Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #31
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

HSV has already made a Bathurst Model??????

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Its an old model, I saw a vid of that episode at least 6 months ago so it is of no reference to the Bathurst (or should that be Barthurst) that has just been.
Old 13-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #33
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I was super jealous that HSV got to show case their cars on Top Gear whilst Ford Australia sat on the rug in front of the TV cross legged watching on.

Such a shame, I know its not in the interst of Top Gear to import an FG over just to test drive it. Ad Ford Australia wont do it, unless they send em over for a world tour or something.
It kills me how they compare the HSV's to BMW's or Audi's when there is a perfectly better car with the same raw qualities as the Vauxhaull... the Falcon, which also build a ute and who happens to be the inventor of it.

And utes being sold in the UK?? that does not sit well with me, the USA yeh but the UK? parking it over there would be a niiiiiiightmaaaaaare.
I wonder how well they are selling?

Click here to see my ute

Last edited by fordOwner; 13-10-2009 at 12:24 PM.
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #34
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt10
its not the bathurst its the bar-thurst
Isn't that where you go and why you go to get a drink? Someone should teach them how to speak English

They have done a couple of supercharged special editions over there, I think the Brits are reasonably tolerant of reliability issues in a car they purchase knowing full well it is stretching the limits, so long as the back-up is there.

The Bathurst special edition was released earlier in the year, it was demonstrated at the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the start of July for example (which was on before this episode went to air in the UK)
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #35
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone should tell them soap dodgers
Bathurst rhymes with rats-****
(well sorta..)
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #36
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
And utes being sold in the UK?? that does not sit well with me, the USA yeh but the UK? parking it over there would be a niiiiiiightmaaaaaare.
Parking is not as bad as you think.

There are plenty of LWB S series Merc, 7 series BMWs and Bentleys roaming around London.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #37
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
The supercharger on the Barth-hurst VXR8/Walky Clubby sounds wicked. If there is a supercharged V8 in the MY11 GT and it sounds half as good, Im in (just cant bear the VE looks wise)
Unlikely. Being a production fit rather than an aftermarket job like the Vauxhall will most likely mean it will be kept tame in the interests of NVH. Noise regs possibly too.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #38
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

That was an awsome episode!, wish i could get my v8 to sound like that with a charger, it was one of the sweetest sounds i've ever heard!! :
Old 13-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
That was an awsome episode!, wish i could get my v8 to sound like that with a charger, it was one of the sweetest sounds i've ever heard!! :
Obviously you havnt heard a modular ford V8 with a Kenne bell or the likes. Have a listin to some of Daniels (CAT600's) AU TS50. that sounds fantastic
Old 13-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #40
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh soon all those Holden fans that think they know everything about cars, but really know F all, will be telling everyone how HSV's are supercharged now and how they are faster Aston Martins etc etc. I cant wait.
Old 13-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #41
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
If the F6, for example, were unlimited the tyres would cost a fortune and it would be illegal and insurance voiding to put on cheaper ones.
Incorrect. In NSW atleast as long as the speed rating is above 140km/h its legal.
Old 13-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #42
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
ya mean something like this crappy quality vid i took sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXzCEp0b6z8
BOSHOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post