Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-02-2023, 07:24 PM   #4831
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
My problem when filing receipts for business, HUGE bit of paper, but I can barely see the date and total among the jumble of useless information.
OMG, I thought I was the only person!

All I need is the price and the date, I don't care about anything else. You know the crap, "Shazza was pleased to serve you", "thank you for your business", "you saved 0.00005 cents", and so on and so.

Instead of all that bull, make the date in bold so it's easy to see, same with the total price. Done!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2023, 10:35 PM   #4832
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Lazy vendors… It’s global.

I just struggled to compose a message asking if a used door mirror was original (to its marque) and if there was any damage. Made sure via Google Translate that I wasn’t impugning the seller’s mother or anything. Photos were dark, I couldn’t see detail very well.

A one-word response. “Usato”. I KNEW THAT!!!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2023, 02:00 PM   #4833
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Working through my current position being made redundant. Company has offered me a position, just at two levels lower than what I'm at. If I stay in our defined benefit super scheme, it means an estimated 18% reduction in my super.

The leader of my group has the belief that no one in his group deserves to be at the level I'm at. Sure, but I bet it's ok for him to take home his overly gross pay packet each week.

For some reason, I have this ear worm now. Wonder why?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2023, 02:32 PM   #4834
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Working through my current position being made redundant. Company has offered me a position, just at two levels lower than what I'm at. If I stay in our defined benefit super scheme, it means an estimated 18% reduction in my super.

The leader of my group has the belief that no one in his group deserves to be at the level I'm at. Sure, but I bet it's ok for him to take home his overly gross pay packet each week.

For some reason, I have this ear worm now. Wonder why?

Nice pack of c**** you work for, hope you told him you will work less for what remuneration they are offering.
My company tried that b.s. years ago in which we told them you only get what you pay for, they soon backed off when they realised what we were saying.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2023, 08:54 PM   #4835
.:4:.
Kicking back

I went over to my brothers place today to give him a hand working on his motorcycle.
So a week or 2 back he got the fork seals done and tyres. He supplied the tyres, hence why i went down to the bike shop as tyres were in my car. Apparently bridgestone batlaxx hypersports are heaps good tyres for sports bikes. I dunno, i dont ride. My brother had pirelli rossi somethings on it before which are also apparently good.
Anyhow, dropped the bike and tyres off. Drove my brother home, he does have a car. But next morning picked him up to get the bike.
So yes, tyres and fork seals were done. Hooray for the stupid labour cost, but hooray. But they said front pads were shot.
My brother is an idiot, but hes not a idiot.
So not only, his words not mine, were the front brakes non existent, the dunces leaked brake fluid on his paint.
So a we did a full flush on his brakes. He was waiting on pads. On a 2011 z1000 abs model, the bleeder on the resivour is an 8mm, the bleeders on the clappers is 10mm. So yeah, bled that and brakes worked.
Today with the new pads. Pulling the 4 piston front clappers. Looking at the pads. The bike shop people are raging pieces of crap. Measuring equipment was used. When both a steel ruler and verniers are used and no maths just its 50% or there abouts. Yeah, a liberal amount of brake cleaner and the new pads went back on the shelf (un opened). So my brother is suitably anal about motorcycle safety, so we did needlessly bleed the brakes again.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-02-2023, 10:26 PM   #4836
stock1991
Limited supply

Brotherly love. Cain v Abel
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2023, 02:27 PM   #4837
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Both these happened last week.

The amount of dunderheads working at tyre shops who don't know Jap trucks have LH threads on their left side wheels.

A simple inspection of brake pads and drums on the Traders rear end turned into super over tightened stud pilot inner rims. (Left hand threads)

Ended up cutting the outer studs off and chiseling out the inners. At least the brakes are fine both sides.

Next day, arrgh, finally, the door handle hairline crack said no more. but at least an easy replace.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2023, 03:55 PM   #4838
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not Tyrepower Benalla?
Old 19-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #4839
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Not Tyrepower Benalla?
You're right Not Tyrepower, Benalla,
Both TP Benalla and Wang know how to work on split ring truck wheels..

2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2023, 07:34 PM   #4840
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I swear the driver and road user standards have gotten worse over the last few weeks! Just far too many sketchy choices being made by those using the road, from cyclists, to cars, trucks, buses, pedestrians.

This morning, I had a guy in a local water board company vehicle look me in the eye as he pulled out in front of me, if I didn't brake he would have been T-boned. He copped a WTF hand gesture.

Yesterday, a lady in a late model Nissan was parked sideways in the middle of the road waiting to turn into an adjacent street, meaning the traffic behind had to swerve or wait to get by. She copped an earful.

Every night on the way home, idiots who weld themselves to the right-hand lane for km after km, usually at 10 kph under the limit. I assume they need to be in that lane to turn from, but don't be a "I'm entitled to be here" d.ck and move over to that land when required! Just so lazy. Nine times out of ten, the offenders are people over 50. A lot is said about the "entitled" younger generation..............well, I would question that being particular to the young.

