Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #31
anto
Za Dom spremni

If the police just put more patrol cars out on the roads alot of these problems would go away. I remember when I was 19 driving an XAGT there were patrol cars everywhere ! Theyd often follow you at a distance for some time to make their presence felt. This was a time when speed cameras were a new thing so most of the time theyd sit there in their cars with the speed gun or just plain chase you down and pull you over for speeding. Oh how times have changed..
Nowadays its something of a novelty when I see a patrol car just,...well, patrolling.
In my area for example the latest thing with the local lowlifes is burning around the side streets on dirtbikes...really LOUD dirtbikes I might add. So I rang the local police station and of course theyre not interested unless I want to make a formal complaint. I told them that all they need to do is send a patrol car through there every now and then, it was a routine for these numbskulls everyday when they got home from their shitty jobs, same bat time, same bat channel...nope, just not interested.
If only the dumb jackasses just put out a bigger police presence on the road I rekon a lot of the idiots would think twice about doing something stupid on the roads. But then wheres the profit in that ?
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #32
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Indicator still works.LMAO,clown.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #33
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you would not be happy with that club sport kissing the wall, but mike seems to have the nose of that coop sitting up , backside down and power on in all the right places. does look like fun I should get out there one day for a look see
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #34
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

wanna see a few more pics of that fail?

The bloke walked away from it, was standing there twirling his keys on his finger looking quite pleased with what he had done, but the point is even though he had destroyed the car, no-one was hurt, medical personnel were there instantly and he at least had a helmet, maybe the government should sponsor a few track days to get the number of cars there up and off the streets, on that day you could have renamed that place little tokyo, i have never seen soo many skylines, supras, Silvias, civics, lancers and hot hatches before in one place, made us pure aussie muscle people feel really out of place

Cheers

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #35
damir05
turbomaniac

track days are fun but they are expencive, government should make so its free. Who wants to pay 125 dollars, money doesnt grow on trees expecialy for vn commodore owners lol
damir05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #36
Coupes and More
Formerly HAMFIST

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The work he does and the quality for his age is inspiring. keeps me always looking at his thread and a lot of people seem to get a better understanding on how to do things and what can be saved by his photo full threads 

thats me in the pulsar just above big mike in his coupe and iam saying this. it is the best money i have ever spent on anything before or sence : untill i go back lol
Coupes and More is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #37
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMFIST
thats me in the pulsar just above big mike in his coupe and iam saying this. it is the best money i have ever spent on anything before or sence : untill i go back lol
and you have the back right up of the ground, you were giving that puppy a spanking ny the looks
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #38
Bakis
XR6ED

Firstly glad driver is ok, and epic fail LOL.

Secondly, im not really against crushing cars... but they have to redefine what they class a hoon. twice in my nearly 3 years on p's ive been labelled a hoon by police. First time was cause a cab reported me doing do nuts around the centre round about of cows at schoolies, when i honestly wasn't. Still didn't stop cops surrounding my car outside coles and searching me and my mates and my car for everything...
They labeled it hooning when all i was doing was going around the round about like in 'European Vacation' lol. Wasn't until a few witnesses said i didn't do anything law breaking and they didn't find any tire marks or heat in my tires did they quit...

Also been labeled a hoon for taking a corner too fast maybe a recommended of 40 and taking it at 50? Cop said, "You going for a hoon around that corner?"... Argued with my about my P plates not being visible and then kept saying i was a hoon for 20 minutes took photos of the car with p plates then left absolutely hammering his SSV . Both times they were 'unofficial' warnings, but now if they can class me a hoon for pathetic things and crush my car i will be ****ed and so will my parents lol.

Thirdly, will the commodore re-sale values go up with undoubtedly them becoming a rarer items once 600 get crushed a year?

My 2 cents
Cheers

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #39
Bakis
XR6ED

Also on the phillip island thing they told me to leave the island cause if they saw my car again it would be impounded :S

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #40
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The organized fellas aren't really the problem, in my opinion anyway. Its the spur of the moment people that cause accidents and kill innocents.

When i was 18 (which was only 7 years ago) we use to head out of town to race/do burnouts, sure there were blown tyres and what not, but no-one got hurt, Im not saying that should be legalised, but every crash/fatality i ever saw personally was due to two things, alcohol and spur of the moment hooning.

