Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Rude People

I noticed I get a little narky when I call 5 days in a row because the same mob can't get their act together and constantly keep lying or won't call you back. Oh well I guess you would when you ordered 3 weeks ago, you can't go through someone else and you have higher management breathing down your neck about it...oh well.

Normally I work with going through another supplier/contractor. Poor acting companies find out very quickly how they lose business with me and how good customer service can increase their revenue.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #32
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish people were more kinder and helpful. we'd be alot less stressed out and annoyed all the time. hate the rude service alot of places give you now days
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #33
z80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GULL
WTF ,maybe spend yr cash some place else then.I take it from your response u dont work in customer service.

Don't worry, I never fall for the same crap service twice.

"customer service" ain't customer service at all in most places.

More like "phone screening and complaints dept due to our loser of a product failing due to poor workmanship and misrepresentation of manufacturers claims".

If you hear complaints all day long and think it's the customers fault then you are part of the problem.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #34
z80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Have you ever thought that you may be part of the problem?
I wish I could hear your company's salesman speak to me like that before I part with my hard earned cash.

Or maybe just say..."our service is great, we lie to you, ignore your calls and tell you that you complain too much, then we tag you with the rude label when you say enough is enough"
Old 28-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #35
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think management needs to pay attention to feedback and complaints, and move employees who can't deal with the public to positions where they don't need to. Not saying they should lose their jobs, but if their position IS customer service then that employee should be friendly, helpful, and be able to problem-solve and work with the public.

I.e. that rude guy who still works in the supermarket near the uni I went to. I used to avoid running into him when I checked out.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #36
maty
territorytx

Work in overnight transport, always get a few people whinge/scream to you as a driver that the freight has taken a week to get from syd-mel show them that it was dispatch yesterday then they shut up. I think alot of people over promise for work/sales then cant deliver on what they promised.
maty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #37
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
I am often rude to people who reckon they are "helping me" by grudgingly giving me service after I have waited in line to be served by counter staff who have cultivated and perfected the art of ignoring people in a queue.

Generally, counter staff are the problem, not the customers.

If you're being paid to suck up to people to take their money, then do it.

oh dear!!!!!!.....so many answers, so little time!!!!!

where's that joke section.....

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #38
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I work in helpdesk support.

Don't anyone complain to me about customer service issues from either party.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rude people....

A rude person is defined by their attitude to others regardless of any other consideration.

When I was first starting out my father gave me some very good advice:

"When you first meet someone watch how they interact with others especially service workers such waiters or till operators. If they treat these or others with contempt or derision then they are not good people and should be avoided as they will tend to be false and self serving."

That was 35 years ago and so far has been completely true on every occasion.

Rudeness is also contageous. If you are rude to someone then they will often be rude back. It takes a mature personality to set aside how you are being treated and treat the other in the way you would like to be.

Should you find you are often being treated rudely by others you may find the problem is in your mirror.

Of course if you are an arrogant self serving rude misanthrope who believes you are superior and the whole world is here just to serve you then you have the right t be like that and luckily the more interaction you have with everyone else the more obvious your true self becomes.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #40
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
i love being rude to rude people...
HA I was about to post the same thing.

I am so sick of people being rude for no reason at all...I dont care what is happening at home when you are out in public and people are giving you a service etc then being polite should be standard, not some kind of chore.

Most of the time the rude people in this world shut up pretty quick when someone says something to them in public. They know (generally) that they are being rude and once they are put in there place then they back down quickly.

I dont do it in a way that is aggressive, more passive aggressive I guess, a friendly reminder.

Really simple stuff like leaving shopping trolleys in aisle...I mean sure someone gets paid to get them but some people leave them right in the middle which blocks people.

Or people pushing in line at the deli..etc...Im making the world a better place, one bogan at a time...LOL

Im not perfect thats for sure, but these days I have my kids with me to and I dont like them seeing other peoples bad habits, or just plain rudeness for other people. Dont even start me on public swearing!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by flappist; 28-02-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: you know better than to invoke the swear filter
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #41
LTDHO
The one and only

I deal with these people daily. People expect everything for nothing now days and if you don't provide that, you will know why.
Everyone has a sob story, why they are worse off than anyone else. Why I should give more than they should have..
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey miss_xr6......how are you feeling today!........better I hope!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #43
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 shops this morning 3 bunches of rude people. Its so simple. If you don't like or want to serve customers then GET OUT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #44
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was just in the USA and I noticed most people in Los Angeles were very friendly, while most people in New York were very rude.
Such a massive difference between these two places.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #45
GULL
TuRbO

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
Don't worry, I never fall for the same crap service twice.

"customer service" ain't customer service at all in most places.

More like "phone screening and complaints dept due to our loser of a product failing due to poor workmanship and misrepresentation of manufacturers claims".

If you hear complaints all day long and think it's the customers fault then you are part of the problem.
You lost me on the above quote.All im saying like a couple of others on here,as i am in customer service ,is yes we all stuff up ,but you dont have to yell,throw what you bought back at me,swear black and blue at me!Show some manners act your age and i will be more than happy to fix the problem up and give you something extra for the hassel.And if i stuff up again on your next visit,which i hope and try not to,then vote with your feet and walk away
Old 28-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #46
z80
Banned

Quote:
You lost me on the above quote.All im saying like a couple of others on here,as i am in customer service ,is yes we all stuff up ,but you dont have to yell,throw what you bought back at me,swear black and blue at me!Show some manners act your age and i will be more than happy to fix the problem up and give you something extra for the hassel.And if i stuff up again on your next visit,which i hope and try not to,then vote with your feet and walk away

LOL...how can anyone throw things at "customer service" when half the time they are located in the Philippines or India?
Old 29-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #47
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
You lost me on the above quote.All i'm saying like a couple of others on here,as i am in customer service ,is yes we all stuff up ,but you don't have to yell,throw what you bought back at me,swear black and blue at me!Show some manners act your age and i will be more than happy to fix the problem up and give you something extra for the hassle.And if i stuff up again on your next visit,which i hope and try not to,then vote with your feet and walk away
Speaking of which, when you offer a customer something more than what they want 9/10 times they are satisfied, but hey when a company makes a stuff up(sure it's not deliberate) but they have to compensate the customer for there mistake
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #48
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
I was just in the USA and I noticed most people in Los Angeles were very friendly, while most people in New York were very rude.
Such a massive difference between these two places.
I havn't been to u.s before but i think new york is like our Sydney(fast paced/streesed/etc) and L.A is like Brisbane(laid back/easy going/friendly <at least when ive gone there it always is>)
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #49
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you're dealing with difficult people, just imagine a beautiful forest, trees for miles, a pristine stream with cool, crystal clear water and if you concentrate hard enough, you can see the face of the person giving you all that stress under the water as you hold them underwater and drown them.

Doesn't that make you feel better already?
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #50
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
I havn't been to u.s before but i think new york is like our Sydney(fast paced/streesed/etc) and L.A is like Brisbane(laid back/easy going/friendly <at least when ive gone there it always is>)
Maybe true, but LA is only laid back until you get into a car.

Everyone drives flat out most of the time. The only time they don't is when its grid lock, which seams to be half the day.
The average driver changes lanes 8 times a minute because they need to be at the front and indicators are yet to be introduced to cars sold in LA.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #51
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know if this is true, but some people say that those in warmer climates (closer the equator) are friendlier and warmer people. Well, that's what I heard.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #52
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Everyone drives flat out most of the time. The only time they don't is when its grid lock, which seams to be half the day.
The average driver changes lanes 8 times a minute because they need to be at the front and indicators are yet to be introduced to cars sold in LA.
Haha, I agree. Los Angeles is not known for their "friendly" driving. If you're going to drive there you better keep up with their speed and not get freaked out when people cut in and out from all over. Indicators on cars exist alright, some use it some don't, but the "highway salute" is what I got for not keeping up.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #53
z80
Banned

Quote:

At least they have proper transit lanes, trucks not allowed in fast lanes, no speed cameras, and they they actually pull over when not overtaking.

Don't be rude to them on the road though...they all got guns...LOL
Old 29-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #54
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rude people....

A rude person is defined by their attitude to others regardless of any other consideration.

When I was first starting out my father gave me some very good advice:

"When you first meet someone watch how they interact with others especially service workers such waiters or till operators. If they treat these or others with contempt or derision then they are not good people and should be avoided as they will tend to be false and self serving."

That was 35 years ago and so far has been completely true on every occasion.

Rudeness is also contageous. If you are rude to someone then they will often be rude back. It takes a mature personality to set aside how you are being treated and treat the other in the way you would like to be.

Should you find you are often being treated rudely by others you may find the problem is in your mirror.

Of course if you are an arrogant self serving rude misanthrope who believes you are superior and the whole world is here just to serve you then you have the right t be like that and luckily the more interaction you have with everyone else the more obvious your true self becomes.....
Spot on Flappist, especially your second last paragraph. I know a few people who go around thinking the whole world is rude and/or against them and it's a vicious circle for them, try to help and tell these people where the problem lies and they then think your against them too!
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #55
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't be rude to them on the road though...they all got guns...LOL[/QUOTE]

lol, Isn`t it funny how people become so nice with a loaded 45 in their face!(joke haha):

Well if it makes any difference Miss Xr8 you have a wonderful day & just think about jumping in that beautiful Xr8 & listen to her purr as you drive down the road!
Old 29-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #56
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come meet my "housos" next door... I'll show you rude... inconsiderate, alcoholic, hypocritical, bogans all in one.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #57
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
At least they have proper transit lanes, trucks not allowed in fast lanes, no speed cameras, and they they actually pull over when not overtaking.

Don't be rude to them on the road though...they all got guns...LOL
Yeah true. I honestly prefer driving there then I do here. I was often driving 10mph over the limit and still being constantly overtaken.

Leaving LA towards Vegas in the carpool was was great. Speed ranging from 70-90 mph and I still didn't catch up to the Escalade in front of me. Still had cars coming up behind me every now and then.

My Weapon of choice
Old 29-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #58
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another rude person experience that came back to my mind was during my tertiary education days when I was doing a pre-apprenticeship automotive course. There was this one guy who appeared to be a very bright performing student but he loved to act like he was a cut above the rest.

He would always talk down at other students and make himself appear to the only one who had any idea about cars, although it became clear over time that he was no expert and that there were simple things that he didn't know. I would mind my own business but he seemed to have a bone to pick with anyone who he felt wasn't intellectual like him.

I'm not the only one who thought he was a ******** after completion of the course, another guy who I ended up seeing again later on also noted how this guy liked to one-up himself in a conversation.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #59
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rude people....

In customer service, a customer can be rude, but you're surposed to cop it on the chin and smile. NOT be rude back.

First step is try being nice to them. If that fails, switch off and leave them have a rant and rave. Then, when they walk out the door, still smile and say "have a nice day". Some it upsets more, but it's still avoiding being rude to them.

BTW, I deal with some absolute pig of people. First impression is to snot them, as they treat you like a piece of garbage beneath their feet. Nothing to do with who you are....it's more to do with them being in a position of power (ie money has gone to their head). So it's got nothing to do with your mirror theory.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #60
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It sorta does though svo supporter. What your talking about is people attitude. If someone goes around with the mindset that all this money make me powerful and treats others as garbage, they will rub them up the wrong way all the time, if they looked in the mirror as flappist suggested, they will find it's their attitude thats in fact the problem.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post