Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Question AU 6 Supercharged on Duel Fuel

Hey Guys

Just looking for people out there that have supercharged a 6 on LPG/Duel.

I have 2 intec 4L engines, 1 with a stage 2 cam & 1 with a stage 3 cam. Will have a cappa box, already have a unichip - looking to mix and match the two blocks if need be. Extractors and all the rest are there.

What were the best combos, internals etc? Cam size etc? What should I be doing to get maximum street performance without busting too many things :

Advice people! _2:

Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Ok seing no-one has answered , i'll just add my 2 cents worth from me experience with straight gas systems in the past ..

for 1 , it would have to be a darn large gas convertor to be able to supply enough gas with a supercharger , and with todays engines and setups , would it all fit under the hood ( the convertor , the superchager etc etc ??? ) ...

second , im not sure its even possible to run gas with a supercharger , it probably is , but i've never heard of it before , there could also maybe be problems with the gas freezing as it would be passing through the block/intake at a very high accelerated rate ( like an earosole can ) ???? .

Best i ever got out of gas in the past was straight gas , all stainless internal goodies to stop the gas corrosion , dizzy was altered to allow a larger spark and was advanced or retarded 8 degrees ( i can't remeber now if it was retadged or advanced , was 15 years back ..lol ), the extra larger spark made a huge difference but also blew/burnt points out every 2 months or so. had the old imcpo system ( back when everyone was running gas research ) , left it for dead , had the shaker too and a few other mild mods, it got up and boogied .lol , but thats old schoold anyways , bit different to nowerdays engines with efi and electroncic ignition etc etc .. In the end the gas still got the best of it though and needed rebuilds , carbon rubbish buildup ontop of the pistons and around the valve seats .

ahhh , the good old days , i miss em' ..lol , cheers ..

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Did a show car running straight LPG with a supercharger. 240kws through an Auto.

Predator or something?

http://www.autotek.com.au/gallery/Ti...tickford2.html
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

As far as cams are concerned, I've heard the JMM Dev5 works ok with a supercharger (assuming you're looking to buy another cam).

I can't think of any dual fuel supercharged cars on the forums myself...

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nudge~
Hey Guys

Just looking for people out there that have supercharged a 6 on LPG/Duel.

I have 2 intec 4L engines, 1 with a stage 2 cam & 1 with a stage 3 cam. Will have a cappa box, already have a unichip - looking to mix and match the two blocks if need be. Extractors and all the rest are there.

What were the best combos, internals etc? Cam size etc? What should I be doing to get maximum street performance without busting too many things :

Advice people! _2:
I have seen pure lpg motors blown and turbo additions are common , are you thinking draw though ?
direct injection and boosted is much easier or turbo blow though .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post