Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2006, 01:08 AM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Well ... they are H1s .... so it will only go in your highbeam section.
were H1's used in the high beams in BA's?

cause my dad put bluevisions in the low's but not the highs. hmmm ill have a look tomorrow
Old 18-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #32
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
Only good for less then 150 hours typically.... alot less if the roads you drive are bumpy.

That's the only problem with halogen globes ... another reason why i did like HID ... but didn't have the proper setup to run HID.

But the Narva Plus50 H1 globe was only $10 (just under $20 if you bought a pair in a pack) .... so i thought that was a bargain compared to $50 for the Phillips BlueVision H1s that were uninspiringly dull and not clear at all.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 01:21 AM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
were H1's used in the high beams in BA's?

cause my dad put bluevisions in the low's but not the highs. hmmm ill have a look tomorrow
I think they are H1s ... could be H7s ... don't quote me on it ... read the BA owners manual ... it will tell you
Old 18-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #34
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I have hid in my projector lights (Same as Mechan1ks) they run very cool for some reason. Well when I had normal halogens in there if I touched the front of the light it was very hot but with the hid its really cool like the light aint even on. I have run them for a long period of time now and can say they have caused no internal light damage yet.

The only issue I have with hid is when on at night in the beam pattern right in the middle there is a dark spot (black line) its very thin but definatly there and noticable and I have no idea what it is, im guessing its the way the hid bulb is made. They are better then the stock halogens but they ain't fantastic like they make out. Ill try and get some day pics
Old 18-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #35
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

HID puts Out MUCH MUCH MUCH less heat then halogen.

The dark spot is the return loop on the HID globe. If you flip it upside down (might not be possible depending on what the exact setup is) the line won't be there.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #36
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wonder how HID go in a fairlane or XR headlight
im guessing they would still have the glare issues like the forte lights?
Old 18-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Yeah ... also HID may cause damage ... but not from heat ... but from excessive UV radiation.

Hance why most globes now have a UV quartz cut glass in them to prevent damage to headlight internals ... Diffman .... let us know how you go with the HID though.

If it gose well over time I may go back to another kit again ... but for now halogen is pretty damn good ... if i can get a good camera ... I'll go and get some night shots if possible ... Might have a chat with 2ndowner as he has a decent camera for night photography.
Old 23-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #38
fordfuntastic
Banned

Ive got them and Im not going to use them. After fitting them they are just to glarry in the rain and give to much glare. They are really just tinted bulbs using glazing processes and the arc is in an atmosphere of xenon gas. On several angles its the reflective backing of your lights that cast the bluish halo from various angles. They also are annoying to other drivers by the twinkling as the car rolls over undulations making them a hazardous distraction to the other drivers eye. I had to try them first hand but am not convinced by the miracle they are supposed to do. The retina is more user friendly to yellow light especially at night when light are most important. During the day XENONS are fad attractions.

Ive removed them and am much more happier and feel more safe in the bad weather days and nights using traditional halogen globes. Theyve been around for yonks and have proven themselves very dependable. Im not convinced by the BLU cast. Sorry thats me!
fordfuntastic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post