Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
El_Poochino

Default Buying an e series

Hey guys.

I'm looking at a new car, and naturally I have been looking at e series. I'm just looking for some food for thought to help me decide what e series to focus on.

I want a few things with the car. Smartlock, power windows in at least the front, 6" speaker holes in the front.

Wondering about drivetrain. Should I go auto, manual or auto then convert to manual.

What e series had Tickford goodies on them? Besides the XRs.

Early or late model. ED or EL sort of question.

Just looking for opinions on my options. Pros, cons and prices. Just to help me to narrow down my search. Budget, I would like to keep under 6k.

Just tell me wonderful stuff about a car and why I should buy it.

Thanks.

El_Poochino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

How much do you want to spend to mod it?

Really depends on body style your inclinded for.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i would get a EF11 Farimont giah and make it manual, all the xr goodies and all the exrtras
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
SamsFord06

Interested in the EB Fairmont that someones wrecking. My partner just picked up a black EB Fairmont for $550. Bargain of the century!!
SamsFord06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
El_Poochino

It would be a gradual modding, as I see fit/can afford it.

How much would an EFII Fairmont Ghia sting me on average? It sounds like a good place to start. What other goodies does it have, and general preformance, reliability opinions ect.
El_Poochino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #6
efgiar
rofl copter

ef2 ghias are great, come with tickford standard, leather, cruise, full elecs, 3.45 lsd non in manual tho but still and some also came with body kits iirc. redbook is about 6000 from memory but expect to pay upto 8 or more for a good one!

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post