Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #301
luke1984

Might be a bit busy next weekend doing some work, and getting some additions fitted to my car, and with mothers day but ill catch up soon. PS Dont know about you Jase by my arms are still sore from karting
luke1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #302
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR54L
go karting.... :eclipsee_
Only if your paying!!! If I go again in the next month or so Ill have no money to mod the car!!

Paint and BBQ is fine if thats what you wanna do!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #303
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1984
Might be a bit busy next weekend doing some work, and getting some additions fitted to my car, and with mothers day but ill catch up soon. PS Dont know about you Jase by my arms are still sore from karting
Yeah killing me too! I forgot about mothers day! So how about Saturday? I have something else on Sunday... you guys should too...

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 04-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #304
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i also forgot about Mothers Day, my bad. Saturday sounds cool. Are there any nice places along the water at trono for lunch?

EVL.54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #305
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Yeah nice park off Victory Pde in Toronto. Or Warners Bay is nice too.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 04-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #306
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What time mate are we kickin this off on Saturday? Is everyone going to BBQ? or Other? Lookin forward to it.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #307
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

I wanna paint at about 10am (havent talked to Wil yet), but am happy for about 12:30pm for lunch? Bring our own food ya think? Come round if/when ya want. I hope to finish painting all the parts, so that may be about 5:30pm-ish (maybe).

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 04-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #308
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

im up for it Jase, all good for me to come round then. is it just a bbq at your hut?

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 04:52 AM   #309
BRG 40L
Robbo

hey fellow b series members was reading this thread maybe wrong place to be looking but was curious bout the crusies you go on, and do you guys actually have a club or crew? as im looking to join a club, nothing down on the central coast, was in one with my bestie but they were lion lovers, they only let me join cause they liked ba's but yeah lol, my best mate killed the club due to members being all and trouble, but yeah if its the wrong place could u guide me to local crews or car clubs on b series

thanks again

Robbo

P.S noticed you painted some interior parts and engine bay parts, i like very much, just done my calipers and hub and came out nice, just curious to what paint u used and and you need to undercoat and clear coat afterwards and what prep go's into it?

Cheers
BRG 40L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #310
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

We could do a BBQ at my place, or BBQ thing at a park. What does everyone want?

BRG 40L, we arent an official club (there's Newcastle FPV and XR club), but we are guys who get together and go cruising, hang out somewhere, help mod each others cars, and who are generally great guys! Hehehe.
We are of the 20's and 30's ago (Im guessing here guys) and I cant see why you cant come and come on any of these cruises, BBQ's, whatever. Im only new to this group really, but they are a good bunch of weirdo's! Hahahaha.
Regarding painting, feel free to come on Saturday and see...

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #311
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
We could do a BBQ at my place, or BBQ thing at a park. What does everyone want?
Im Happy either way... im easy!
Quote:
but they are a good bunch of weirdo's! Hahahaha.
Aww thanks Jase, we love you too. lol.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #312
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like to catch up with some fellow Ford Owners soon, being new to the area and all the rest!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #313
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Yeah, come here. That way I can use ya... I mean show ya the interior painting. We should prob look at something between now and the Kanga Valley cruise so that the new guys who are popping up have a chance to meet everyone?

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #314
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We should prob look at something between now and the Kanga Valley cruise so that the new guys who are popping up have a chance to meet everyone?
Sounds good Jase, i'd cruise every weekend if i could, On the subject of Kanga Valley... it'd be cool to get some solid plans to make this happen, time will go quick. But Sat will be a good day for that, Plus work out some sooner runs/meet up's. So are we playing Master Chef at your place? :

Old 06-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #315
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We're heading down to Koala Park Doyalson on the 17th for "Walk In The Park" car show.... it'd be cool to get a mini cruise with everyone to come?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #316
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where the hell is Doyalson? Theres a Koala Park (Zoo type thing) up the road from my place but i doubt thats it..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #317
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

Doyalson is on the Central Coast
EAK33Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #318
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have we come to a conclusion with 2morow? im only bringing "car day" food which is sausages, onion and bread! yummo, oh maybe a couple of beers.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #319
bf-xr8

Quote:
We're heading down to Koala Park Doyalson on the 17th for "Walk In The Park" car show.... it'd be cool to get a mini cruise with everyone to come?

Hi guys, hopefully we can catch up with you at koala park as we are heading down for the day and entering car into it, so see ya then :evil3: also what time are you guys getting there.

