Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #31
BJ
Banned

AS usual the same people bitching about what hasnt happend yet. If you were to get over the me thing you might see things a bit different light. What they are trying to do is work out some way to stop all of the deaths of young people. I dosent matter weather you are on you Ps or not. The numbers dont lie the average age is between 18 and 22. If most of them didnt drive like there was no tomorow and not try and show of none of this would be needed. you see it after most car events most of them have to prove themselves, and end up with the plod right up there arrs and then they start to winge about how they werent doing anythig wrong. Now Having said all that i for one hope it dose come in and that they make it twice as hard in the future.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #32
Dez
Banned

why is it that a discussion is always called bitching?

this is a forum, we're discussing a car related issue
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #33
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
ill say it again:
im all for it, BUT only AFTER your FIRST driving offense.
if you dont **** up, you dont suffer the consequences.
Sounds like one of the most sensible things I have heard for a long time, but only if it's for serious or semi-serious offenses, not doing 104km/h in a 100km/h zone, more for dangerous driving or other offenses such as that.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #34
The MaDDeSTMaN

Just one little point, while the stats show 10-22 year olds, not EVERYONE who is on their Ps is in that age bracket. I'm on my Ps until the end of this year, and I'm 27.
Old 25-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
you notice a p plater more because they have the P plate staring you in the face. thats why people always say how many p platers they see being dick heads...they dont realise the fully licensed drivers doing it because there is nothing to really make them stand out
Ah the thing that makes them stand out is that fully licenced drivers dont have plates. And i think everyone would agree is that there is a lot more fully licenced drivers than there is P plate drivers.

When im driving it is very rarely that i see these supposedbly licenced drivers doin the speed limit. They got 12 points so they figure they can speed more.

As for restrictions. As if its gonna happen. If your gonna be a ******** you will be regardless of how many passengers you have in the car. And if you crack under pressure your just a soft cock. If anyone puts me under pressure i just tell them to **** up.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #36
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Ah the thing that makes them stand out is that fully licenced drivers dont have plates.

thats exactly what i was saying mate...
Old 25-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #37
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
thats exactly what i was saying mate...
What i meant was that you said

Quote:
...they dont realise the fully licensed drivers doing it because there is nothing to really make them stand out
And what i meant was the thing that makes FULLY LICENCED drivers stand out is that they DONT have plates and there is a lot more cars without plates than with plates.

So its not the fact that they dont realize fully licenced drivers are doin it, its just they rather make P platers pay for it as we are the minority i guess. Plus not to mention the government can make a fortune off a lot of P plate cars for defects. So if you have passenger restrictions there will be more an more hotted up cars on the road so they can make even more money off defects. They dont care bout the road toll as much as they care bout money. Its probably cheaper to let people die than it is to help prevent it to terms of money.

Also there is people without P plates aswell if theyve done P off.
Old 25-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #38
Kryton

Quote:
They dont care bout the road toll as much as they care bout money. Its probably cheaper to let people die than it is to help prevent it to terms of money.
the whole idea of the restrictions IS to save lives from cockheads that think they are invincible. its got nothing to do with money at all.
as for the defect cars, well they should be defected coz alot of them are down right dangerous.
if anyone believes they are cracking down on P platers just for money then think again.
P platers have proven that they cant look after themselves so the government has decided to do it for them anyway they see fit.
P platers have NO ONE else to blame for this but themselves as a whole.

just wait till youve grown up abit and had a license for 10 years, ONLY THEN will you see why they are cracking down on P platers.
better yet i invite you to come to warrnambool for the weekend and you can see first hand why i believe these P platers deserve everything thrown at them.
*and yes i know not all P platers are the same but you have only the larger population of cockheads to thank*
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 01:46 PM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Putting restrictions on P platers puts more P platers on the road driving at any time. If they are so bad then they wouldnt want more on the road.
Old 25-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #40
BJ
Banned

Well i have seen it all now. Have just come back from my local RTA branch. This person who just got there licence was booked going up Springvale road towards Nunawading clocked at 100 kph. This ******** had just got his licence for christs sake.Now should he be given a second chance i think not.And you wonder way most people do give a shit what the govement do to you lot. And yes he was with his mates all three of them.
Old 25-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #41
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Putting restrictions on P platers puts more P platers on the road driving at any time. If they are so bad then they wouldnt want more on the road.
i think this argument should put an end to this argument. you'll either have more P platers in 1 car, alledgedly egging the driver on to do stupid shit, or you can have each and every one of those 4 passengers in there own car, driving right along side eachother. Its almost certain that once in their own car they'll be even more dangerous. then there will be all sorts of shit brought into it....

take the 5 mates for example. as a result of the restrictions, there is now 3 cars instead of the 1 full car. say you've got 1 holden, 1 ford, and 1 import in that group....there's bound to be some dangerous driving with the rivalry between the 3 cars....(if that particular group of people is 1 that would have caused trouble under the current rules)

and the government hasn't even done anything yet have they? a suggestion from some coroner doesn't count as the government doing anything

Quote:
the whole idea of the restrictions IS to save lives from cockheads that think they are invincible. its got nothing to do with money at all.
speed cameras are about saving lives as well according to the government..;)
Old 25-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #42
AdzT3-146
own the road

in reply to CH7472 - yeh it's dickheads like that that the rest of the p plater community get ****ed off with, rest assured he wont have his licence in a month.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.

Last edited by AdzT3-146; 25-05-2005 at 02:10 PM.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #43
BJ
Banned

He hasnt got it now it was canceled on the spot and the car towed away. I was the tow truck driver.
Old 25-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #44
AdzT3-146
own the road

ah i see, ah well dickheads eventually get what they deserve
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 25-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #45
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
He hasnt got it now it was canceled on the spot and the car towed away. I was the tow truck driver.
was it a hi performance car?

if it was, i'm sure we'll hear about it on the news....but if it was a hyundai excel, we wont hear a thing i'd say...unless it had a mugen cannon....then its highly modified
Old 25-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #46
BJ
Banned

And in answer to mr Dez maybe there should be more drives ed in schools and they make it harder to get you licence.
Old 25-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #47
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
was it a hi performance car?

if it was, i'm sure we'll hear about it on the news....but if it was a hyundai excel, we wont hear a thing i'd say...unless it had a mugen cannon....then its highly modified
I dont think it will make any differance at all. He only had his licence for not even half an hour, and gose and pulls a stunt like that. You dont think the tv will get wind of that. The fact that he did it is one thing but after just getting it come on how stupid do they think people are.
Old 25-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #48
Dez
Banned

Quote:
And in answer to mr Dez maybe there should be more drives ed in schools and they make it harder to get you licence.
you wont find me disagreeing with you there mate. thats where it needs to come from, and not just restricting the hell out of p platers when they do have their license. you restrict passengers and they just have to get used to passengers later on....when they'll have a full car load, and no experience with 1...

The license process is a joke. you can drive 0 hours on your L's, get a few lessons, and you'll get your P's....

I drove as much as humanly possible when i was on my L's, and my parents never denied me that...i didnt just go out for drives to nowhere, but whenever someone was going somewhere, i'd drive....

getting your license is way too easy. change that, and you wont need all these restrictions imo
Old 25-05-2005, 02:25 PM   #49
AdzT3-146
own the road

couldn't have said it better myself dez.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 25-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #50
Dez
Banned

Quote:
I dont think it will make any differance at all. He only had his licence for not even half an hour, and gose and pulls a stunt like that. You dont think the tv will get wind of that. The fact that he did it is one thing but after just getting it come on how stupid do they think people are.
yeah he was an idiot. it wouldnt matter what car he was in, he still would have lost his license.....

thats exactly what i was getting at ;) and that the media would only show it if he was in a high performance car.....which these days seems to include a lowered VN with wheels.
Old 25-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #51
oldracer