Another observation of late, people who commit to an intersection WAY into the orange and beyond the red light, often turning across incoming traffic. Again, an entitled attitude of "they will wait for me". Maybe one day someone wont have waited, landing them in ICU?

Also, what is with pedestrians deciding to cross the road knowing full well the car will need to slow down significantly to not hit them. I had a group of people step onto the road and strolled across in front of me this week, neccistating a brake and swerve. Again, WTF?
Mustang GT

6 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2023, 07:55 PM   #4841
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I swear the driver and road user standards have gotten worse over the last few weeks! Just far too many sketchy choices being made by those using the road, from cyclists, to cars, trucks, buses, pedestrians.

This morning, I had a guy in a local water board company vehicle look me in the eye as he pulled out in front of me, if I didn't brake he would have been T-boned. He copped a WTF hand gesture.

Yesterday, a lady in a late model Nissan was parked sideways in the middle of the road waiting to turn into an adjacent street, meaning the traffic behind had to swerve or wait to get by. She copped an earful.

Every night on the way home, idiots who weld themselves to the right-hand lane for km after km, usually at 10 kph under the limit. I assume they need to be in that lane to turn from, but don't be a "I'm entitled to be here" d.ck and move over to that land when required! Just so lazy. Nine times out of ten, the offenders are people over 50. A lot is said about the "entitled" younger generation..............well, I would question that being particular to the young.

Another observation of late, people who commit to an intersection WAY into the orange and beyond the red light, often turning across incoming traffic. Again, an entitled attitude of "they will wait for me". Maybe one day someone wont have waited, landing them in ICU?

Also, what is with pedestrians deciding to cross the road knowing full well the car will need to slow down significantly to not hit them. I had a group of people step onto the road and strolled across in front of me this week, neccistating a brake and swerve. Again, WTF?
We all know there are dills on our roads who will test you every time, just the sign of the times I guess, chill out and take it easy.
I know it's hard but hey, drivers inattention is common these days.

Cheers.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2023, 10:05 PM   #4842
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
What speed zone? In NSW if it's 80kmh or under and two or more lanes you can drive in any lane.
Old 23-02-2023, 10:37 PM   #4843
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
What speed zone? In NSW if it's 80kmh or under and two or more lanes you can drive in any lane.
Pretty sure that us a national road law
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2023, 11:50 PM   #4844
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Yes we all know that, but it is frustrating to have some donkey in the right-hand lane putting along slow speed like a turd just to s** you.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2023, 11:37 AM   #4845
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Yes we all know that, but it is frustrating to have some donkey in the right-hand lane putting along slow speed like a turd just to s** you.
Or they're not from the area and looking for the right hand turn they need to make.
Old 24-02-2023, 11:42 AM   #4846
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Like they do along Victoria rd into $ydney CBD, where there are few right hand turns until reaching Balmain. FFS common bloody sense, keep left.

Last edited by roKWiz; 24-02-2023 at 11:52 AM.
Old 24-02-2023, 11:43 AM   #4847
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Or they're not from the area and looking for the right hand turn they need to make.
Blame the GPS era.
“In twenty-five kilometres, turn right onto Green Road”
- So they immediately get in the right lane, in readiness.
5 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2023, 11:53 AM   #4848
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Blame the GPS era.
“In twenty-five kilometres, turn right onto Green Road”
- So they immediately get in the right lane, in readiness.
That's how modern day steering wheel attendants work.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2023, 12:07 PM   #4849
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Still no excuse driving too slow on long stretches, don't mind them slowing down approaching an intersection.
Old 24-02-2023, 08:12 PM   #4850
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Still no excuse driving too slow on long stretches, don't mind them slowing down approaching an intersection.
The strange thing is, these dorks are more likely to speed up and go through an orange-red light.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2023, 08:06 PM   #4851
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Customers!

Jeepers, they can either make your day or completely ruin it!

I knew it was going to be one of those days when a serial pest walked through the doors. This man is not worth the effort, asks a million questions and then complains, argues or challenges your responses. Overall, he has the attitude that because he is the customer, he thinks it means he can be rude, demanding and demeaning to staff.

I ended up having the displeasure of answering a couple of questions outside and thought I got off lightly. Later, I went into the shop and found him demanding a discount on a $5.00 pot of seedlings from our elderly shop assistant. She then asked for assistance from our boss, who was also told that "I want regular customer discount, I have bought thousands of dollars' worth here......", to which he was told by the boss that "so have many others" and that he would not be getting a discount on a product that has no margin to begin with.

The customer then said that these are cheaper at Bunning's, which he was told that we can't match their prices, but we offer a more knowledgeable level of customer service. The guy then told my boss, a man with 40 years of nursery experience that "it only takes two years to learn all this.........".

Like WTF! Since when is it ok to question a person's skill and their knowledge on a very complex subject? Since when is it ok to walk into a business and demand, not ask politely, demand a discount? Since when is it ok to belittle someone in public, in front of other people?

