Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #31
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cops can follow you and drive side by side to make a judgement of speed. Im pretty sure thats the only way they can make a judgement call. The cop that tried to book me came from a side street and i dunno what he was on a bout but i was doin 60 in a 60.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #32
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
That's actually called impersonating a police officer
Yes, I realise that, and he knows it's illegal. I actually saw him pull into a friend's driveway and do it once, and thought it was an exceedingly dumb thing to do.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #33
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It has come to my attention that some of you might not know the difference between 000 and 112,so by way of explanation:
The following is from The Sunday Mail in a column called SOLVED,with Red Tape Buster Shane Bowering;
.........112 is the recognised international emergency number. It is programmed into all GSM phones and works anywhere in the world.

Triple-0 is the recognised emergency number in Australia and is the preffered number for our emergency services...

...112 is a viable option when your phone is out of network range or reads Emergency Use Only,if you have no credit left on your SIM card and even when your phone locked,as it will override the need for a PIN.

It seems if you have no credit left on your mobile phone Triple-0 wont work but 112 will.....

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #34
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

John, I can confirm for you that 112 works and the police will be there shortly to arrest you for treason, terrorism, public drunkeness, speeding, drink driving, busking without a permit, violations of the geneva convention, J walking, littering, soddomy, reckless driving, impersonating Daryl Sommers, theft, breaking and entering, willfull destruction of church property, vaticide, attempted chemistry and for not mowing your lawn.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #35
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
John, I can confirm for you that 112 works and the police will be there shortly to arrest you for treason, terrorism, public drunkeness, speeding, drink driving, busking without a permit, violations of the geneva convention, J walking, littering, soddomy, reckless driving, impersonating Daryl Sommers, theft, breaking and entering, willfull destruction of church property, vaticide, attempted chemistry and for not mowing your lawn.
You just cant resist can you?! When some poor bastard says 'I need help' the sourbastard light goes up into the clouds; faster than batman and superman combined - he's here ready to spread wanton cliche's and random statements as far as the eye can see....

:
Old 10-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #36
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
You just cant resist can you?! When some poor bastard says 'I need help' the sourbastard light goes up into the clouds; faster than batman and superman combined - he's here ready to spread wanton cliche's and random statements as far as the eye can see....

:
First of all, no I cant resist, I see "What should I do" and the words, "chew on a shotgun" come to mind.
Secondly I dont get a light in the clouds, I get an sms, this is the 20th century you know.
Thirdly, yes I am faster then batman and superman, never underestimate the speed at which a drunken fat bastard can move, especially around pork chops.
Fourthly I dont spread wanton cliche's, because theres no "I" in team
Fifthly I dont spread Random statements, My rectal exam was painful and long.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #37
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Private property means jack sh*t the offence was committed on a public road...your gone.

To the other side of the coin you chuck donuts,circle work on your own property..they can't touch you.
Both are very valid points. If a cop tries to pull you over on a public rd, you can't just pull into your drive way and it's all over. Police are allowed to talk to you on private property. If you do something on private property, such as a burnout, the cops can't get u for it, cause it is legal. It is times like this that I wish we did have a police ocifer on hand to sort out these questions. Oh, and ELGT97, I reckon you should have stopped, 100m is a fair distance when there is a cop behind you with his lights on.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #38
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351
I think tyre spikes then a baton to the back of the head is the best way to get across to people that the disco lights are not a request to stop when its convenient to for you.

You know people run and try to get to home for a variety of reasons when they get pulled over. Think about that and you will understand why the officer was miffed at you and handed you said infringment.

You know you are exaclty correct in your comments, but for 1 thing

you must pull over for the police but only when it a "safe" to do so.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
It has come to my attention that some of you might not know the difference between 000 and 112,so by way of explanation:
The following is from The Sunday Mail in a column called SOLVED,with Red Tape Buster Shane Bowering;
.........112 is the recognised international emergency number. It is programmed into all GSM phones and works anywhere in the world.

Triple-0 is the recognised emergency number in Australia and is the preffered number for our emergency services...

...112 is a viable option when your phone is out of network range or reads Emergency Use Only,if you have no credit left on your SIM card and even when your phone locked,as it will override the need for a PIN.

It seems if you have no credit left on your mobile phone Triple-0 wont work but 112 will.....

Just to clarify:-

* 000 will work on phones with no credit on them (i.e. prepaid). I know this cos Ive done it. If you have no network coverage with your network, it will try and get through on another one.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #40
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
First of all, no I cant resist, I see "What should I do" and the words, "chew on a shotgun" come to mind.
Secondly I dont get a light in the clouds, I get an sms, this is the 20th century you know.
Thirdly, yes I am faster then batman and superman, never underestimate the speed at which a drunken fat bastard can move, especially around pork chops.
Fourthly I dont spread wanton cliche's, because theres no "I" in team
Fifthly I dont spread Random statements, My rectal exam was painful and long.
lmao.
dude, dont ever give up.....
i love having a laugh at your replies!~
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #41
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sourbastard .. you are a twisted man and I am proud to know you !!
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:31 PM   #42
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LMFAO,sb your gold.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 10-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #43
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I was fined for speeding after I had pulled up in my own driveway, completely unaware I had done anything. I parked up the driveway and gone to walk inside when a WRX with flashing lights pulled up and called me over. 79 kmh in a 60 zone and the embarresment of having your mum come outside to find out what was going on. To add insult to injury they were the last 3 points I had, lost lincence for 3 months. Still spewing.

I believe I was followed from quite a distance, I had a XD 351 at the time and gave it a little bit past where the WRX must have been sitting, wasn't over the speed limit when I passed him, I then turned down 2 streets, speeding down one, and then into driveway, so he must have spotted me go past and then followed. Is it a legal procedure for an officer to follow someone. I wasn't speeding when I was visible to him, he would have figured a P plater driving a V8 would be a good target to follow, I said to him were you following me, and he wouldn't admit to it, made me wonder wether he was legally entitled to do it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #44
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes its legal for a cop to follow you,however(and I stand to be corrected on this bit)if its to determine your speed they have to follow you for about 400/500 metres and be close enough to match your speed without speeding to catch you.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 10-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #45
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes its legal for a cop to follow you,however(and I stand to be corrected on this bit)if its to determine your speed they have to follow you for about 400/500 metres and be close enough to match your speed without speeding to catch you.
Yes, for about 200 metres.
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #46
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I wasn't speeding when I was visible to him, he would have figured a P plater driving a V8 would be a good target to follow, I said to him were you following me, and he wouldn't admit to it, made me wonder wether he was legally entitled to do it.
Lol turns out you were a target. But nothing sucks more about speeding than getting pulled up when your just home.

I got pulled up about 50m from my house at 330am. Didnt get a fine though so i was happy. The annoying thing was that my car got inspected for about 30mins by one cop while gettin a lecture from the other.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post