Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: The bakery thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Havent had a chocy donut since I was in primary school, but will grab hot donuts for a treat.
Had one today, I like the way the women staff will always ask what icing do you want, suggesting chocolate, my response is always the same, 'you choose.'
Like its not manly to eat a pink icing ones.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Had one today, I like the way the women staff will always ask what icing do you want, suggesting chocolate, my response is always the same, 'you choose.'
Like its not manly to eat a pink icing ones.
Go on, live on the edge!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 09:55 PM   #3
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

So, I was at a Balfours outlet in a well known Adelaide shopping center last year and about to place an order for my favorite product of theirs, the custard tart. All of a sudden, my daughter was frantically clawing at my shoulder and telling me to walk away. My reaction was to ask why she was stopping me from partaking in the custardy nutmegy delicacy when she pointed out that a rather large cockroach was having its dinner in the donut section of the display cabinet.

I was truly shocked and my immediate thought was to warn the people behind the counter of this occurrence. They initially took the situation seriously but I sensed it wasn't the first time that this had happened. They went looking for the six legged bakery thief and we walked away.

Half an hour after, we walked past the same place and the donuts were still on display with no effort made to remove the contaminated items.

I never ate Balfours donuts again after that, just couldn't get the image of the insect going to town on them out of my head.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #4
westoftown

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
I never ate Balfours donuts again after that, just couldn't get the image of the insect going to town on them out of my head.
I used to work at the Balfours factory for a time in the late noughties. There are many stories about the practices there and the characters I could recount but on the subject of donuts:

The donut crew would always leave a tray of the days' haul in the staff room to which I'd smash often.

One day I was doing just that when I remarked something to the effect of "love the taste of fresh donuts" and the rest of them sitting on the table erupted into laughter when one of them said to me "that donut you're eating was made in Sydney 6 months ago, frozen and trucked over".

A valuable lesson to learn as a 17 year old

Quote:
charcoal: one shade tuffer than gunmetal grey
westoftown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: