Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #31
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Converting old bus to motorhome/party bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
I'm a member of a large organisation that deals solely with motorhomes, campervans and now caravans

we are on a drive to install "dump points" wherever the councils will allow us to

there are many of these in existence now all over the joint look for the blue sign

failing that many caravan parks will allow (sometimes for a small fee) to dump your waste into theirs

hang on, I just did a quick search and came up with this....http://www.dumppoints.com/ you can empty your black water in these places
I just had a more detailed look at those dump pints and they are mostly paid ones....send me your email addy by PM and i'll send you the details to get to the free ones

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #32
xp_wannabe

Thanks for all your advice/help mate. Just sent you PM.
xp_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #33
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Slightly off topic.. Ive been looking at buying a motorhome myself...
Good luck guys...Amazing what can be done when a few mates get together with various skills...|Has helped me with my projects..
Everyone wins...If done right !!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #34
Pis-ton broke
Banned

so a few blokes will be driving the the porcelain bus, (which might be a good name for it).

So on to important things, how are you going to keep the stubbys/spirts cold?
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #35
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp_wannabe
Thanks for all your advice/help mate. Just sent you PM.
no worries anytime,.......as I said I'd love to be amongst that lot!......but unfortunately age does weary us! LOL!

if you have a mate that's an electrician, a mate thats a plumber and a mate who is a gas fitter then throw in a carpenter and a mechanic then the world is your oyster......

if not.......... we have ways of working around it LOL!

mate grab the motorhome and do it....nothing scary "out there"....good friends that have yet to introduce themselves to you, good times and stuff that memories are built on!

just remember what an old feller told me once.....he looked at me and said...."son, nobody gets out alive!"

he also said .........."never trust a fart, ...and never pass a toilet"

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 13-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Excellent idea, this is the kind of work we do at my workshop, not motor homes, but we take a standard Mercedes Sprinter and turn them into Ambulances/Prison vans etc which means we've got cabinets, furniture, 240V power throughout, etc.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #37
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke
so a few blokes will be driving the the porcelain bus, (which might be a good name for it).
Old hat mate XD Falcon introduced plastics, here's the dunny you need for this mobile man cave -

Locking 'filler cap', must hold at least 60 litres for those long stretches, use the fuel pump to empty it out when parked over a drain somewhere.

Just strap it under the floor, drill a big hole and poke the spout up into the bus, make sure it doesn't have an anti siphon spring in it though, could cause problems.

Love the idea of converting a bus into a camper, didn't realise these old busses were so cheap neither.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #38
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Vehicle will be sold without registration. ZF transmission.

Take her down to BPR for an xcal ZF box tune

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't offer any advice but would be interested in a build thread. I have had this sort of idea many of time but reckon it would be more awesome with a semi trailer lol
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #40
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

quite a few semis have been done (look on youtube)....I've never done one but it would be relatively straightforward given a pantec has a flat pan and usually steel framing to start off with

that fuel tank with it's awkward shape would be too hard to strap in, way better off with a purpose built either rotomould or blow mould

200 ltrs capacity tank for about $180.......times that by 3 and you have your fresh water, grey water and black water tanks

Old 14-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #41
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Here is your bus! If storage is an issue, an enclosed trailer might be the go!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261001669...84.m1423.l2649
Ugh!! A B10M. Stay away! We run buses, and there's no way we'd touch one of those. Horizontally mounted engine is bad news. The ECU's are a pain as well.
A company we're friends with, run a couple and the boss is ready to burn them.

We have a bus or two for sale, but nothing that would suit your needs.

8K is about the max you should be paying right now for a decent example. Several bus company's have gone broke recently, and the market is saturated with their vehicles.

State Transit NSW have given up even trying to sell their old Mercs, and are just scrapping them now.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post