Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Bluetooth Headunit from Pioneer. Anyone got one?

Has anybody got one of these yet? Basically its a Pioneer headunit with Bluetooth, so from what I gather it eliminates the need for a handsfree kit to be installed if you have a Bluetooth compatible mobile.

I'm interested in getting one, just curious as to how well they work etc?

Further info can be found here:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/c...ent/CD_Tuners/

Old 24-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

Repco have 'em on sale at the moment with some speakers ffor like $700 i think. they look cool.
Old 24-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
EDXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got the high end P9850BT a couple of weeks ago and so far it is great. Sound quality and features are excellent, and the bluetooth link works perfectly anywhere within about 10m of the car.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Kryton

we are getting one installed tomorrow. it isnt the bluetooth or top of the line, it is the first in the series with the blue full graphic screen. it has a plug for ipod as well.
i think it cost $409 but it does sound good and it does look good so thats all that counts.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have a blue screen Pioneer ... but an old one ... hee hee.

I like the idea of blue tooth ... does it Mute the music and use the speakers for sound (instead of the phone????) ... and where's the microphone to talk into ... if it's meant to be a handsfree replacement???

Would be interesting to check this out a bit more
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
EDXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it does mute the radio/cd etc and can either automatically answer or ring with its inbuilt ringtones and you then answer either via the deck or by the phone if you want. It comes with a seperate microphone that you mount anywhere in the car and the yeah it uses the car speakers, I found the sound quality on both ends is excellent. You can also dial directly from the deck either by punchning in the number using the remote or searching through the phonebook which can be downloaded from the phone. Also has other features like caller ID on screen, missed/recieved call lists etc.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR8
Yes it does mute the radio/cd etc and can either automatically answer or ring with its inbuilt ringtones and you then answer either via the deck or by the phone if you want. It comes with a seperate microphone that you mount anywhere in the car and the yeah it uses the car speakers, I found the sound quality on both ends is excellent. You can also dial directly from the deck either by punchning in the number using the remote or searching through the phonebook which can be downloaded from the phone. Also has other features like caller ID on screen, missed/recieved call lists etc.
ok, this headunit is really tickling my fancy...
Old 25-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #8
miitch
orgasmic.

Well I have the same one without the Bluetooth, and it's damn fine. STOP making me feel bad for rushing out and getting it, then have this one come out 2 months later! :P

121.0rwkw
miitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

well my mind is pretty well made up, im going to buy one as soon as funds allow.
Old 25-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #10
miitch
orgasmic.

You won't regret it.

121.0rwkw
miitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #11
simonmikeold
Starter Motor

Will it display sms on screen? that would be a cool feature.
also it needs to play dvds, and satnav. would be good.
simonmikeold is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post