Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Questions on Car Window Tinting

You rarely get exactly what they claim.
The fundamental problem with most tint mobs, including Tintacar, is that they buy their film from Factory X, then apply their own "branding" and guarantees.

The problem then becomes that Wally's Windows will claim their "uber-plus" tint is the same film as Tintacar's "Octane", but you can't really tell.

The ultimate giveaway was the Dealer Bling-Bitch selling their "own" brand of window tinting, who actually admitted that they actually use Tintacar, including the same film. (After trying to sell it to me for $750, ultimately agreed on $450, the price quoted by Tintacar.)

The only way around this, is to research your film first, and insist on the branded film you want. I do this with work vehicles, we specify a particular 3M film, because we're only trying to lower UV, but want to keep visible light high.
Problem is that the film used by tintacar is undoubtedly decent quality, without the 3M price.

If you haggle, you can usually get Tintacar to drop their price, especially during winter.
I think that's the best bet. Never had any problems with them. Other places, who knows.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2018, 12:30 AM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Questions on Car Window Tinting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
If you haggle, you can usually get Tintacar to drop their price, especially during winter.

I found that with "legal" tint they have pretty good specials in winter but if you want darker than legal they won't haggle, won't receipt it and won't warrant it either (at least that was with my local Tintacar up to a couple of years ago when my current car was done).

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: