Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
Tiga_EL
Banned

Angry Well what can i say

:
Hey guys,
Well ill just say, had an encounter with a fence and the fence won... :(

http://www.brentwood.vic.edu.au/home...1/05022800.jpg

http://www.brentwood.vic.edu.au/home...1/05022801.jpg

http://www.brentwood.vic.edu.au/home...1/05022802.jpg

http://www.brentwood.vic.edu.au/home...1/05022803.jpg

I dunno if the pics will work but...im sure u pple get the idea of what happnd

Also if neone has a spare EL bumber theyd like to get rid of could you please let me know thanks

Tiga_EL
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #2
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

RIPS!! WTF HAVE YOU DONE!! This ain't good man, sorry to see this hope it all works out! Who was driving?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
Sundeep
Banned

Ahh, now it looks like a proper ex-taxi ;)

I think Cameron has a EL bar in better condition than that sitting out the back of his workshop. Ask your old man to ask him.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Wow, Umm no good Tiga EL......
How did it all happen??
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #5
Damo
Banned

ouch!!

I feel your pain.

i had a battle with a gutter recently and the gutter one.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 10:49 PM   #6
Tiga_EL
Banned

Hey
well my cousin was actually driving the car and we turned a corner, (must say that the tyres are completely bald),we werent going fast really so he gave it a bit, and then when he was about to slow down he hit the accelerator instead of the brakes, which made him then panic and the car swurved and hit one of those aluminium fences. Lucky for us that the bar is pretty much screwed but there isnt any panel damage. And because of the front bar almost falling off the lights sorta came outta place too.

The car took out one of the poles of the fence but apart from that there isnt that much damage.

After that we gave our details to the people whos property we had hit, and it was ok, then after we went home, the cops came by, and had a bit of a chat to my cousin? They breath tested him, and asked him how it happend. One of the cops was pretty nice but the other was a bit strict. Although it all happened accidentally, the cop told him that he might recieve a summoning notice?????wtf???? WE agreed to pay the damage and everything too.

Watcha guys reckon about the summons notice??????

BTW the cops also then took the car to the police station and photographed it...
Old 01-03-2005, 12:25 AM   #7
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Hmmm, bit stiff that the people who's fence you hit reporting you, but then again, probably a safe option for them. I wouldnt be suprised if he gets an infringment, its is reckless driving that could have potentially hurt someone. He should just learn from the expirence and not do it again.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh well shit happens, atleast you werent driving at the time, but is your insurance going to cover everything if you were not driving? Or is your cousin up for some major repair bills?

I'd like to know why the cops needed to take pics of your car down at the cop shop for...?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #9
Tiga_EL
Banned

Well the insurance aint gunna cover, third party neways. Just lucky that the damage isnt that bad. probably around 200 for the fence, and my car, only needs a new front bar. Were gunna go halvies on the damage so its all good. Just worried bout him losing his licence, and this summons letter thing.

I am also unaware why the cops took pics of the car, as i wasnt allowed to be with my cousin when they were questioning him, i was told to go away...
Old 01-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #10
perkz
'Save money? pfft'

Was he charged with anything? Years of watching Law and Order has given me the knowledge that the cops can't make you come down to the station unless you're arrested/charged for something.
But then, that'd be US law. I have nfi if Aussie law is different in that regard.

What sort of questions did they ask him?
perkz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 01:19 PM   #11
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They didn't defect the car? Bald tires?
dunno what the charge would be...there's no proof he was being restless is there? (...not that i'm saying he was)

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #12
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Hey Tiga, sorry to go off topic, but were you on chapel st saturday night, coming out of the side street next to frostbites? Never seen so many awesome EF/EL's in one night! Heavenly :
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #13
Sundeep
Banned

Hey Rips I'd be happy that they didn't defect the car after that.

I doubt your cousin would lose his license over this, accidents like these happen every day. They're just trying to scare you guys so you take more care in the future.

Sundeep
Old 01-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #14
Tiga_EL
Banned

Perkz: He wasnt charged with anything, although they did say that it was a bit of carelessness driving. They didnt make us go down to the station when they questioned him, they had a chat with him on the street. Apparently they breath tested him, asked him how it had happened, what speed he was going at, who was with him, who the owner of the car was, was it stolen etc.

Dog breath- I was a bit worried about that, and i believe the whole reason for this incident was because of the tyres. One of the easy going cops checked the wheels with his torch outside the house, but he didnt say anything. Thing is for some reason the tread in the middle of the tyres is gone completely, whereas on the edges it remains, (fricken remoulds).

EFMachine- sorry mate wasnt me...

So if they do send a summons letter, what do you reckon hed cop. Hes clean on his record no nothing. Was just about to get his full liscence in 2 months.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #15
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga EL
Thing is for some reason the tread in the middle of the tyres is gone completely, whereas on the edges it remains, (fricken remoulds).
It's because they've been over inflated for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga EL
So if they do send a summons letter, what do you reckon hed cop. Hes clean on his record no nothing.
Probably careless driving or wreckless driving or whatever it's called, but I really, really doubt you will get a summons. I know a few people who have done stupid stuff and the Police have told them to expect a summons, but they never receive it.

Sundeep
Old 01-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #16
Sundeep
Banned

And I thought you said that lady who's fence you hit was nice about it? Why did she call the Police?

Sundeep
Old 02-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #17
Tiga_EL
Banned

Hey,

Got a quote for the reapirs today, went to a few places... Had a bit of an inspection myself thoroughly today, to find that the clips of the headlights snapped, and the RHS headlight is pushed inside, so that adds to the cost. The front bar is a definate no goer and the RHS quarter panel needs a bit of adjusting. Other minor things include, bolts and screws, which im guessing were missing before i even got the car

the quote i found to be the best was $400, to replace the headlights and slap a new front bar which will be painted accordingly. Got this quote from santed panels. and yes its one of those taxi places..lol

What you guys think of that offer...?

Thanks Tiga_EL
Old 02-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #18
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Is that with brand new parts?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #19
Tiga_EL
Banned

Yeah sorry bout that,

brand new front bar, and some exceleent condition headlights that are not brand new lol. Im happy as long as theyre not off another ex-cab.