Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #3451
Ljetlc
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone my name is Lisa I have just
got myself a 1999 ford falcon the only thing
that is wrong with it is the is a knocking in
the frontend :(
Ljetlc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #3452
wet69T
Starter Motor

hi guys

my name is ben & ive got a manual ba xr6t. hoping to learn as much as possible about my first ford & possible help out others in need.

REALLY KEEN FOR TRACK DAYS & CRUISES !!

hope to meet you all soon
wet69T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #3453
traveller254
Starter Motor

Hi .can anyone tell me what size lpg tank I can put under the tray of my bf falcon ute . I was thinking beside to fuel tank but may be to small ,or can I fit a A 86 tank in where the spare wheel is .Any info would be great
traveller254 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #3454
DDVB
Starter Motor

Hi all. I am Dan from Christchurch NZ. I have joined this forum basically to access information (a never ending quest) in various posts in regards to building my 67 XR. When doing searches on Google this site always comes up. Must be a wealth of info here!! I have been buiding my XR for over 5 years now and am hankering to get it back on the road... but I am just about there. Along the way I decided to make it close to a GT rep so that slowed things down a bit..... I have had never ending probs ( with parts missing etc) with this build, even though I had a good start by buying a painted body (in Phantom Purple) with a black XR Fairmont interior. Turned out it had been in a crash (driver front) and needed more work. It was 25mm out in the chassis. $2500 later, got me a flat inner guard (original rippled) where the battery was, new front cross member and chassis straightening ( lesson hard learnt there!). Car will run an injected roller cam 5L windsor reverted to carb with mild cam thrown in. C10 auto and std diff for now. Have a t5 and 8 inch ready to transplant in later. Crane Cams ignition with ignition box located in the glove box. Battery now in boot. Large alloy radiator and electric fan. Seats will be recovered shortly. Just trying to make the dash GT looking now. Have the small replica gauges sorted, but need to sort the Speedo and Tach to finish off. Think the hard part will be getting the dash cluster chromed! I will build a stout 351W down the track. I have done as much of this build along the way as i can, and it has been a big learning curve, and have spent way more than i thought i would. Will be worth it though!! Cheers Guys!
DDVB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #3455
Godof69
Starter Motor

Hello all my name is AL
list of cars,
XF ute
1976 F100 lwb v8
AU Futura
EB Falcon

keeps me busy
Godof69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #3456
skdxh
Starter Motor

hi guys..

ive got a 1996 xh ute with 31000k's and looking at converting it to manual!

Anyone done this or know stuff about it?

cheers
skdxh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #3457
craigau
au fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdxh View Post
hi guys..

cheers
welcome, I know enough that that is a big job for a car with so many k's on it. You might find that if you go through with the conversion that then the motor or some thing else could let go, you never know, spose got to add up all the time and money, good luck with it whatever you decide, cheers craig
craigau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #3458
diy06
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Derek here from Brissy saying hello. I have joined up to find info on how to service and repair my bf 06 wagon, and to hopefullly give some back as I gain a bit of hands on experience.
diy06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #3459
skdxh
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigau View Post
welcome, I know enough that that is a big job for a car with so many k's on it. You might find that if you go through with the conversion that then the motor or some thing else could let go, you never know, spose got to add up all the time and money, good luck with it whatever you decide, cheers craig
its only got thirtyone thousand k's on it.. 31,000 k's..!
Old 26-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #3460
craigau
au fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdxh View Post
apologies, I read it as 310000
craigau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #3461
skdxh
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigau View Post
haha all good.. what price range would i be looking at if i were to get a fully reconditioned gear box?
Old 29-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #3462
Jumble
Starter Motor

Just got a BF II wagon, thanks for all the info on forums. I now have to set it up to tow a caravan. Tow bar, brake controller, transmission cooler etc.
Jumble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #3463
simgo63
T1TS#57

hello everyone. just joined up,not sure if am posting from right place. see what happens. Singo63
simgo63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #3464
NeillNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has contributed a number of great technical articles for people with X Series cars. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDVB View Post
Hi all. I am Dan from Christchurch NZ. I have joined this forum basically to access information (a never ending quest) in various posts in regards to building my 67 XR. When doing searches on Google this site always comes up. Must be a wealth of info here!! I have been buiding my XR for over 5 years now and am hankering to get it back on the road... but I am just about there. Along the way I decided to make it close to a GT rep so that slowed things down a bit..... I have had never ending probs ( with parts missing etc) with this build, even though I had a good start by buying a painted body (in Phantom Purple) with a black XR Fairmont interior. Turned out it had been in a crash (driver front) and needed more work. It was 25mm out in the chassis. $2500 later, got me a flat inner guard (original rippled) where the battery was, new front cross member and chassis straightening ( lesson hard learnt there!). Car will run an injected roller cam 5L windsor reverted to carb with mild cam thrown in. C10 auto and std diff for now. Have a t5 and 8 inch ready to transplant in later. Crane Cams ignition with ignition box located in the glove box. Battery now in boot. Large alloy radiator and electric fan. Seats will be recovered shortly. Just trying to make the dash GT looking now. Have the small replica gauges sorted, but need to sort the Speedo and Tach to finish off. Think the hard part will be getting the dash cluster chromed! I will build a stout 351W down the track. I have done as much of this build along the way as i can, and it has been a big learning curve, and have spent way more than i thought i would. Will be worth it though!! Cheers Guys!
Awesome. I'm in Wellington, doing the world's slowest build on an XC sedan. Getting decent parts here in NZ is tricky alright. I get plenty of stuff from eBay, but you know freight is an issue, the largest item I have bought over is a sway bar.

Have you though about putting up a build thread? Would be great to see what you are up to. Start by setting up a Photobucket account:
http://photobucket.com/

Photobucket can be used to upload your photos to, you then post links to Photobucket in your posts. So you are not uploading your photos to AFF, just linking them from Photobucket. There are some tutorials(use the search function to find them) on here about how to do this.
Old 30-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #3465
Philip Hall
Starter Motor

hi everyone, have just joined the forum, a ford man all my life, I currently own a GT 335 2011 model and am hoping there will be another shape, and power upgrade, before ford closure in 2016. that will be a sad day indeed.
Philip Hall is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #3466
gtracer1
Starter Motor

Hi just purchased a 2005 FPV GTP 290 in Auckland, New Zealand.
Black, 6 Speed Manual, sunroof, stock for now. Plenty of good reading on your Forums!
gtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #3467
OMEGAHYPERON
Starter Motor

Hi Guys This is my first time on the site but not my first time with Ford. I have a very nice BA XR6T that I have been slowly fitting with the full option list from Ford.

I have recently got some adjustable pedals for it. Does anyone have any directions on how to fit them or know how difficult they are to fit? Have a great day.
OMEGAHYPERON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #3468
Pete's FPV

Hi there fellas

Nice to be part of a big family of Ford folk. Just purchased my first FPV and figured why not join the FPV club. Although I've always admired the FPV'S and never got one, I had to have one when the supercharged versions came out. It's nice to be on board.
Pete's FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #3469
cgn21
Starter Motor

Hiya everyoneI have just purchased a 1999 Ford Fairlane Ghia Millenium
I do just over 200 klms a day to get to and from work and wanted something comfortable
Driving a truck all day then getting into thr Ford to drive home is great
I arrive home relaxed
Craig
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #3470
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet69T
hi guys

my name is ben & ive got a manual ba xr6t. hoping to learn as much as possible about my first ford & possible help out others in need.

REALLY KEEN FOR TRACK DAYS & CRUISES !!

hope to meet you all soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller254
Hi .can anyone tell me what size lpg tank I can put under the tray of my bf falcon ute . I was thinking beside to fuel tank but may be to small ,or can I fit a A 86 tank in where the spare wheel is .Any info would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDVB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godof69
Hello all my name is AL
list of cars,
XF ute
1976 F100 lwb v8
AU Futura
EB Falcon

keeps me busy
Quote:
Originally Posted by skdxh
hi guys..

cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigau
Quote:
Originally Posted by diy06
Hi all,
Derek here from Brissy saying hello. I have joined up to find info on how to service and repair my bf 06 wagon, and to hopefullly give some back as I gain a bit of hands on experience.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigau
Quote:
haha all good.. what price range would i be looking at if i were to get a fully reconditioned gear box?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumble
Just got a BF II wagon, thanks for all the info on forums. I now have to set it up to tow a caravan. Tow bar, brake controller, transmission cooler etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simgo63
hello everyone. just joined up,not sure if am posting from right place. see what happens. Singo63
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeillNZ
Awesome. I'm in Wellington, doing the world's slowest build on an XC sedan. Getting decent parts here in NZ is tricky alright. I get plenty of stuff from eBay, but you know freight is an issue, the largest item I have bought over is a sway bar.

