Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
AUTickford
XD197

Default license plates????

Looking at some old forum pics of sylox i thinks xr8 ute and he mentioned that his private plates have to be paid evey year. In wa we just buy the private plates outright about 100 to 400 i think and then just pay the license every year about 250 for the car rego for six months.Whats the go with roadworthy certificates. or is that in nz :

AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I am aware, here in QLD for prestiage plates, they set you back about $2000 initially then the standard rego each year. Got my plates for my ten year aniversary present.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

just personalised plates here, 3 letters 3 numbers = 150 per year. use to be free.

and for like a word (6 letters/numbers/whatever), it goes up to 470 per year.

NSW that is.
Old 19-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

J.C is correct that at the moment Qld plates are bought outright and you just pay your standard rego fee every year...

There was talk that they were going to make us pay for our plates yearly, but I am hoping that doesn't happen.. I have a set of prestige plates on layby at the moment.. and I don't like the thought of paying every year to have them...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
just personalised plates here, 3 letters 3 numbers = 150 per year. use to be free.

and for like a word (6 letters/numbers/whatever), it goes up to 470 per year.

NSW that is.
Can also have 2 letters then 2 numbers then 2 letters i.e. AA12BC. I have that style of plate and it only costs me $120 per year.
Old 19-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #6
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i must say nt sounds the best then...$140 outright for anything letters/numbers up to 7, then just normal rego
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Best thing about moving from NSW to VIC - got 6 letter custom plates, once off fee no more to pay except standard rego.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #8
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
J.C is correct that at the moment Qld plates are bought outright and you just pay your standard rego fee every year...

There was talk that they were going to make us pay for our plates yearly, but I am hoping that doesn't happen.. I have a set of prestige plates on layby at the moment.. and I don't like the thought of paying every year to have them...

Sound like a money grabbing process by our great leaders who once again have come up with another way to screw Mr & Mrs Taxpayer.

But that's another different thread altogether.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #9
AUTickford
XD197

My private plates had seven letters and they cost 250 outright a few years back now they cost about 300 up to seven letters or numbers and a coupla hundred more for a few more letters or to have polycarbonate instead of aluminium . Had to take my plates off and leave them at the license centre for them to hang onto and put everday plates on because of my agressive driving style, cant b too easily recogniseable tee hee :eclipsee_
Old 20-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
OldManGhia

I managed to ge personalised plates here in NSW just before they started charging the yearly fee. Just a standard white plate with black lettering. I understand now that if you have these type of personalised plates and aren't paying the yearly fee make sure you pay your rego before its due. If you don't and renew the rego after its due they put the fee on you every year after.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #11
AUTickford
XD197

From memory i had a choice of about ten colours with colour on white or coloured plates with white writing. I chose red writing on white background