Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #31
MCXR8

Theres another one of these cameras on the corner of Showground Rd and Victoria Ave at Castle Hill. I was driving home the other night and saw it flash at a 350Z speeding through the lights.
MCXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #32
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
Well,

Just to let those who drive up Pennant Hill Road, there is a new Red Light Camera at the corner of Beecroft Road and Pennant Hills road. While the site of the camera is not new, this one captures speed but doesnt have any signage saying so, just the Red light camera ahead sign. It takes pictures of those headed south bound. I watched as it clicked away at many motorists who didnt think twice about it. It is in a school zone too.

I dont know the legality surronding a camera in NSW without the 3 signs but this one certainly flashes when people speed past.

kypez.
Thanks for the heads up... they are everywhere.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #33
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like this is legit:
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...ras/index.html

Pretty dodgy if you ask me - speed cameras are suposed to be posted with 3 signs and reinforce the speed limit -these have one signe that says bugger all - could be a video camera for the uniformed.

the rta web site clearly says speed cameras must be sign posted :
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...merasites.html

man this goverment is giving me the s&^ts. wait till half of sydney gets a christmas tax bill, i mean speeding fine.

Get off yoiur **** and write to your local member
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #34
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look, this is revenue raising pure and simple. you know it - i know it and the govt knows it. I didnt mind the 3 signs for speed cameras becuase if you were to spaced out to notice them and speeding you deserved it. I will notice these signs but many will think they are just survalance cameras (a few extra bucks on signs explaining what they are might stop people going through a red light - and isnt that the aim. (we know its not)

Send an email to the roads minister if you have had enough.

david@campbell.minister.nsw.gov.au
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post