Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

They are production cars ... albeit slightly modified ... although similar R&D has gone into all vehicles ... and the ones I mentioned ... are much cheaper (even after mods and R&D completion.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #32
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Meh ... Jun Auto.
Z31 Twin Turbo 300ZX = 416km/h
record still stands from 1991 ... now that's an effort.

JZA80 TT Supra made 408km/h from memory last year.
From Jun as well.
Lol yeah that thing is an animal.

http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/jb-z32/index.html?en

Zed represent!!!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #33
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
If you like fast production cars, also check out the Bugatti Veyron 16.4!

"The engine has 16 cylinders, eight camshafts, four turbochargers, 64 valves and produces 1001 horsepower. It will power the world's fastest production car to a top speed of 406kmh" (~250MPH)

The Veyron is also the most expensive production car at $2,000,000 USD. They say it'll do 0 - 300kph in under 14 seconds!
Holy Crap, What an awesome car , I am blown away , And if it does anything like the figures stated youll just about need a neck brace to drive it
0-300kph in 14 sec Bwahahahahahahaha thats phenominal LOL no thats straight out f*kin scary :
Old 12-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #34
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Meh ... Jun Auto.

From Jun as well.
Being able to do that on a Salt flat in race trim is a bit different to being able to do it on tarmac or concrete in street trim.....
Old 12-08-2005, 07:37 PM   #35
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo

And what do you mean about the E55 not being a spectacular car M14A... the CLS55 IS an E55, with boat like characteristics engineered into it. I am still struggling to understand the point of the car, all they did is retard an E-Class.
Well how is that possible? If the E55 is a CLS55 then why did they give it different names? The CLS is beautiful, they've made what should be a dull 4 door sedan that looks like a coupé, the details like the pillar-less doors are fantastic. I don't really care that there is only 2 seats in the back, because you can still fit 2 adults in there and they'll be fine for a short trip. The AMG V10 is a bloody brilliant engine IMO, same brakes as the SLR which has to be a lot of fun (I love big brakes) and above all goes like a bat out of hell with those different suspension settings. From what I've seen it does similar performance to the Aston Martin Vanquish S and Ferrari 575, I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyal
the only good seat in a CLS would middle in the back. I pity the rear seat pasengers.

The car just doesn't make sense, a sedan coupe? It can go like stink for all i care but its one awkward looking Mo Fo
I disagree, as above.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:40 PM   #36
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
If you like fast production cars, also check out the Bugatti Veyron 16.4!

"The engine has 16 cylinders, eight camshafts, four turbochargers, 64 valves and produces 1001 horsepower. It will power the world's fastest production car to a top speed of 406kmh" (~250MPH)

The Veyron is also the most expensive production car at $2,000,000 USD. They say it'll do 0 - 300kph in under 14 seconds!
Can someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the Veyron is a gasketless engine.

There was a thread on the engine of the year a couple of days ago.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #37
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Wasn't the fastest claimed sedan speed record held by a Mr Yagz of Melbourne Victoria with his manual EL XR8 sedan???
it was a series 2, and dont forget it!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:05 PM   #38
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
Well how is that possible? If the E55 is a CLS55 then why did they give it different names? The CLS is beautiful, they've made what should be a dull 4 door sedan that looks like a coupé, the details like the pillar-less doors are fantastic. I don't really care that there is only 2 seats in the back, because you can still fit 2 adults in there and they'll be fine for a short trip. The AMG V10 is a bloody brilliant engine IMO, same brakes as the SLR which has to be a lot of fun (I love big brakes) and above all goes like a bat out of hell with those different suspension settings. From what I've seen it does similar performance to the Aston Martin Vanquish S and Ferrari 575, I like that.
AMG V10? Um.. ok? Both the CLS55 AMG and E55 AMG run the same 5439cc SOHC 24 valve Supercharged V8, producing 350kW @ 6100rpm and 700Nm @ 2650 - 4500rpm. And the CLS55 is and E55, as I stated before. The CLS is built on the E-Class platform. It is an E-Class under the skin, with a butt ugly pointless sedan coupe thing on top. I still do not understand the point of this car. It's more expensive the the E-Class, based on the E-Class (so its identical underneath), less practical then the E-Class (interior space is way down for a start.. what with that frog like body.. remind me of a 90s Taurus), and its uglier (though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you cannot deny the loss of value, practicality and performance comparing the two). Oh, and if you carry adults in the back of a CLS, make sure they're very short. There's little to no headroom.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #39
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Meh ... Jun Auto.

From Jun as well.
no offence but this is the most pointless comparison. Why not compare it then with a Top Fuel Dragster, both have the same relevance to any road going car. The EV12 is full street legal A SEDAN 4 doors, full electrics, leather seats, climate control, weighing over 2tonne.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #40
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
AMG V10? Um.. ok? Both the CLS55 AMG and E55 AMG run the same 5439cc SOHC 24 valve Supercharged V8, producing 350kW @ 6100rpm and 700Nm @ 2650 - 4500rpm. And the CLS55 is and E55, as I stated before. The CLS is built on the E-Class platform. It is an E-Class under the skin, with a butt ugly pointless sedan coupe thing on top. I still do not understand the point of this car. It's more expensive the the E-Class, based on the E-Class (so its identical underneath), less practical then the E-Class (interior space is way down for a start.. what with that frog like body.. remind me of a 90s Taurus), and its uglier (though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you cannot deny the loss of value, practicality and performance comparing the two). Oh, and if you carry adults in the back of a CLS, make sure they're very short. There's little to no headroom.
Wow can I be your friend you can post up a whole lot of specs! really not impressing anyone with them. Just cause you don't understand the point of it and don't like the look of it doesn't mean they should stop making it, I'm pretty sure Mercedes know more about Mercedes than you.

About the rear seating, I beg to differ

I'm sure you know this man, I'm sure you know it isn't Richard Hammond so I'm pretty sure you'd know he isn't a short man and without a doubt you know what car he is in.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #41
LUXO_8
windsor user

looks like plenty of room in there to me
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:16 PM   #42
Steffo
LPG > You

I've been in the back of a CLS, didn't seem too roomy to me.

How tall is Clarkson anyway?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #43
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

6' 4" apparently, not short.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:47 AM   #44
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

I had the good fortune to take the first new Masserati Quattroporte in Oz for a healthy fanging thru Picton on Mazzer's drive day-its a luxo-barge but fairly quick and handles like a car half its size. Best thing? The drivers seat leans the opposite way when you lean into a corner so you remain upright and in full control of the car. Have to say I was fairly impressed even if we couldnt put her much past 220kph (public roads and heavy police presence)

Shes no TVR but certainly a hi po sedan!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post