A little background on this customer, he is a gastroenterologist. I can 1000% guarantee he would not entertain a discount for his services. I can guarantee he would not apologize for making you sit in his waiting room for an hour and charge you $250 for a 3-minute consultation. Nor would he be very appreciative of someone saying that his medical knowledge could be learned in two years.

And of course, as he left after paying FULL PROCE, he got in his expensive Mercedes Benz and drove away.
Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2023, 08:28 PM   #4852
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

quote I heard one time to a difficult customer...." can I deliver this for you sir? Bend over and it will be quick."
Old 25-02-2023, 08:33 PM   #4853
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
quote I heard one time to a difficult customer...." can I deliver this for you sir? Bend over and it will be quick."
I'm growing less and less tolerant of the entitlement that some customers possess.

Ultimately, the customer is who pays my wages, and yes, I am there to assist them. But that doesn't mean the customer has the right to be rude and for me to just smile and accept it. I'm not there to be belittled.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2023, 09:23 PM   #4854
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Customers!

Jeepers, they can either make your day or completely ruin it!

I knew it was going to be one of those days when a serial pest walked through the doors. This man is not worth the effort, asks a million questions and then complains, argues or challenges your responses. Overall, he has the attitude that because he is the customer, he thinks it means he can be rude, demanding and demeaning to staff.

I ended up having the displeasure of answering a couple of questions outside and thought I got off lightly. Later, I went into the shop and found him demanding a discount on a $5.00 pot of seedlings from our elderly shop assistant. She then asked for assistance from our boss, who was also told that "I want regular customer discount, I have bought thousands of dollars' worth here......", to which he was told by the boss that "so have many others" and that he would not be getting a discount on a product that has no margin to begin with.

The customer then said that these are cheaper at Bunning's, which he was told that we can't match their prices, but we offer a more knowledgeable level of customer service. The guy then told my boss, a man with 40 years of nursery experience that "it only takes two years to learn all this.........".

Like WTF! Since when is it ok to question a person's skill and their knowledge on a very complex subject? Since when is it ok to walk into a business and demand, not ask politely, demand a discount? Since when is it ok to belittle someone in public, in front of other people?

A little background on this customer, he is a gastroenterologist. I can 1000% guarantee he would not entertain a discount for his services. I can guarantee he would not apologize for making you sit in his waiting room for an hour and charge you $250 for a 3-minute consultation. Nor would he be very appreciative of someone saying that his medical knowledge could be learned in two years.

And of course, as he left after paying FULL PROCE, he got in his expensive Mercedes Benz and drove away.
Your boss should have belittled him and sent him on his way, that type of person is just a "flog" and deserves to be treated that way.
I feel sorry for you knowing your hands are tied with this particular matter, maybe next time your boss might do something about him.

Actually, the flog was really bullying staff and should be reminded of it.
5 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2023, 09:57 PM   #4855
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Quote:
I'm growing less and less tolerant of the entitlement that some customers possess.
I definitely hear you on that one.
I deal with entitled old farts on the golf course all day. I'm happy to let them play through but they need to give me a chance to get out of the way first. When has driving a golf ball through someone from close range been acceptable? Paying member or not.

I used to ignore it but tend to unload with both barrels nowadays, never swearing but with a military demeanor always ending a statement with 'Do you understand me!?!'

I get complaints but my knowledge is power. Good tradesmen are hard to find, I know that, the boss knows that and now alot of the golfers know that. I've never had them do it twice and I'm slowly educating them one ****wit at a time
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2023, 10:18 PM   #4856
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
I definitely hear you on that one.
I deal with entitled old farts on the golf course all day. I'm happy to let them play through but they need to give me a chance to get out of the way first. When has driving a golf ball through someone from close range been acceptable? Paying member or not.

I used to ignore it but tend to unload with both barrels nowadays, never swearing but with a military demeanor always ending a statement with 'Do you understand me!?!'

I get complaints but my knowledge is power. Good tradesmen are hard to find, I know that, the boss knows that and now alot of the golfers know that. I've never had them do it twice and I'm slowly educating them one ****wit at a time
Complaints? So, these idiots think it's ok to drive a golf ball at someone and then wonder why they are copping an earful? Here's a tip, people generally don't shout and get angry for no reason. To then complain about getting a character reference for inconsiderate behavior is moronic.

Perhaps management needs a sign at the entrance to respect the people who keep the course looking good for the benefit of the members?
Mustang GT

Old 25-02-2023, 10:34 PM   #4857
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Quote:
Perhaps management needs a sign at the entrance to respect the people who keep the course looking good for the benefit of the members?
The signs are about 2m x 2m every 4 holes, they say Groundstaff have right of way, do not hit up until called upon.

The usual excuse is 'I didn't see the sign/ or you' But they can see the green they're aiming for a couple of hundred metres away.
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2023, 11:27 PM   #4858
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
The Basil Fawlty treatment.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2023, 11:34 PM   #4859
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
The Basil Fawlty treatment.
The "customer" is the car in this case...................

Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2023, 11:36 PM   #4860
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Or maybe Mrs. Richards................

Mustang GT