Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 01-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Cool Happy Birthday Zetec!

A big happy birthday to club co-founder and long time Victorian club promoter Matthew Smeghead (last name changed to protect the innocent), aka Zetec, who turns the big 25 tomorrow.

:MrT_anim:

Matthew, one time winner of Best Focus at the Small Ford Sundays, enjoys dating women at Australian Rally Championship events, anything with a Focus badge on it, and indeed anything to do with rally.

Matthews best known cardio exercise is to get far too excited about the Focus, raising his heartbeat to Formula One levels for as long as anyone is there to listen, and should be good for powering a paddle boat to win the next Sydney to Hobart yacht race, should the wind die down.

:eclipsee_

You're getting old now, Matt, but you can look forward to cheaper car insurance at least. Remember, you're only as old as the girl you're feeling. And that doesn't include your car (or any other Foci within arms reach).

When is the next Victorian meet gonna happen anyway! My shout for beers next time you're up this way, you're a great asset to the club and a good guy to boot.

Happy Birthday chief. :

Timmeh

Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Matt, what can I say? Only been mates a short while. But we have become best mates and I can assure you that your a great mate at that. You have done heaps for me and the club. Keep up your good work. Make sure you post up pictures of all your presents and please keep it PG rated! No sex toys or underwear

Thanks for the great memories

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Thanks guys, I'm honoured! Tim, every post a masterpiece as always! Proud of every single one of those photos, although that one of me with the award isn't my best angle, I have a better one that I think makes me look a lot tougher and cooler...

Quote:
Remember, you're only as old as the girl you're feeling. And that doesn't include your car (or any other Foci within arms reach).
Good, because my car's only 3 and a half years old... urgh

It has been a pleasure being the second most mature member of the club, although it's a while before I start romping around in Honda Odysseys... cough cough

I think we'll have to have a Zetec Birthday cruise before too long, just an excuse for me to whack in the false teeth and eat hamburgers, chips and whatever else I can find that's already partially digested. So much easier on the old stomach.

A quarter of a century hey? Other people born on October 2nd...

Mahatma Ghandi - Wise leader

Groucho Marx - funny bugger

Ferdinand Foch - French field marshal. Supreme commander of Allied forces, 1918; directed final victorious offensive, WW I.

Donna Karan - Creator of DKNY, classy classy clothes

Sting - Handsome, great with the ladies

So people born on October 2nd are Wise leaders, funny buggers, brave and fearless, classy and stylish, handsome and great with the ladies.

This is Smeghead, signing out.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happy Birthday Matt!

Have a great 25th birthday!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

THE SMEG Turns 25 and he doesn't even let the "cat out of the bag" when we were on our recent weekend out at the R.O.M. SHAME ON YOU!!! The least I could have done is buy you a bottle of Red Cordial.

I can vouch for the accuracy of the very top photo. Mate, you never stop eating!! But you are still a growing boy and in real life you still don't look a day over 26.

Have a Happy Birthday Matt,
Regards, Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Mate have a fabulous birthday.

Congratulations on 25, quite a decent milestone.

And I am bl**dy pleased to hear it!!!(It has only just dawned on me that you have been exactly half my age for the last 12 months!!!! )

I'll echo Timmeh's thoughts. When it comes to passion, commitment and enthusiasm, you are Numero Uno. The passion for Focus in this community would not be the same without your un-tiring efforts, voice of reason (especially when I get a little narky!!), and "always positive" outlook.

So here is the deal. Wen we get the next club run up and my car is fixed, I will need to make a birthday cake in your honour (from the new stove) and bring it for all to share.

Matt, have a great day, and thoroughly enjoy the next 12 months

p.s. "it's a while before I start romping around in Honda Odysseys... cough cough" Nasty cough you have there.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Cake?!?!! I'm in!!! I'll hold you to that mate. Once that car's roadworthy again.

Looking forward to this, we'll plan a cruise then to get everyone back together. Let me get the creative Marketing juices flowing and put something together... maybe rustle up some prizes for those attending and make it the cruise of the year to get the club going again!!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #8
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happy bday mate
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

happy birthday matt. i hope you get your celebrations in order.!!!

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #10
OZXR4
formally ozmondeo

Sorry for the late happy birthday, did not get on the computer untill today. once again you old bugger. What can is say I am older than you.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #11
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmondeo
Sorry for the late happy birthday, did not get on the computer untill today. once again you old bugger. What can is say I am older than you.
So Matt, that makes you the third most mature member
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Might even make him the fourth most mature member as I'm older still.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #13
melbzetec

Matt, you're just a cheeky young whippersnapper then!!