Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Start-Run Cap Question

This cap, the two white fly leads are just joined internally, right?

It implies by the print, it’s a single cap, not dual.

Having trouble sourcing the exact same x2 without going overseas. Thinking this should do the trick, am I correct?

https://www.motiondynamics.com.au/6u...tor-cbb61.html
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #2
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: Start-Run Cap Question

"Unlikely" would be my answer, but I'd be testing it out with my meter. I personally think - it's a dual, and the value is the same on both so they have not bothered to print anything else.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2020, 07:29 PM   #3
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Buy two of those linked & wire them up as a dual. If it doesn't work, wire one up and stand back when testing!

???
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2020, 07:35 PM   #4
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a run cap for something like a small PSC motor and I'd say it's a single cap*. What's it for? Would be nice to see a circuit diagram.
Make sure there's no charge in it and ohm test with a meter (analogue would be best).

I was used to dealing with lots of them in hvac and refrig, but of course they usually had external spade terminals so I knew how they were connected . *Because you need one wire not going through a cap for a PSC motor to function.

E: Looks like they sell that brand at jaycar but they may only have the spade version I found just then
https://www.jaycar.com.au/6uf-400vac...citor/p/RU6600

Last edited by oldel; 27-04-2020 at 07:41 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Red face Re: Start-Run Cap Question

I'd have thought that were it a dual cap it might state the value twice or say "6+6".

Anyway...

Who else hates stale projects? This has been a niggly job for months. But guess what, I foolishly referred to my database photo rather than the actual item photo. The manufacturer had sent me that image (helpfully?) when I enquired with the model details and symptoms.

I'll now post the actual image ...

So that should be an easy fix by comparison!

Can Vaso please change the thread title to “Idiot opens mouth without checking first”?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2020, 06:53 AM   #6
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing an extra wire and a few microfarads can't fix!
raceteam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post