Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #31
xr8ute
Back on the road

Good decision Stav

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #32
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

You go to try it at least. I hope you have better luck than I have at the moment.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

:sm_headba woohoo! go Stav!!!
Old 23-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Thanks men!!! :sm_headba The quick way is just cam and bbm.The head is a big job and I am a bit lazy lately. Definatley cam and bbm being reworked.If I have the energy head as well.

The other way to do it is just plug it into the new head get another bbm do my secret bag of tricks to that and my spare throttle body.I have a spare set of injectors and o rings..straight in. Bolt all that jargon in and when the day comes..unbolt the head slap the new one straight on and voila..hope it starts lol.If it drives out of the driveway my first goal is reached!! If it accelerates thats the next.If it accelerates ok then this is another .Finally check leaks and pray Ive done it right. Once these objectives are completed I will get it tuned asap so I dont destroy it there and then.. Then gtech and dyno sheets will tell me if this is the setup for me.

Just talking about it makes me want to not touch it at all hehe.

Or!! I just do the cam 2 hour job..slap the bbm on and go from there.I dont think the head for all the trouble is worth doing yet..I am bloody crazy...but its not leaking...Yes this is the easy and clever way out. Good tune gave me more than most mods so far...marvellous stuff..good onya croydons youve restored my faith.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #35
Damo
Banned

Hi useless, I too have a dev 4 cam and was wondering if you could PM me some details on how this cam needs to be dialled in, JMM are useless (pardon the pun)is that even a pun)as they won't give out the specs and my mechanic said he needs the specs to dial it in right. So any info you could share that I could pass on to my mechanic would be great.

BTW my car is an EF XR6, 5speed, 3.73:1 LSD, dev 4 cam and rollmaster cam gear.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #36
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Do you really want to know my specs mate.its our secret ok.But I have said it before that each individual car needs it done accordingly.JMM or any cam manufacturer does not consider the different exhausts we run or the kilometres. A slightly worn engine will need more adavance to make it all work.

This cam is dialled into useless specs and not JMM specs.I cant eVen use a dial gauge.I use a vernier caliper.I will send you a pm soon.

edit.For the manual you may want to retard the cam a tad because you guys can launch at higher rpm and benefit from an extra kw.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 24-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #37
Stav
Smile

If it aint broke..dont fix it. The dev 4 stays.Its proven itself. Brendan sold me a good cam.A cam on its own cant make a car go fast. The surecam is going into my memory bucket.The head may go in when it starts playing up.. or I feel a burst of energy.

I think I will see 3 to 15% more rwkws when the head goes on but mum and dad also told me there was a tooth fairy so Iwill have to wait and see.thanks all. :newangel: :

Old 25-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #38
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so how much you want for the surecam then? :hihi:
FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #39
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

PM sent
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post