Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
13 years on a car forum makes you an expert on all topics and a judge and berate those who disagree with your..."expertise" .
My advice to add to your 13 years of wisdom is google "ad hominem"
Zilo, it might surprise you, but I don't consider myself to be an expert at anything. I might have significant experience in certain things, but there will always be people around that know more about a subject than I do.

The reference to 13 years was made simply to put some context to my statement of your post being the most out of touch comment I have seen, not in the last week, or year etc.

I didn't berate you either. I simply stated that I believe your views, if they really are your views and not just made to bait people, are out of touch with where society is at, as a whole. I'm not saying that there aren't others who hold your point of view, but I think those views are out dated and are not what the vast majority of our society think anymore. You're still entitled to hold that view, however.

And just as you would like to be able to voice your opinion here, so would I. As long as we do it respectfully, without denigrating to a slinging match, then I have no problems with us sharing our point of views, even if they differ markedly.

Anyway, on with the covid-19 discussion, eh?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 02-08-2020, 02:18 AM   #2
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Zilo, it might surprise you, but I don't consider myself to be an expert at anything. I might have significant experience in certain things, but there will always be people around that know more about a subject than I do.
Totally agree, 100%

Quote:
The reference to 13 years was made simply to put some context to my statement of your post being the most out of touch comment I have seen, not in the last week, or year etc.
I guess I am just not interested in your last 13 years,especially since it has nothing to do with the thread....I could reply that in the last 13 years I have seen many posts by people who cannot converse on forums without being inadvertently literally offensive by poor wording.

Quote:
I didn't berate you either.
yeah...you did.

Quote:
I simply stated that I believe your views, if they really are your views and not just made to bait people, are out of touch with where society is at, as a whole.
Sometimes you meet people at dinner parties who after 30 seconds you make an excuse to walk away and talk to someone else, that would be you...sorry.

Quote:
I'm not saying that there aren't others who hold your point of view, but I think those views are out dated and are not what the vast majority of our society think anymore.
Might surprise you...I voted "No" to homosexual marriage too...
So did most people in my street....

(I am so outdated, thanks for reminding me.)

Quote:
You're still entitled to hold that view, however.
Thank you so much for your permission......

Quote:
And just as you would like to be able to voice your opinion here, so would I. As long as we do it respectfully, without denigrating to a slinging match, then I have no problems with us sharing our point of views, even if they differ markedly.

Sure, but you chose to and continue to discuss me instead of the thread topic.
Your advice ignored and not wanted, thanks very much.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This Covid thing is the perfectly engineered western world f##ker

You look at how NZ/OZZ have handled this we are the best equipped (surrounded by water) to be able to eliminate it , weve been watching what each other does and adopting ideas , weve both made mistakes in different areas and we fail to learn from each others mistakes ?...we both seam to be determined to save $ in vital areas that you cant afford to get wrong

The media want to stir it up and try to find someone to blame for whatever goes wrong , the *** covering system we work under has us believing this is right
The way the system is with all this PC sh#t no-one can be locked up if their infected or detained because theyve done nothing wrong and a lot of people think they,re entitled to do what they like .....a lot of people dont have any responsibility for their actions

I cant see how we're ever going to control this? ...over our side we're letting thousands back into the country most behave but some are hell bent on escaping ... its only a matter of time before theres an out break , it sounds unstoppable in VIC? ....if its that hard to stop here its only going to be worse in USA, Europe etc

Whats the answer ...sit back and wait for the vaccine ?....will it be priced so some big company can make a killing and or will it be controlled so only certain countries get supplies ?

Sorry for the doom and gloom

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #4
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
This Covid thing is the perfectly engineered western world f##ker

If this virus was engineered it was engineered by China/Russia and released by North Korea.

Think about it who gets the most to gain out of this if it isn't North Korea and China and Russia and who hates the USA the most, NK. So NK captures it from Chinese labs or manufactures it in NK and releases it in Wuhan, China.

China gets the blame because they're covering it up for their own benefit a year in advance AND to cover up NK's crazyness because they don't want the USA invading NK because its near their border.

As for my observations today, I just went shopping and saw at least 6 people wearing masks in a shopping center with about 50 people in it. You couldn't have said that yesterday so the news about the VIC stage 4 lockdown has turned some heads around to wearing masks when out and about. Good. So people up here in NSW are getting panicky and/or being cautious.

As for me wearing a mask, I did it as a precaution and mine smelt like Lime Tart but thats another story for another day.

I also don't see this virus going away anytime soon, its looking like a sinewave and sinewaves go up and down again. Its probably going to be with us for years to come. At least 3 years minimum if we work super hard to get it under control.

Take care everyone.

La la la la laa ala laa *walks off*

Last edited by gooseneck; 03-08-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Think about it who gets the most to gain out of this if it isn't North Korea and China and Russia and who hates the USA the most, NK. So NK captures it from Chinese labs or manufactures it in NK and releases it in Wuhan, China.
haha. I don't think anyone anticipated "the west" to have responded the way they did. If everyone had initially responded like a Taiwan, Japan, South Korea or NZ (appreciate they are a smaller island) then we wouldn't be so stuffed, and we would probably be operating close to normal by now.

Funny, the Russians are spreading a theory that the CIA released it as a biological weapon on China to cripple their economy. They didn't expect the gov to weld people into their own homes to control it. This is the kind of "disinformation" that Payne, Reynolds and Pompeo were meeting to discuss.

On another note, anyone watch Fauci's testimony to the House. He was asked if he thought China was a threat to US vaccine research. "All of the vaccine development was already transparent, Fauci said, so “if they want to hack into a computer and find out what the results of a vaccine trial are,” hackers would find results that would show up in the New England Journal of Medicine anyway."

Yes yes, there is a theory that Fauci is in on this conspiracy as well.
Closed Thread