Sure i can say that with the benefit of hind sight. Gee for the first time ever i actually have a high powered car, did 110 in a 100 zone and backed off thinking i was a bloody idiot

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #41
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well what i don't get is how they will be able to punch these laws thru without defining "hoon" to a solid set of rules. there is too much ambiguity over this.

what if you end up knowing more then the cop? bad day? does'nt like the lonsdale t-shirt your wearing?

methinks from now on if pulled over will be advising mr plod that i will be recording the conversation on my phone from the moment i get pulled over, if the officer has an attitude.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 03:11 AM   #42
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrules
i saw evidence of where "hoons" had been the other night, going past Edinburgh RAAF base along west ave, i turned right to go down to heaslip road, there is a huge round about there, must be 50-60 meters across, there were skid marks going all the way round it where some moron had been practicing his drifting, managed 2 or 3 laps by the looks before failing
Oh dear god. you mean the massive roundabout in the middle of nowhere, where theres no people, buildings, anything except trees and some dirt? and several K's from the nearest house? Ok, theres some industrial buildings, but they're well away from any danger from someone playing on the roundabout.
I hope you got on to Adelaide Now and got them out there quick smart. That way they could put it in the paper for several weeks, hassling third-reich-mike to 'think of the children', in turn making the police 'clamp down' on anything that squeals its tyres.... Yeah, thats how these things come about.
Imagine if they saw the vid of Pat that you posted on here recently 'testing his linelocker' in your street.. absolute feild day.

As for laughing at the young guy that crashed his car at mallala, why are we laughing again? he was at the track, doing the right thing, and went over his limits.. hard lesson for him, no reason for us to laugh. Would we be laughing if it was Graham that crashed after pushing that l'il pulsar to hard? or mike had fail for breakfast instead of weetbix?

As for the cruise, its all well and good for the cops to say yep SMASA does things by the book and we'll leave you alone.. What about when you're out cruising by yourself.. Those of us that don't have "grandpa-tastic" cars with stock rims and sagged springs are nervous too...
Old 15-07-2009, 04:29 AM   #43
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

The police should crush all those commos on the road that have stockies just on the back regardless if they have been caught hooning or not. They have the stockies on the back for one reason only......
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #44
iliov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmore
Same as what happens if you ride your car off with no insurance.goodbye car hello repayments.i wonder if the car that gets caught has to have the registred owner behind the wheel for this to take place,if so their are so many loopholes in this seriously.whatever bakes their cake?

Not the "BEST" answer in my opinion,but wadda ya do.
Are you a fool or something. When you take out a loan for a car. The bank MAKES you take out FULL COMPREHENSIVE insurance.
iliov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 04:46 AM   #45
iliov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
The police should crush all those commos on the road that have stockies just on the back regardless if they have been caught hooning or not. They have the stockies on the back for one reason only......
I beg you pardon. I had black stockies on the back of mine because i liked how it looked. Crush my car. yer... :
Old 15-07-2009, 05:12 AM   #46
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
stupid idea, don't punish the cars!

Although, it will mainly be VN commos...
The alternative is not working, and those being crushed are innocent road users (and sometimes, the not so innocent parties themselves and their mates in the car with them).

I reckon crush them and see what effect that has - if it doesn't work, at least the idiots that behave like this will need to fork out more money to keep going.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 05:15 AM   #47
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
I beg you pardon. I had black stockies on the back of mine because i liked how it looked. Crush my car. yer... :
There's no accounting for poor taste is there? IMO there's only 2 reasons to have mags at the front and steelies at the back: you were unlucky enough to get 2 flats and happened to have 2 spares, or you do the odd burnout and it's cheaper to rip through stock tyres at $50 a pop than replacing those nice 17s to 20s at anything from $130 to $500 a tyre.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 15-07-2009, 05:17 AM   #48
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Are you a fool or something. When you take out a loan for a car. The bank MAKES you take out FULL COMPREHENSIVE insurance.
I'd like to see the insurance company that covers "crushing due to hoon behaviour" in their policy. You may need to keep that fool tag close to home.

Old 15-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #49
iliov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I'd like to see the insurance company that covers "crushing due to hoon behaviour" in their policy. You may need to keep that fool tag close to home.
He referred to being unable to pay load repayments due to not having full comp. You must have full comp to take out the load in the first place. His post is a double cross. Its not possible... fool.
Old 15-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #50
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Oh yeah. And that look is.... Look at me im so cool I do burn outs all the time.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #51
cob115
COUPE WHORE

this is another example of media mike big noteing him self about some thing thats nothing,mean while our state is a basket case with manufacturing leaving ,companys going bust,people looseing there homes,the murry running out,highest state taxs in the hole of australia,i got stuck in regency friggen park for 1hour the other day paying dumb *** rego fees for a bush basher ,god dam it grrrrrrrrrrr ,,,,,,fell better now had rant

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #52
LTDHO
The one and only

You can pick up a VN or EA for under a grand. Hoon around until you get busted, then buy another. Repeat cycle.

Those with nice cars will try and out run the police, they'd rather crash it excaping then see it crushed.

What happens to the financed cars? They can not be siezed, they have to go to auction to pay back the finance co. Which the old owner can buy back.

Not much thought has been put into this by the 'powers of government'.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damir05
track days are fun but they are expencive, government should make so its free. Who wants to pay 125 dollars, money doesnt grow on trees expecialy for vn commodore owners lol
People who are serious about enjoying their cars legally and (relatively) safely.....
Why should the govt provide this for free? $125 is only a night out on the turps...

