Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Default Idiot work colleague - enough to make you want to cry

Well what a ИИИИ day did I have. Had a crap day doing onsite work. I get back to work about 4:15 pm, thinking that my ИИИИ day had turned out ok cause I might actually get to go home on time today (4:30 pm is when I *supposed* to finish, rarely do).

Then it starts ИИИИing down rain. Anyway, where I work, they have a fleet of cars which are in various states of (dis)repair... they'll never get fixed. Incidentally, my car is parked out front of work, on the street. Parked it that morning no probs. Anyway the bright sparks in the auto electrics place are in the process of parking these pieces of junk in the shed across the street (as they do every bloody afternoon). One of the young guys gets into a Holden Combo which is sitting about 3 car lengths ahead of my BIG GREEN FALCON. I'm standing there with a few other work colleagues shooting the breeze waiting for the rain to ease off when we see this IDIOT start reversing RIGHT INTO MY BLOODY CAR. I knew it was going to happen and everyone was yelling out "STOP!!!!" but he kept on going and CRUNCH.

End result is now my front bar, which I only bought, had sprayed and fitted early this year has a nice dent where the number plate is, a pile of scratches on the front and also some of the awesome paint is now all crinkled - no doubt the paint will just peel off from this point on. One of the parker bulbs also blew but one of the bosses said it was like that before (funny since they were working last night!). They fixed that right away at least.

I was mega ИИИИed off and walking around using ИИИИИИ every second word. I even swore in front of the boss I was that ИИИИed off.

They wanted to fix it themselves but judging by the sheer number of unFIXED cars lying around and the fact that they broke my rear demister last time they worked on my electrics, they ain't touching it again. I'm going to our panel shop to get a quote tomorrow morning first thing and then presenting this guy with it.

Oh and the guy's excuse: "My foot slipped". He didn't even come over right away, he walked off then came over and told someone else, NOT ME. Bloody hell!!!!!! I might call him 'Tyrone' from now on (if you've seen the movie Snatch, you'll know what I mean).

Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
crusher
Dirty ute club member

"Bloody hell Tyrone!"

That sucks *** man. And i thought my day was bad cos I had a big *** test at tafe!

I thought some bloke was gonna hit my car today when he parked next to me. Probably just looked closer cos I was in the car but I was sitting there wincing waiting for a scratching sound.

Make the dips.hit pay man. He should have been a real man and come straight up to you. I mean Itd be tough to do but it would have been the right thing.

Hope it all gets fixed soon mate.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Cheers mate. I'm going to demand a replacement bar - mine was brand new, the guy who did the painting did a fantastic job on the colour so I figure it should be returned to the way it was.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Got a quote this morning - $409.20 to REPAIR the bumper! I don't think I'll be able to get a replacement out of the guy, though that's what I'd prefer.

What ИИИИes me off is that I don't trust other drivers and always give them what some may consider way too much room when parking - when I reverse parked it yesterday morning I left at least 2.5-3 meters between my car and the car in front and behind.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
stiddy
Banned

Get your painter to over quote him and pocket some cash out of it :P
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Your car must've been on a funny angle.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
Gunns
Banned

"The spot was to tight!" "You could park a bloodly bus in there"
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you get a hassle-free repair done.

One of my friends was at an onsite job, even had a flashing orange light on his roof. Someone driving a forklift (and its forks) went right into his driver's side door. Luckily he wasn't in the car at the time.

I like your signature. I wonder which of ours is correct.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #9
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hey mate i feel for ya man.
I bought my low klm EF XR8 2 days before christmas as i wanted something that was going to hold its value.
the next day i was driving down the main street the town i live in doing about 10km/hr as i had just left the servo when this ИИИИy in his hilux ute with a spray tank on the back just backs straight out into me. By the time he hit me i had stopped and was going for the horn and reverse gear but it was too late.
The wan.ker jumps out of his ute and accuses me of speeding as i wasn't there when he looked, which made me laugh considering he had a lemon tree on his passenger seat and couldn't see a bleeding thing from in the drivers seat(90 degree parking).
As you can imagine i flew the guy and he started shouting that he will fix it if i give him the chance.
I eventually agreed to let him and even at his choice of repairer as i just wanted it fixed. 9 weeks later i was still fighting his insurance company over a new bar for it as they wanted to fix the old one but i said no way.
As far as im concerned i bought a neat car and why should i have a repaired bar.
I eventually gave up and claimed on my own comprehensive insurance and my insurer said they would put a reconditioned bar on it so i thought thats better than nothin.
Fortunately enough they couldn't find one and had to get a new genuine bar (still sealed in the box when i went to look at the progress so i no it was new).
My advice is to get all the drivers details and go through your own insurance. explaine to them that you have just put a new bar on it and demand they replace it as they will get their money back from him anyway.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #10
Ringo
I see you....

Couldn't agree more - claim through your own insurance and let the insurance company sort it out
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post