Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #31
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah.. mine is a series 1... but it's a futura.. but it's got almost 230k km on it... not gunna be worth much in 2 years time..
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #32
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Fit the BA motor, put aftermarket cams in, run it with the AU ECU and flash tune it and be done with it, you will still have the twin cam in there, with the extra power, who gives a toss about VCT anyways.
i've never looked for aftermarket cams for a BA motor.. i'd assume they would be expensive... but what you are saying certainly makes sense... guess i just compare the price between running wiring and installing aftermarket cams...

i also know nothing about how ecu's really work.. and if using the AU ecu with the flash tuner is able to make provisions for a boosted motor.. as i'd be wanting to use an xr6t motor...
Old 26-07-2007, 12:22 PM   #33
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i'll be catching up with some mates over the weekend.. and probably discuss the possibility of this with them.... and see what sorta options if any i can come up with.. .
Old 27-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #34
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
why does everyone suggest things like that...

if i wanted a BA.. i would buy a BA.. BA's are overwieght...
AU's are freakin ugly.
Why would you bother spending so much money on first, purchasing the motor, then you have fabrication costs to make the thing fit, then engineer certificate then you need to try and insure the thing.
It just isn't worth it, as I said. Buy a BA/BF and get out of the 90's.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #35
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

BTW, I have an Au as well, and I was going to do the same thing, I wanted to put a boss 290 or typhoon motor in it, by the time i did the sums, I was better off buying a second hand Xr8 or Xr6T, the thing is AU's are just an unfortunate looking car unless tarted up like bucky's and mine.
I agree, it WOULD be cool to have a 290 between the towers, but I can see why it hasn't already been done.
Sorry if i came across the wrong way.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #36
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the heads up, is everyone taking notes? I agree that Au's are ugly, but didn't realise there was only one considerable option to resolve this. Yiu're car must have to sport the XR50 kit for it to pass in the looks department, now that you have enlightend us all with that, I'm sure this will become the be all or end all standard for all AU's.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Like JC said. With enough money you can put anything into anything

Old 27-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #38
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was never a fan of the AU looks... still amazed i actually bought one... but the looks are really growing on me....

anyone can go buy a BA falcon... i don't want to follow the masses..and the AU is 200kg or so lighter...BUT.. having said that.. i also aint gunna do this if the cost is going to blow out.. i may as well just throw a snail on the side of the AU donk...

as for fabrication costs etc.. i have a mate that can fabricate stuff for me a bit cheaper... it's not like the car needs modifying to slide the motor in.. it's all just bolt up.. (mostly)
Old 28-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #39
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if ya lookn at doing this for more power it would be so much eaiser just to go a turbo kit....i think youl find it very hard on the wiring side of things AU & BA run a completelly different wiring set-up AU very basic really & the BA running a CAN BUS SET-UP....or buy a complete smash BA and swap everything dash etc ova with complete wiring etc....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #40
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
AU's are freakin ugly.
Quote:

Why would you bother spending so much money on first, purchasing the motor, then you have fabrication costs to make the thing fit, then engineer certificate then you need to try and insure the thing.

It just isn't worth it, as I said. Buy a BA/BF and get out of the 90's.
you miss the point like so many on here it isn't about what you like the person who starts the thread about his wants. He at no time asked if we like the AU but as he is in the AU section that would be a fair assumption. This thread is about putting a b series engine into an AU not about buying a B series. I may have missed some of the original post as for the life of me I don't recall his asking should I buy a b series. so stick to the subject at hand or post in the B series forum where you comments of
Quote:
AU's are freakin ugly.
might be welcome. they are not welcome here. this section of the forum is for those interested in the AU and making them different to suit the individual owners. if you feel
Quote:
AU's are freakin ugly.
you are obviously in the wrong area of AFF and I'm sure others will agree that we will not be upset if you do not return to the AU forum I'm sure the B series boys will welcome you and maybe even agree with you view on the AU
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #41
EX-Y494

Good luck with it hope it works
but Im waiting for the 2010 when someone start a theard would the new v6 fit in my au. lol
C2R body kit, 2 1/2 cat back Exhaust, Red Diamond 2800rpm stall converter
BA front brakes, BA air box with pod
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/cgi-bin/i...act=item&i=326
EX-Y494 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #42
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why stuff up good thing the last of the au,s are a better car than a ba....less problems better on fuel only slightly slower....and if ya want more speed you can get xr8.....i worked for ford for 7yrs from ed to ba and i reckon the auIII is the best falcon eva made....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #43
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

first of all.... thanks for all the replies....

after the research i've done... i think it's going to be much easier to just turbo the current motor... it's in pretty good nick.. so should be fairly reliable... with prices reaching upwards to and over $5000 just for the xr6t motor... it's just not financially viable... and there are still too many questions about how to get the engine running...

so basically... i won't be attempting to do this engine conversion... there are far too many unknowns.. and i'm not willing to be a guinea pig at this point... coz i can see costs just blowing out when it comes to engine management...

thanks again for those who have given constructive advice.. perhaps someone else is willing to try this conversion..