Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2020, 03:29 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Just spoke to 89 year old Nonna on the phone - she's all 'every time I see Dan Andrews, I want to punch the TV!' and she thinks that the young ones should still be allowed to go out and live their lives
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
It's not a language barrier it's an attitude problem with these communities - I've said it plenty of times before it's systematic failure on behalf of every Victorian state government over the past 80 years with how they mismanage migrants and their integration into our society.
Oh.. so it's the governments fault. Riiightio.

And here I was thinking it was an attitude problem with certain communities.

Better ring my 89 year old Nonna to get her view.
Quote:
Just spoke to 89 year old Nonna on the phone - she's all 'every time I see Dan Andrews, I want to punch the TV!' and she thinks that the young ones should still be allowed to go out and live their lives
Quote:
I can tell you from first hand experience with the Italian community, if advice or guidelines come from people outside of our own community than you can get ****ed - we will do as we please.
And this is a Government issue??? Not an attitude problem??

BTW, where were you born? Where did you live?

Last edited by Tickford.; 16-08-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 16-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Oh.. so it's the governments fault. Riiightio.

And here I was thinking it was an attitude problem with certain communities.

Better ring my 89 year old Nonna to get her view.

Err, you just highlighted EXACTLY my point
Old 16-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
leesa

Are they poor communities? Do they work low paid jobs? Are they being bullied into working while they're sick or they'll be fired? Are they being supported to pay their bills so they can stay at home and/or guaranteed they won't be punished by their employers?

Bit rich to come down on them harshly if we don't know why they're overrepresented in the numbers.

Old 16-08-2020, 01:13 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Are they poor communities? Do they work low paid jobs? Are they being bullied into working while they're sick or they'll be fired? Are they being supported to pay their bills so they can stay at home and/or guaranteed they won't be punished by their employers?

Bit rich to come down on them harshly if we don't know why they're overrepresented in the numbers.
It's obvious exactly why they are and it's not to do with economic circumstances.
Old 16-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post

Hey Lees, cheers for your reply. While a valid point (and one that absolutely would account for a small proportion of the issue here), there are plenty of non migrant citizens staying home to the detriment of their own financial futures in order to do the right thing by the greater community.

I also find it duplicitous to promote the idea that for every migrant who blindly and defiantly flouts Covid restrictions there must be a non migrant bullying them into it. The issue runs far deeper than this, the numbers show it, and it’s not being addressed.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #7
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Hard to find but I found some info on North Korea Covid

This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #8
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I also find it duplicitous to promote the idea that for every migrant who blindly and defiantly flouts Covid restrictions there must be a non migrant bullying them into it. The issue runs far deeper than this, the numbers show it, and it’s not being addressed.
Immigrants are/can be very competitive, I think you'll find that they are bullying each other/family members pushing one another into doing things "or else", I think its a cultural streak of theirs. You also can't get a massive population like the 2nd/3rd world without a competitive streak going back generations.

At first I thought that this was because of their harsh upbringing in past history by their leaders and being ruled by kings but that would be being very apologetic. I think that most middle eastern and asian societies were pressured into having so many children because of the same reasons why our leaders/parents today in western society are pushing us into having so many kids, for money/profit. Parents came up with the idea and so did officials of all levels to pressure people into having more kids for more labor on the farm and therefore more money. But that idea has not and will not die anytime soon.

Speaking on purely academic terms here of course.

I don't care what race you are I wouldn't want white people being conquerors anymore than I would want muslims, jews or asian people. Fact is is that we're all living on a planet that is one specific size and doesn't grow or expand over time and we're going to hit a brick wall at some point and there will be a great deal of death and destruction.

I don't see anything stopping it. Aside from a pandemic maybe. And because I'm so unbiased I think every day of how selfish that thought is and why I'm any better than anyone else who isn't going to survive and why I should be the one to survive. Then I realise that I wasn't given a choice to live in a world like this the choice was forced upon me by me being born into it and I choose to live because I don't want to die.

Its an odd screwed up illogical state of global affairs and it ****es me off on a daily basis.

Last edited by gooseneck; 16-08-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Closed Thread