Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #31
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
And yet there are still signs that say outside of school hours on a school day the normal speed limit applies.
Personally, if I'm on the road (working or not) and the sign displayed has times specified, I'm going by the sign.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #32
EF_Frmnt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
Waggers appear at all times of the day
PMSL!!! so true.. i snuck out many-a-time from my school and fortunately as i was being extremely watchful of surroundings never got hit by a car.
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #33
BLDNUT01

I,m going to need a passenger in the car to read the road signs just so i dont hit anything reading the thing myself in the time it takes with all the confusion to what speed i should be doing and when. why cant the rules just be put in plain english ie. school zone 40k 8.30 - 4 school days standard
Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #34
bigev
Bloke

One other thing, AFAIK, there is no requirement (ADR or otherwise) to have a clock in your car - how am I supposed to know when the time is between a given period?
bigev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 11:55 PM   #35
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
I second that

When I was in school I managed not to get run over whats so diffrent with the Youth today?
Exactly. People are all going soft these days. Just wrap the bloody kids up in cotton wool and slap a Hi-Vis vest on em, and put the speed limit's back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigev
One other thing, AFAIK, there is no requirement (ADR or otherwise) to have a clock in your car - how am I supposed to know when the time is between a given period?
That is a VERY good point! What's the go with this? Surely not everyone has a watch/clock on them at all times while driving. Or do they expect you to pull over a knock up a sundial all MacGuyver stylez before you drive past a school?
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #36
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Meh, at least in Vic it says on School Day's and its only 40km/h!

In South Australia it has been 25km/h for years. And over the last few years they have put the ambiguous signs that say "25km/h When Children are Present" So really, that can mean any time of day or night, any day of the week. They are shown at schools that don't have crossing lights, etc... So stop having such a big whinge, it isn't a huge deal. It might slow you down for all of what, a minute maybe? Geeze.

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #37
holmsy
Banned

i like the areas that have the digital speed signs. there is one in geelong with the high school right on the highway and they have digital signs so people actually know beacause half the time there is to much around to notice a little normal sign.

i reckon if they are going to have timed rules they should have to have digital signs so if you dont have a clock or dont get the time to read the fine print you can still do the right thing.

unfortunately if you are caught and you say i wasn't aware of the time i have no clock. they will say. if you are unsure you are supposed to to 40. i know people that have been done that way.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #38
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyXR6Turbo
Meh, at least in Vic it says on School Day's and its only 40km/h!

In South Australia it has been 25km/h for years. And over the last few years they have put the ambiguous signs that say "25km/h When Children are Present" So really, that can mean any time of day or night, any day of the week. They are shown at schools that don't have crossing lights, etc... So stop having such a big whinge, it isn't a huge deal. It might slow you down for all of what, a minute maybe? Geeze.
Yeh I agree mate and I dont worry about doing 40km/h in school periods, the only thing that annoys me is having to do 40km/h at midnight or on a weekend.