Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #31
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I don't think he'll get too much sympathy. Clearly doesn't know the law. Happens way too often on some of the road I drive and they're even signposted with keep left unless overtaking!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #32
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't want to sound like a crank in that above post but people doing this majorly ****** me off. I had some guy in a Lancer today on the Bruce HWY blocking traffic by doing 80 in a 110 zone totally oblivious as to what was going on around him. I flashed the lights and pointed to the large KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING sign but it didn't seem to sink in. Some people just do not deserve to have a licence.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #33
scoupedy

Fined, lose liceance and pistol wipped, get the of the bloody road, want to go slower? then walk
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #34
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Did anyone actually read the link...

"Mr Ossington said he was not obstructing traffic, and was in the right-hand lane because he had to make a right-hand turn up ahead."
Old 04-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #35
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane

"Mr Ossington said he was not obstructing traffic, and was in the right-hand lane because he had to make a right-hand turn up ahead."
I'm sure he would have already been travelling in the right hand lane for some time before the police decided to pull him over. They would have watched him for a little bit, seen him sitting in the right hand lane for no legitimate reason and then acted. He should have moved to the left lane when required and then moved back to the right lane within 500 metres of his turn.

"Being cautious" would be driving 80km/h in a 90 zone, but he was driving 25km/h under the speed limit, resulting in a marked difference between his car's speed and the majority of traffic.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #36
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who cares about any conditions that he was under, its morons like this that make people frustrated on the road which can end up in road rage or an accident. Guaranteed some moron will act like this on any trip I take and its annoying as hell and makes driving a pain in the butt
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #37
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

He ignored a sign (and a written road rule) and got fined for it. The same goes for speeding too - ignore the posted limit and get fined.

He says he was just doing the right thing - well obviously not. Does he realise what could have happened if a truckie doing 90 didn't see him till the last minute....

Moral of the story - Don't take driving advice from old ladies!

(The above comment was just a bit of a joke and not to be taken seriously for those whom it might offend)

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #38
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

An American Policeman on Highway patrol sees a little car being driven by an elderly lady with 4 other old ladies as passengers doing 22 mph. On go the blue lights and she pulls over, he notices all of the old ladies are deathly white and shaking.

She says “officer was I speeding” he replies “No you were going too slow, you were only doing 22 mph and are a hazard to other traffic” She look bewildered and says “but this is the I 22 and I WAS doing 22.” “that’s not the speed limit, it’s the interstate 22, but this will just be a warning for you”.

Noticing all the ladies are still white as ghosts and shaking he asks her if they will be alright, she replies “yes, we just got off the I 127 and I am sure they will recover soon".
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #39
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

Did you read the thread?

I dont know the road, but according to posters who know the road, the turn lanes arent in the 90 zone (stands to reason they wouldnt be), they come some time after that where the road slows to 70. Thats a long time to be sitting in the right lane in preparation.

Edit: OK, it was one poster.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #40
lostdude

Mark^^
Old 04-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #41
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

i don't get it...anna coren's always telling me p-platers are wild-eyed kamakazie hoons running down old ladies.
blk_frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #42
eXi7w0unD

lol if some 1 is to slow in the right hand lane, i usually turn my lights on and tailgate a lil to encourage them to move! and after a while the get upset and move over never to return in the righthand m1 lane to the coast!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #43
GK351

Quote:

Cop was on a power trip probably sick and tired of other P platers doing wrong things and took it out on this poor chap.

Alot of you that have replied negative things toward this fella need a a few head slaps.

I know the road well, and lets not forget the posted speed limit of 90 is the maximum, does not mean you should always stick at it. Espeacially on double demerits weekend.

I wish him all the best when he fights it.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #44
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

He was still 30 or so k's under the limit.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #45
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
He was still 30 or so k's under the limit.
Do you have a drama posting anything of reality, or are you "Not smarter Than a 2nd Grader"? He was traveling at 65 in a 90 zone, 25k too slow!

On topic, he was charged with failing to keep left, not driving too slow. An impaired Midget would be able to get off this fine! Absolute Beat Up!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #46
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

anyone that clogs up the right lane should be booked.
Has anyone noticed how alot of the time its taxi drivers sitting on 95 in the right lane?
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #47
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
lol if some 1 is to slow in the right hand lane, i usually turn my lights on and tailgate a lil to encourage them to move! and after a while the get upset and move over never to return in the righthand m1 lane to the coast!
Oh yeah, that's much better driving etiquitte.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #48
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
An American Policeman on Highway patrol sees a little car being driven by an elderly lady with 4 other old ladies as passengers doing 22 mph. On go the blue lights and she pulls over, he notices all of the old ladies are deathly white and shaking.

She says “officer was I speeding” he replies “No you were going too slow, you were only doing 22 mph and are a hazard to other traffic” She look bewildered and says “but this is the I 22 and I WAS doing 22.” “that’s not the speed limit, it’s the interstate 22, but this will just be a warning for you”.

Noticing all the ladies are still white as ghosts and shaking he asks her if they will be alright, she replies “yes, we just got off the I 127 and I am sure they will recover soon".
That is unreal. I'm still laughing.

I know that area well, when I lived in Gymea and Caringbah it used to rile me no end to see the right lane hoggers that religiously go under the limit or sit on the limit whilst the left lane is full of L platers.
Sucked in, got what he deserved and as P1 he'd have lost his licence hopefully.

Quote: