Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #31
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey speaking of wheel and tyres for the strip, have been thinking and would 15" tyres with some sticky low profile tyres prove to be the best option for getting off the line
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #32
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
hmm yeah i'll be happy with anything under 15.5 as mine is a forte so it doesn't have the shorter diff gears or lsd. My PB is 15.7 with CAI and exhaust, now add unichip and extractors and we will see how we go, very exciting!
So maybe this is not quite accruate then? :
Quote:
That being said, I've got a unichip installed with just the exhaust, extractors and cold air intake on my auto forte and it is so much faster than a xr6 vct its not funny.
Not my fault the XR6 came with LSD and 3.45's.. but it did. :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Hey speaking of wheel and tyres for the strip, have been thinking and would 15" tyres with some sticky low profile tyres prove to be the best option for getting off the line
yep, the taller sidewalls offer a bit of flex when launching which is a good thing.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #33
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
So maybe this is not quite accruate then? :

Not my fault the XR6 came with LSD and 3.45's.. but it did. :
No i'd say it is accurate, it kills Jaclyns xr6, and I don't know of many xr6's that run sub 15.5, but seeing as my car seems to pull a lot harder than stock xr6's if they do run faster than this hopefully my car will be faster still. Either way, we will find out for sure in the morning :

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #34
jeffb

I have a unichip in each of my cars and don't have any issues, I don't know what everyone complains about, perhaps for these bad chips they were just never tuned properly.

The problem with the AU edit is it cannot be done realtime, you have to download, edit, upload, test, download, edit, upload, test, pain in the backside really.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #35
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No i'd say it is accurate, it kills Jaclyns xr6, and I don't know of many xr6's that run sub 15.5, but seeing as my car seems to pull a lot harder than stock xr6's if they do run faster than this hopefully my car will be faster still. Either way, we will find out for sure in the morning :
If you want a target, try 14.95..I have a vct xr6 with cold air,extractors,exhaust and haltech interceptor,nankang street rubber and standard daily driver weight minus the spare and jack.Good luck with your times, I hope you achieve what your aiming for as a low 15 in a forte is nothing to be sneezed at.
Old 25-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #36
Rebel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbz
The price of a capa flash tune all depends.

If you buy at the right time when tunning shops are having specials and what not you can get a good deal. eg. BTA a site sponsor had a special to buy a box for 695 and a custom tune for 400 so 1095 for both is only 195 difference and you get.

A Brand New Unit
Can be turned back to stock instant not looms or anything.
Can adjust transmission settings.
More Power.
Undetectable by cops, insurance company.

Im a uni student too and thats my 2 cents

Thanks Jake
That just goes to show how much markup is in these little black boxes! After all they will still be making something.
2008 FG GT 315 EGO #460

1968 Falcon Sports Coupe **2012 PCOTY winner**
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11325000

1990 XF Falcon Panelvan
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #37
Rebel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Unichip has been mentioned. What about Powerchip and Chiptorque. I believe they are tuneable to the same degree as the Unichip but just plug straight into the ECU!
2008 FG GT 315 EGO #460

1968 Falcon Sports Coupe **2012 PCOTY winner**
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11325000

1990 XF Falcon Panelvan
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post