Got a good one for you, just yesterday with my 16 year old driving on L's, two guys in a laser, both sucking on stubbies and showing them to the world, came along side our car, yelling and carrying on with L plates out the window, takin' the ****, swerving in and out of traffic and the 16 year old looks at me and shakes his head.
My 18 year old got his licence on Monday and i would not want him driving with a group in the car, let him get used to the road, traffic, weather, tuning the radio whilst driving, checkin the chicks, drinking coke etc etc all the stuff they haven't done whilst learning to drive, then cope with his mates in the car after that.
I've been on the road for over 30 years as a commercial traveller and there are some good P plate drivers but in the main, most are looking for a place to cause some concern.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #52
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldracer
Got a good one for you, just yesterday with my 16 year old driving on L's, two guys in a laser, both sucking on stubbies and showing them to the world, came along side our car, yelling and carrying on with L plates out the window, takin' the ****, swerving in and out of traffic and the 16 year old looks at me and shakes his head.
My 18 year old got his licence on Monday and i would not want him driving with a group in the car, let him get used to the road, traffic, weather, tuning the radio whilst driving, checkin the chicks, drinking coke etc etc all the stuff they haven't done whilst learning to drive, then cope with his mates in the car after that.
I've been on the road for over 30 years as a commercial traveller and there are some good P plate drivers but in the main, most are looking for a place to cause some concern.
sorry forgot to mention that the driver was on P's and the passenger was a moron.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #53
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
AS usual the same people bitching about what hasnt happend yet. If you were to get over the me thing you might see things a bit different light. What they are trying to do is work out some way to stop all of the deaths of young people. I dosent matter weather you are on you Ps or not. The numbers dont lie the average age is between 18 and 22. If most of them didnt drive like there was no tomorow and not try and show of none of this would be needed. you see it after most car events most of them have to prove themselves, and end up with the plod right up there arrs and then they start to winge about how they werent doing anythig wrong. Now Having said all that i for one hope it dose come in and that they make it twice as hard in the future.
Totally agree.

Quote:
And what i meant was the thing that makes FULLY LICENCED drivers stand out is that they DONT have plates and there is a lot more cars without plates than with plates.

So its not the fact that they dont realize fully licenced drivers are doin it, its just they rather make P platers pay for it as we are the minority i guess
From the RTA:

People under 26 comprise only 15% of driver licences but
are involved in 36% of road fatalities.

During the five-year period 1999 to 2003, fatal crashes
involving drivers* aged under 26, 78% were identified
as the controller of the vehicle primarily responsible for
the crash. In contrast, only 60% of drivers aged over 25
years involved in fatal crashes over the same period were
identified as the key vehicle controller.

A 17-year-old driver with a P1 licence is about four times
more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than a driver aged
26 or older.

Young drivers have a greater risk of involvement in a fatal
crash if they have two or more passengers.
Of the 89 young drivers involved in fatal crashes from 2001 to
2003, 36 per cent were driving with two or more passengers.
This contrasts with 15 per cent for drivers aged 26 and over.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #54
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
From the RTA:

People under 26 comprise only 15% of driver licences but
are involved in 36% of road fatalities.

During the five-year period 1999 to 2003, fatal crashes
involving drivers* aged under 26, 78% were identified
as the controller of the vehicle primarily responsible for
the crash. In contrast, only 60% of drivers aged over 25
years involved in fatal crashes over the same period were
identified as the key vehicle controller.

A 17-year-old driver with a P1 licence is about four times
more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than a driver aged
26 or older.

