Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #1
AussieCJ7

Default Re: FGX turbo police cars no longer have Brembos brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Hey joe8s

You are not being a smart *** - is a real issue and ought be debated...

Likewise- would it be debatable if police called off a chase of a killer, or a terror suspect, who subsequently went and blew away innocents- what would their family think of the police calling it off, with the flipside argument that had the police pursued and apprehended- then the crim would have been stopped and lives saved.

But- myself- I personally am not in favour of police engaging in high speed car chases unless there is some exceptional circumstance involved, ie if police were on the tail of some terrorist who had blown up a bomb or on the tail of a serial killer like Milat- I would hope that they would not call off the chase- and would hope they were in a performance car with decent brakes..

But for 95% of the cases generally I agree with you- technology and passive aggressive model is better employed......

Actually i think a well publicized limit they wont chase over just encourages more idiots who think they will get away espec if stolen plates etc

Encouraging our cops to use there training and judgement of conditions collateral damage risk etc is much better option.

Also consider the amount of distance to catch up if a police car is traveling at signpost 100kph in one direction an some one doing 130 goes the other way, they actually need pretty sharp acceleration to close that distance we are not a small country our cops do need high speed capability.

The tree hugging do gooders that never leave the city struggle to comprehend but there is a place for highway patrol in fast cars just the same as 4x4's with bull bars and other accessories both of which have a positive impact on safety far more than any camera ever will.

When you been helping at an accident or worse still been in it and the emergency services are over 45mins away at an avg speed of 150+ then I am damn happy we put them in the a quick car with the best brakes that can affordably be spec'd on them
AussieCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: