Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Arrow URGENT!!need opinions for parcel shelf!

Ok all day i've been building a custom parcel shelf out of wood.im covering it in black suede too.
i'm not sure what i should do with my 6x9" speakers? they have been screwed to the underside of the parcel shelf with the cover on top of the parcel shelf. i dont want to cut into the parcel shelf (cant be bothered and dont want to get it checked for rwc!) i'm also not going to buy 6" speakers for there (at least for the time being!) so dont suggest that!
so far i've come up with these options:

1. leave the speakers screwed up under the parcel shelf with the cover on top.

2. leave the speakers screwed up under the parcel shelf with just the mesh part of the covers on top, i would cut out a 6x9" hole in the wood so that the cover would sit flush with the top.

3. mount the speakers upside down so that the MTX magnet cover only shows through the 6" hole! (not really sure if the sound quality would be all that good and not sure if it'd just look stupid!!)

thats bout it!
please reply quickly as i want to get it down this arvo!!

cheers
braden

Old 21-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
Kyle.L

If it sounds good as it is, leave them there. Cut a hole in your parcel shelf that is big enough for the speaker cover to just fit snugly in. That way it will sit in the shelf real low, I think that would look great.

So I guess that is your option no.2?

Otherwise you can do the easy way:

Go to autobarn or wherever and buy some MDF spacers. Cover them is some left over black suede so they dont look poxy. And screw the 6x9's in from the top.

Whatever you think will look good without affecting the sound (don't do no.3).
Kyle.L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

haha yeh no. 3 was just a joke really! i placed them like that just to see what it'd look like!!lol!!iv already gone with no. 2! looking good too! i actually cut it out perfectly!!
Old 21-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Good move I was gonna suggest no.2 prob look better having flush rears. Car thiefs prob won't notice em either, and it will be an original looking set up, good luck!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I suggest 1 and keep the stock covers over the holes, so less likely people with think you have upgraded stereo, thats how I have my 6x9's.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i put mine in speaker oxes then bolted them down the the parcel shelf
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
Kyle.L

Make sure you post up some packs when its done wanna see how it turns out. I got a pretty nice looking picutre in my head.
Kyle.L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post