Have you though about putting up a build thread? Would be great to see what you are up to. Start by setting up a Photobucket account:
http://photobucket.com/

Photobucket can be used to upload your photos to, you then post links to Photobucket in your posts. So you are not uploading your photos to AFF, just linking them from Photobucket. There are some tutorials(use the search function to find them) on here about how to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Hall
hi everyone, have just joined the forum, a ford man all my life, I currently own a GT 335 2011 model and am hoping there will be another shape, and power upgrade, before ford closure in 2016. that will be a sad day indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtracer1
Hi just purchased a 2005 FPV GTP 290 in Auckland, New Zealand.
Black, 6 Speed Manual, sunroof, stock for now. Plenty of good reading on your Forums!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGAHYPERON
Hi Guys This is my first time on the site but not my first time with Ford. I have a very nice BA XR6T that I have been slowly fitting with the full option list from Ford.

I have recently got some adjustable pedals for it. Does anyone have any directions on how to fit them or know how difficult they are to fit? Have a great day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's FPV
Hi there fellas

Nice to be part of a big family of Ford folk. Just purchased my first FPV and figured why not join the FPV club. Although I've always admired the FPV'S and never got one, I had to have one when the supercharged versions came out. It's nice to be on board.

Hey all, just popped in to give a warm WELCOME to you all, this is arguably the BEST Ford info site known to man (and woman).

I hope you all enjoy the place and contribute where and when you can.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #3471
Xplorer
Starter Motor

Hi all. New member, but owned fords for some time.

Currently have a FG G6 Gas (Nov 08) since brand new, with 97k on the clock.

Hoping to help others on things, and get advice on some upgrades I'm looking into.

Also, love reading and looking at the photos of your upgrades and old model restorations. Awesome stuff.
Xplorer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #3472
MrsTyphoon
04 FPV F6

Morning everyone, just dropping by to say hello. My name is Steph and I'm 24 from sydney, I have always been a Holden girl but crossed over to the dark side yesterday... Just purchased an 04 FPV F6 typhoon
MrsTyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #3473
Cobaj
Starter Motor

Howdy folks! Recently joined, and introduced myself in the community section but noticed this is where all the action seems to be.
Cobaj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #3474
MALTZR1986
Starter Motor

Good evening everyone, I hope we are all good. Thought I'd come on here and say hello. I used to work at a Ford dealer as a service tech from 03'-09' so it was good to get into the B series from new. I'd owned a fair few of "the generals" products though up until now. I needed a vehicle for work so I bought "the thinking man's Calais" a BF Mk2 Ghia. She's only a 6 cylinder but I really like that zf transmission. Just going to get the maintenance sorted and tidy her up. Would be good to hear from all of you on here. Cheers
MALTZR1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #3475
lookamoy
Starter Motor

HI all.
lookamoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #3476
simgo63
T1TS#57

Go steph n may the Force of the Ford be with you.
Welcome Mrs Typhoon
simgo63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #3477
F6747
Starter Motor

Hey guys,
Just signed up to this forum after being a holden man all my life, so thought id say hi.
I have just purchased a 2011 FPV F6, so far its been lowered all round and running 22inch rims, has bigger injectors with an exhaust and has been flashed tuned to 311rwkw running 12psi.
All i can say is wow should bought one of these things ages ago, love the pwr and the boosyt these things make
F6747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #3478
brad1126
Starter Motor

Hey all,
Recently purchased a 2010 xr6, can't wait to pick it up hopefully in the next few days, owned my Subaru for a while and loved it but things change and I've come to ford, looking forward to maybe a few car cruisers out western sydney
Brad
brad1126 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #3479
Chrispys-xr8
Starter Motor

G'day I've got BF mk2 xr8 auto I'm getting cams an tune done this week an the guy at the shop says I should put a 2900 stall in an I've spoken to 2 other shops that say don't do it. What does everyone else think ??
Chrispys-xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #3480
westdau
Starter Motor

Gday
I am don from QLd I have converted my xh longreach from auto to manual am having problems with the electricks have also replaced 4l mooter from eb would appreciate any advice
westdau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post