Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default HELP! how to remove centre surround

i am trying to figure out how to remove the centre surround from my AUII, i did a search but didnt find much. how do you do it!

edit: never mind, i think the bloody stereo place have riveted the single din cradle to my current surround, so i dont think i can get it out even if i knew how! what a pain!

Last edited by ClassicAU; 06-08-2006 at 04:47 PM.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hi mate , if you check out the document i did a while back on the blue led clock mod , i covered removing the cfp in that document / including photos .. have a look here , it might help you out , cheers ..

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55349

oh and there is also this document in the tech section , which has the extra bit needed to fully remove the centre face panel ( describes in this document how to disconect the heater/controls cable ) . http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...warticle&id=37

:eclipsee_

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 06-08-2006 at 05:26 PM.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks sooo much for that, its exactly what i was after!! thats a great docco! only thing is, that the cradle for my single din head unit has been riveted into the console, so i cant get to the two screws on the 45! i dont know what i am going to do?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #4
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

drill or chisel the rivets

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i would but i have no idea how i would get it back into the new one, and i dont have a riveter thing. i might have to have a better look next weekend when i am not hung over! :baby bott
Old 07-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

really , i see it as impossible to rivet the radio in ! , once the radio/headuonit is clipped in there is no way to access around the outsides of the radio to rivet it in !, i recon it's prolly just stuck in there hard as most are .As i mentioned eariler, tight fitting allen-keys seem to work best imo for removing the radio ;) . gl . cheers .

ok...edit .. i just realised u have the single din headunit , maybe it is possible then to rivet it, but it would only be possible to riveting it before instlalling the single din coil/crap slot holder , remove the single din coil holder slot first then remove rivets ( if there is any ) then remove then radio .

Old 07-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i might have to take a photo of what i mean, but by looking at it, they have rivited the cradle that the headunit slots into. i can get the unit itself out, but then there is a rivet that looks to have been filed down, as the cradle actually pivots up and down. i tries sticking a screw driver into the place where the screws are, but just cant get enough angle on it. I was thinking of just going back to the place that put in my HU and getting them to change it for me.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

ok , i got ya , the cradle that holds the headunit is riveted .. fair enough , try drill the tops of the heads off the rivets / if u can get a drill piece in there without scuffing the cfp. gl .