Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #31
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I think it is always best to shop around. I would never pay anyone for a quote. Brokers receive kick backs and the idea that they charge for quotes in my book is criminal. But alas in this situation was a deal, nothing hidden, so thus is business.
If a broker does get you the best deal and saves you time therefore money and gets something for himself whats wrong with that? The dealer wasn't going to give it to you anyway and if thats the way they operate then thats fine. There are plenty of items whereby this happens,one of the most prominent would be home loans. Happens every day. $54 is a pittance.If theres a guarantee then you have little to lose.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #32
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
But it still doesn't make sense that a car broker (any car broker) cannot get a better price than Joe Average - regardless of information on hand. I would have thought that the point of a car broker and paying a fee was to get in essence the best deal possible.

Obviously not the case.
I can see it from the brokers side.

They call around and get the customer the best price. Then the advise the cusomer of this. If by chace the client goes to a dealer that either:-
a)has a car in stock they need to get rid of (been in yard too long)
b)have low sales for the month
c)can see making the money back on service.

They will sell at a loss, yes less they the dealer paid for the car. It has been done before. So this is out of control of the broker.

Parawolf your were lucky. Unless you got several quotes from a range of dealers, then that's another story.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #33
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

$54 dollars is around 1% of the money you want to spend. Cheap imho for a starting point when shopping for a new car

Why would you take any quote as gospel, common sense surely would tell you to do a little leg work of your own when you are spending 50k

Can the CarBroker get the same price from the same yard on the same car? I'd be interested in knowing

Maybe as a few others have alluded to, Gregorys Ford had the exact car you wanted that they wanted to get rid off for whatever reason.

I don't know but over $54 I think you were harsh, but I guess it does serve as a warning to other consumers to do alot of shopping around weather thru brokers or privately.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #34
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
$54 dollars is around 1% of the money you want to spend. Cheap imho for a starting point when shopping for a new car
.1% :

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #35
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
If a broker does get you the best deal and saves you time therefore money and gets something for himself whats wrong with that? The dealer wasn't going to give it to you anyway and if thats the way they operate then thats fine. There are plenty of items whereby this happens,one of the most prominent would be home loans. Happens every day. $54 is a pittance.If theres a guarantee then you have little to lose.
I would say all depends on your point of view. Like the banks charging fees yet they make money from loaning your funds to others. It is not the size of the fee that matters to me, merely the principle.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:25 AM   #36
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I would say all depends on your point of view. Like the banks charging fees yet they make money from loaning your funds to others. It is not the size of the fee that matters to me, merely the principle.
If you get paid to work, then why shouldn't a broker? Especially when you consider that A1 are quite upfront re:costs. By the way, banks and brokers (all types) are chalk and cheese.
One makes you pay for them to use your property for their own greater benefit while reducing service levels while the other gets paid to help you spend money/ purchase goods.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #37
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
If you get paid to work, then why shouldn't a broker? Especially when you consider that A1 are quite upfront re:costs. By the way, banks and brokers (all types) are chalk and cheese.
One makes you pay for them to use your property for their own greater benefit while reducing service levels while the other gets paid to help you spend money/ purchase goods.
I agree chalk and cheese. my old bank were forcing me to pay a loan i'd already paid out! Any broker being car or otherwise would get some kind of benefit from the supplier, being a customer, if the price is right, i dont mind them getting a reward for doing the work. The rewards they get may be much less than the difference in me looking for the same priced item, i'd probably get ripped.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post