Old 15-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #54
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
People who are serious about enjoying their cars legally and (relatively) safely.....
Why should the govt provide this for free? $125 is only a night out on the turps...
not saying it should be free. $50 a day and hoon around on a track to your hearts content. plenty of patches of dirt they could do up in conjunction with clubs around the old AIR.

so lets say when you were younger you got a couple of fines for "excessive noise" or "undue smoke". they say on your record pretty much forever. now your a bit older and can buy that nice BF GTP, loud, low, etc etc. whats to stop them pulling you over and accusing you of hooning because of something you may have done 6-7 years ago? what sort of evidence will be needed?

and does'nt this give them even more power to pull you over randomly and hand out even more defect notices with impunity?
Old 15-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #55
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
not saying it should be free. $50 a day and hoon around on a track to your hearts content. plenty of patches of dirt they could do up in conjunction with clubs around the old AIR.

so lets say when you were younger you got a couple of fines for "excessive noise" or "undue smoke". they say on your record pretty much forever. now your a bit older and can buy that nice BF GTP, loud, low, etc etc. whats to stop them pulling you over and accusing you of hooning because of something you may have done 6-7 years ago? what sort of evidence will be needed?
So much paranoia...
Im sick of reading all the excuses.. there's plenty of motorsport venues and opportunities to enjoy your vehicle off road legally and safely, people are either too tight, too lazy or their vehicle is a POS to seek them out and participate, its easier to blame the govt and keep breaking the law then take the initiative yourself.

Old 15-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #56
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So much paranoia...

look, i ahve bnothing but a few speeding fines to my name, but without them bolting down the definition of "hooning", it's open to the interpretation of the officer
Old 15-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #57
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
Oh dear god. you mean the massive roundabout in the middle of nowhere, where theres no people, buildings, anything except trees and some dirt? and several K's from the nearest house? Ok, theres some industrial buildings, but they're well away from any danger from someone playing on the roundabout.
I hope you got on to Adelaide Now and got them out there quick smart. That way they could put it in the paper for several weeks, hassling third-reich-mike to 'think of the children', in turn making the police 'clamp down' on anything that squeals its tyres.... Yeah, thats how these things come about.
Imagine if they saw the vid of Pat that you posted on here recently 'testing his linelocker' in your street.. absolute feild day.

As for laughing at the young guy that crashed his car at mallala, why are we laughing again? he was at the track, doing the right thing, and went over his limits.. hard lesson for him, no reason for us to laugh. Would we be laughing if it was Graham that crashed after pushing that l'il pulsar to hard? or mike had fail for breakfast instead of weetbix?

As for the cruise, its all well and good for the cops to say yep SMASA does things by the book and we'll leave you alone.. What about when you're out cruising by yourself.. Those of us that don't have "grandpa-tastic" cars with stock rims and sagged springs are nervous too...

Yeah that video won't see the light of day again, that's purely for a performance standpoint, Only me and a select few are able to enjoy his "stationary torque assessment". as for that roundabout, it would have been nice to see some military police from the RAAF base turn up with dogs and automatic rifles since its in the area and shoot holes in them, for all i know they could have happened on the same night as that lower light crap, as for the bloke at mallala, i wouldn't have been laughing if graham or mike had crashed cos i would have been walking home. i'm not saying we should be laughing at that guy, glad its not me with 80k worth of debt and a car thats nothing more than scrap, it's an example of when someone does the right thing and goes to track day, even if it goes A#$ up, at least emergency people were there and he had the right equipment on. adn no-one else was injured. as for telling adelaide now, yeah right!!!! i'm not giving those complete tools more ammo, just because they print large amounts of toilet paper. I'd have thought we'd learnt how useless they were after the whole photoshoot for the drive in night fiasco and all that was visible in that passport size picture was my headlight and that crusty old amber petty.

P.S. your description of mike rann is spot on :hihi: Third Reich Mike! classic

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #58
smee323
Yes it is mine...

Quote:
So much paranoia...
Im sick of reading all the excuses.. people are either too tight, too lazy or their vehicle is a POS, its easier to blame the govt and keep breaking the law then take the initiative yourself.
So true.
Some young people today need to be spoon fed their decisions.
Why is it always someone elses fault. You have a brain, figure it out for yourself.

I enjoy my motorsport. Running a rally car, I have to pay full rego and am not allowed to drive it on the road except in conjunction with an event.
I've had my speeding fines and learnt my lesson. Under today's rulings it would have seen my car taken from me and crushed. So I joined a car club and went from there.
smee323 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #59
Ando_Leigh

If its done correctly then i have no problem with them crushing the cars. But as has been posted before i think they would be better of selling the cars and putting the money towards "victims".
But why shouldit just be the "hoons". What about the Drunk Drivers. If your caught in say mid to high range then why shouldn't your car be taken away too?
Old 15-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #60
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando_Leigh
If its done correctly then i have no problem with them crushing the cars. But as has been posted before i think they would be better of selling the cars and putting the money towards "victims".
But why shouldit just be the "hoons". What about the Drunk Drivers. If your caught in say mid to high range then why shouldn't your car be taken away too?
Who says they won't?