PROUD OWNER OF A BF XR8
Bionic BF 2006 ,Twin 3 inch exhaust with stainless steel quad tips, Shaker, Chrome expansion tank and ECU cover, GT pod and gauges, after market tail lights, wheels are G-Max 18/8.5/245 on front and 18/9.5/265 on rear. soon to come is a blower, tuner kit and cooler and blue inserts in the trim:evil3:

:eclipsee_ www.photobucket.com/bfxr8 :eclipsee_

: FPV XR Owners Club Of Newcastle :

Last edited by bf-xr8; 08-05-2009 at 12:05 PM.
bf-xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #320
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

For tomorrow, yeah bring car food. Like I said Ill be out in the shed at about 10am. Anytime from then on is fine.

Im not sure I can make Koala park. I NEEEEED a weekend with nothing organised.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 08-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #321
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For tomorrow, yeah bring car food. Like I said Ill be out in the shed at about 10am. Anytime from then on is fine.

Im not sure I can make Koala park. I NEEEEED a weekend with nothing organised.
What if Jase... you come up with a date? then we could work around you? im pretty much good anytime we can chat good about it 2morow? i'd like the 1st overnighter to have everyone there. : see you in the morn mate. : oh are we using your BBQ? otherwise i will bring some utensils.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #322
ML.1989
Starter Motor

hey guys, im only new to the whole car club/forum scene, having only bought myself an XR6 Ute recently ... any heads up on cruises or days out would be great, as im keen to come along and meet people with simlar interests ... im from up port stephens and work saturdays ( only being 19 ) so yeah, any replies about cruises/days out would be great. cheers, matt
Old 08-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #323
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

My BBQ is always there to be used. Thanks for the thoughts but dont structure all the cruises around me and Es. In terms of the overnighter, we are in... assuming nothing comes up!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 08-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #324
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Matt, keep your eyes peeled on this thread and tomorrow or Sunday we should have some news for ya. It would be great to meet ya!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #325
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In terms of the overnighter, we are in... assuming nothing comes up!
Yeah, i got hella mixed up with Koala Park and Kanga Valley! my bad. i really want Kanga Valley to work cause of my B'day.
We could end up with a nice little group in our "botherhood" LOL. :

Old 09-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #326
lukep

you boys meeting up today or what?my car is still at auto tech but might be able to stop in in my mates vz ss turbo.depends where you blokes are at.
lukep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #327
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

not in that bloody thing your not...whats getting done to yours?

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #328
lukep

geten a turbo put on it.its been a long time coming as im in the process of building a house and i just keep runing out of time and cash but should have her back next week theyve had it for almost 3 weeks now im just patiently waiting.brooksy would of seen it at some stage as we work in toronto.i spend alot of time floating around newy.i was at toronto workers last nite instead of edgee tav thats usually we're im at on fri arvos keep an ear out for it if i come ill find you blokes.blackalls park,toronto,fassifern?dont think ill make it come to think of it.got to go to richmond unfortunatly but ill see.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #329
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Turbo hey... hmmm, details please. I want to do that in the future too.

I actually work in Newy, but travel all over the place depending which school Im running a program in.

Undercoating is almost done. Do I sand with 2000grit or harsher before I put on colour?

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 09-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #330
lukep

im not a painter but that is a fine finish would the paint stick.you could almost polish staino with a grit like that i think i go to about 1500 before i pull the mirror mop out.its a rear mounted setup.water cooled,ball bearing,high flow turbo its actually got a smaller exhaust housing to help f off turbo lag so i should(if all goes to plan)have a full 9 psi at about 1900 rpm.its a triton 3v not a 4l.im hoping to have about 320-350 rwkw and somewhere around 1000nm at about 2000rpm very torquey.im worried about the gear box,i wont be able crack 2nd like i would like to in fear of the box being left on the road behind me lol.ill have to slip the clutch a bit taken off but she should be right.ill have her back next week hopefully so the next cruise ill be there.i was stingen to go up the river with you guys and gals if any.i got off the ferry and just down the road i seen yas i didnt even know there was a cruise goen there as alot of people were scared of potholes and imbreeds,weird.looken at some photos of the cars theyve put on here and yeah my car looks like paddock basher compared to them but i will have the power to make up for that.actually the dude that made the kit put the same setup on his ghia running 6psi(320rwkw) and he pulled an 11 sec pass running no intercooler and the xt is a bit lighter.why dont you run the same setup as an xr,to easy.