Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2005, 12:11 AM   #31
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Looks like yet another A1 install from your workshop Steve. Good stuff.

I'd personally love to see your workshop logo up the top of our forums as a sponsor as I reckon you have a lot to give for the QLD/NTH NSW members. Your no bullsh!t approach is a great step above a lot of other so called reputable workshops in the Brisbane area

Last edited by Sylox; 20-04-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 07:11 AM   #32
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Damn - I'm impressed. I like the intercooler and the fact the intake runs at the front - try setting up an intercooler with a Vortech - not easy.

I'm more interested in the plenum and the intercooler setup than anything else. Do you have to cut metal to run the piping?

only a couple of tiny mods other than that straight in.
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 07:14 AM   #33
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Damn - I'm impressed. I like the intercooler and the fact the intake runs at the front - try setting up an intercooler with a Vortech - not easy.

I'm more interested in the plenum and the intercooler setup than anything else. Do you have to cut metal to run the piping?
Just what I was thinking mate.

Great looking setup, piping looks good and fat with no visible sharp bends, and the plenum also looks sensational. Any more pics, maybe a few closeups of different parts of the install like intercooler, plenum, blower mounting, etc. ?
Old 20-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #34
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Well done. That setup almost looks factory!

Also, congrats on the Torana. I voted for it for SMOTY!!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #35
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
Looks like yet another A1 install from your workshop Steve. Good stuff.

I'd personally love to see your workshop logo up the top of our forums as a sponsor as I reckon you have a lot to give for the QLD/NTH NSW members. Your no bullsh!t approach is a great step above a lot of other so called reputable workshops in the Brisbane area
Dyno Steve is going to support our AFF, so until then if any wants more news and more info go to http://www.redcliffedyno.com/ plenty of news there and some exciting products and packages coming up for Ford lovers..
Steve is out of Action for a few days so any questions you will have to show some patience..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Just read the site and they're working on a Supercharger for the AU series. Sweeeeeet...
Old 20-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #37
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Dyno Steve is going to support our AFF, so until then if any wants more news and more info go to http://www.redcliffedyno.com/ plenty of news there and some exciting products and packages coming up for Ford lovers..
Steve is out of Action for a few days so any questions you will have to show some patience..
no probs answering questions now guys as i'm not going to have surgery until next week
Old 20-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #38
Aussie Pete

So, what's it take to get that plenum set up? Costs? Any wiring changes (like extender looms)?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #39
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
So, what's it take to get that plenum set up? Costs? Any wiring changes (like extender looms)?
I'm still working pricing out but the planinum will come in around $1300 plus fitting, wiring on the tps,map and throttle need to be extented
Old 20-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #40
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve
I'm still working pricing out but the planinum will come in around $1300 plus fitting, wiring on the tps,map and throttle need to be extented
Steve welcome to AFF, does that planinum take a standard type bolt up throttle body...
does the SS 80mm fit or do you have a preference for a particlar setup on the T/B with the new planinum..?
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #41
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

the standard throttle body fits straight up, however a larger throttle is a definate advantage
Old 20-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #42
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Is there much improvement with the new manifold on a 'bolt on' Boss?
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #43
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Is there much improvement with the new manifold on a 'bolt on' Boss?
we've so far seen a best of 30kw's and the torque has improved by 500rpm and gained 215nms
Old 20-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #44
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Excellent.
Have you given thought to producing over the radiator intakes (as seen on LS1's) as an option for the new manifolds?
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #45
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Excellent.
Have you given thought to producing over the radiator intakes (as seen on LS1's) as an option for the new manifolds?
not as yet but were working on our own cold induction, and throttle bodies
Old 20-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #46
MadManz

Very nice set up, infact the nicest i have seen.

any idea on the price for a set up like that?
Old 20-04-2005, 09:39 PM   #47
Aussie Pete

Quote:
I, umm, dunno what a planinum is but I think we're talking same same - but different : :hihi:

So, I'm guessing da $1300 includes the extension harnesses? Should do I guess. Would be the way to go - simply plug and play - not like the methodology used by some of the so called reputable aftermarket vendors.
Old 20-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #48
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
I, umm, dunno what a planinum is but I think we're talking same same - but different : :hihi:

So, I'm guessing da $1300 includes the extension harnesses? Should do I guess. Would be the way to go - simply plug and play - not like the methodology used by some of the so called reputable aftermarket vendors.