Young drivers have a greater risk of involvement in a fatal
crash if they have two or more passengers.
Of the 89 young drivers involved in fatal crashes from 2001 to
2003, 36 per cent were driving with two or more passengers.
This contrasts with 15 per cent for drivers aged 26 and over.
why is it fair for them to include 22-26 year olds? that adds a shit load more people and stats to the argument...

and if 36% of the people had 2 or more passengers, then thats a minority isn't it?
Old 25-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #55
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
why is it fair for them to include 22-26 year olds? that adds a shit load more people and stats to the argument...
It would most probably be an even worse statistic if they were to take out 22-26year olds. But yeah I too would like to see the stats for just under 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
and if 36% of the people had 2 or more passengers, then thats a minority isn't it?
the significant part of that stat is by comparing it to drivers over 26 (i.e. 36% vs only 15%).
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #56
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
The license process is a joke. you can drive 0 hours on your L's, get a few lessons, and you'll get your P's....

I drove as much as humanly possible when i was on my L's, and my parents never denied me that...i didnt just go out for drives to nowhere, but whenever someone was going somewhere, i'd drive....

getting your license is way too easy. change that, and you wont need all these restrictions imo
In ACT your sposed to have 50 hours although you can make it up so it might aswell be 0. I drove everywhere on my Ls without incident and so far nothing on my Ps.

Ive had one warning for speeding and thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
take the 5 mates for example. as a result of the restrictions, there is now 3 cars instead of the 1 full car. say you've got 1 holden, 1 ford, and 1 import in that group....there's bound to be some dangerous driving with the rivalry between the 3 cars....(if that particular group of people is 1 that would have caused trouble under the current rules)
So true. I mean who hasnt been a ******** when they are in a group of cars although some not as dangerous as others. At least when there is one car its one car to control and not 5. More often than not its groups of cars that make trouble.
Old 25-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #57
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
maybe coz so many young people are breaking enough laws that they are still on their Ps when they are 22-26.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
no, thats still 1 in every 3 cars.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #58
Dez
Banned

Quote:
maybe coz so many young people are breaking enough laws that they are still on their Ps when they are 22-26.

no, thats still 1 in every 3 cars.
1 in 3 is a minority....as oppose to 2/3.... :togo:

and i dont think thats why they include 22-26 year olds....there are also a lot of older p plate drivers who have lost their license for drink driving etc
Old 25-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #59
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
and i dont think thats why they include 22-26 year olds....there are also a lot of older p plate drivers who have lost their license for drink driving etc
Or some of us who simply didn't get our Ps as soon as we could get them, like me. I've never been booked for speeding, and I'm sure anyone who has seen me driving would agree that I'm not one of the "********" P platers, however I admit that I have witnessed a lot of P platers driving like absolute tools - most looking like they are in their late teens/early 20s and think they are invincible.

Ok, I know some people will think I'm weird for this, but I didn't even get behind the wheel of a car until I felt ready, mature and able to handle it without wanting to "show off". THEN I got my Ls, and had them for a few years, learning to drive in all different conditions (daylight, night, sunny days, pouring rain, fog, icy roads, etc.), in different cars, with different gearboxes (both manual and auto) and different engines. Then, again when I felt as though I was ready for it (and had my own car all ready for me to drive), I got my Ps. I was not going to rush one of the most dangerous activities people do on a regular basis, particularly as the lives I could potentially risk would not just be my own, but the lives of potentially many other innocent people. I mean, even my little Escort is nearly 1000kg with me in it, a Falcon weighs a few hundred kg more then that, and it doesn't take much more then a basic understanding of physics to realise how much of an impact that much weight can produce if you lose control of it.

I think it's too easy for people to get their license, and I think not enough people take it (driving) seriously enough.

Oops, sorry, there I go again, ranting as usual! : :togo:
Old 25-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #60
Dez
Banned

lol, in your rant you raise a great point.

that not all p platers are young, and that not all older p platers have prior offenses!

so , i'll use you in this scenario if thats ok....you're a mature aged adult, you have your p's and not as a result of a previous offense in which you lost your license.

say you have a family, have a wife that cannot drive (no license, not a crack at females:P) or you are a single father.

these restrictions would mean you can only take 1 kid to school at a time....got 3 kids? you better do 3 runs every morning/afternoon.

its stuff like this that makes these restrictions not a good idea