Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-07-2022, 08:56 PM   #61
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Motor to cease publication in June after 68 years.

Dave Morely… don’t get me started. The all Aussie, far dinkum, cobber, true blue, larrikin, shrimp on the barbie schtick wore thin years ago.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2022, 08:58 PM   #62
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Motor to cease publication in June after 68 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Dave Morely… don’t get me started. The all Aussie, far dinkum, cobber, true blue, larrikin schtick wore thin years ago.
I agree. His work through the late 90's and early 2000's was good, however his writing style was well worn after that.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2022, 11:07 PM   #63
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I hope they handle their unexpired and cancelled subscription services better than Motor Trend USA has with Car Craft and Hot Rod Magazine. They have been trying to charge me four year subscriptions for both these magazines this month although I had cancelled my Hot Rod Subscription last year and Car Craft ceased publication in March 2020. Luckily Amex have refused all four attempted transactions and alerted me to what appears to be attempted fraudulent transactions. The link Hot Rod Magazine gives on its web page for cancelling subscriptions here: https://hot-rod.magazinesubscriberse...t-rod-magazine takes you here https://www.motortrend.com/contact-us/ and email to that address bounce so you have to wonder if it's all intentional. Even their journalist on occasions have said in their letters to the editor type pages in these magazines on numerous occasions something to the effect: "don't write to us with subscription complaints we are as ****ed off as you about how it is so badly mismanaged". Clearly the publishers don't even read the magazines and notice these blatant criticisms from their own writers and editorial staff.
Old 11-07-2022, 07:33 AM   #64
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Grabbed a copy today. First (and obviously last) time I've ever bought MOTOR. I have some old 1970s editions with Falcon GT reviews I bought at swap meets.

It was a pretty average effort for the final edition. Nothing that took my interest other than the 2005 round Australia reprise. All Porsche, Ferrari, Nissan, etc. Whoop-di-do...
Me too, thought the last edition was pretty average.Waste of money!
Old 11-07-2022, 07:38 AM   #65
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Right well Ill be give this one a miss.

I had every copy of Wheels and Motor from about 1998-2010ish...but since moving a bit realised it was dead weight. So I culled them to only ones for Ford on the cover or featured.

Many laughs re: Journo's...sign of the times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I only noticed this today, I guess that shows how little I anticipate or enjoy magazines these days, but Ford had the "final" say on the back cover -

90% of the final issue was reprints of stories published over the last 6 decades. The final 10% a few retrospectives. I guess the staff had all been fired before this issue was in the making.
That is a genius backhander.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2022, 07:50 AM   #66
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I only noticed this today, I guess that shows how little I anticipate or enjoy magazines these days, but Ford had the "final" say on the back cover -

90% of the final issue was reprints of stories published over the last 6 decades. The final 10% a few retrospectives. I guess the staff had all been fired before this issue was in the making.
Sums it up really.
Wonder how many cars from the red corner were featured?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2022, 07:53 AM   #67
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car rags are so yesterday anyway, nor stuff online these days.I only buy if there is something I am really interested in, otherwise I won’t waste my money.