As yet i haven't built a plug and play harness as i prefer to solder every joint especially being that the flyby fibre accelerator is one of the ones that gets extended.

Last edited by dynosteve; 20-04-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 20-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #49
XRQTOR
Banned

Ohhh a procharger on a Boss. Those things make insain power on cobra's, im assuming the same from our bigger Boss.

More on this new intake mate, would their be any gains if it was bolted onto a stock car. Any idea on how long till we can buy one.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #50
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Ohhh a procharger on a Boss. Those things make insain power on cobra's, im assuming the same from our bigger Boss.

More on this new intake mate, would their be any gains if it was bolted onto a stock car. Any idea on how long till we can buy one.
I'm currently doing testing on the manifold in natural form, with the use of being able to program through our RDP computer i've seen a best of 30kw's at the moment but it averages out at 26kw's i'm currently taking orders for our systems and will release the orders when i'm happy with the powerlevels gained
Old 21-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #51
MadManz

How much to get the full install, charger, intercooler i take it, chamber?
Old 21-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #52
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz

A complete setup including blower/intercooler/manifold/computer system/water injection/fuel system supplid and fitted and dyno tuned should come in about $16,000 but this is only a estimate may be cheaper
Old 21-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #53
MadManz

and power estimates? on a 290 engine?
Old 21-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #54
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz

Go on Jas you caaan do it. hehehe
We can have two blown BA's at WSID.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #55
Aussie Pete

Strange you are running H2O Injection as well as an intercooler. Water displaces intake air meaning less power unless you gain from timing. Many people running non-intercooled are getting good power no-H2O. Are you injecting pre-blower?
Old 21-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #56
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

DynoSteve.

I have sent you a PM.

Regards

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #57
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Strange you are running H2O Injection as well as an intercooler. Water displaces intake air meaning less power unless you gain from timing. Many people running non-intercooled are getting good power no-H2O. Are you injecting pre-blower?
Possibly spraying the water over the intercooler, mate had it on his skyline and it made a bit of difference but not heaps. Bought a cryogen kit from the states then had the car confiscated before he could fit it.
Old 21-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #58
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I'm currently doing testing on the manifold in natural form, with the use of being able to program through our RDP computer i've seen a best of 30kw's at the moment but it averages out at 26kw's i'm currently taking orders for our systems and will release the orders when i'm happy with the powerlevels gained
Im assuming thats a peak power gain or 3okw. How does it affect low down power/tqe. Would be good to see what a stock car with a good tune can produce then throw the manifold on and see what it can reveal.

Any more info on this RDP computer, is it a form of computer edit or is it a whole new ecu.
Old 21-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #59
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:
Im assuming thats a peak power gain or 3okw. How does it affect low down power/tqe. Would be good to see what a stock car with a good tune can produce then throw the manifold on and see what it can reveal.

Any more info on this RDP computer, is it a form of computer edit or is it a whole new ecu.

Hey Guys,

i inject the water into the supercharger unit, normally i wouldn't fit water to a intercooled unit but seeing that i'm still testing i like to try all avenues of the tuning process, this is also helpful for people in hotter areas where intercoolers don't work as well.
Old 21-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #60
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner

Quote:

30 kw's is the best i've seen so far, but i just ordered a new xr8 ute today from ford so that i can test every item on it's own merits, as well as i'll put a few on some demo cars to get some feedback from different driving styles.

Our RDP computer is a interceptor unit, which is totally different to all other units on the market today.
our systen has an inbuilt injector driver box which can run both hi & low impedence injectors this is a list of features

inbuilt injector driver box
22psi inbuilt map sensor
ignition control
fuel control
over riding trim control
map locks
airflow metre locks
full seq firing of injectors
full data logger facility
3 aux outputs
afr intergration display
shiftlight activation