Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-07-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
bro_b
Starter Motor

Default 1 din or 2? or maybe 1 and a half??

Hya Guys

I'm about to come into possession of a DVD head unit and monitor, which come as seperate units. I called up my local Autobarn to find out how much installation in my Series III AU would cost and i was informed that the AU Series III odes not have room to put in 2 DINs aand that it would only fit 1 DIN with some space left over.

So, my question is, is this true? is the space where my Large CD player was removed not 2 DIN but 1 and a half? Will i be able to fit my DVD and monitor or am i out of luck?

Your help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

bro_b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 02:23 AM   #2
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

that's crap mate- 2 single din or 1 2-din unit will fit for sure- it's been done a hundred time.

What is hard however is getting them looking like they belong thanks to the curves of the centre fascia.

good luck with it, it's certainly a worthwhile project mate (and welcome to the forums)
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 02:40 AM   #3
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bro_b
i was informed that the AU Series III odes not have room to put in 2 DINs aand that it would only fit 1 DIN with some space left over.

So, my question is, is this true?
What jimt3te50 said and welcome to the AFF.
Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 02:57 AM   #4
bro_b
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info, especially the pics. thats set my mind to rest. I'm now really looking forward to these items arriving. Cant wait to set em up.

Now, all i need to do is decide on 2 7" lcds mounted on brackets behind the headreasts, or a larger central drop down roof mounted unit for the backseat passengers......
bro_b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 04:30 AM   #5
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2x 1 din units fit with ease!! i have 1 of those cheap ebay 7" screens in the dash as well as a JVC DVD headunit underneath it! .. fits fine just the outter trim surround of the screen doesnt fit due to the shape of the dash.. but with some trimming it would fit .. just cant be stuffed at the moment..here is a pic of mine

its a hard choice chooseing roof mount or headrest mounts.
if your affraid of theft id go roof mount as you can not see it unless you duck down and look at the roof!
where as head rest mount you can see easy as!

but head rest mount does look more classy and integrated/stock