Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
nicrobell

Default Re: New MD ecoboost

I have a Titanium and it has both adaptive cruise control and speed limiter. I use the speed limiter when driving in city or suburbs and it lets you concentrate on the traffic and not on watching the speedo all the time. You can still override it by flooring the throttle if needed. When on the highway I switch to cruise control. There is an option that allows the selection of normal cruise control or adaptive control. I prefer the adaptive option which also lets you adjust the distance to the vehicle in front. The car will automatically apply braking to maintain the set speed or to keep the distance constant from the car in front. All this technology is standard equipment that is often only available as options on more expensive cars.
nicrobell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
nicrobell

You will notice I have the optional wheels that I think look better than the standard ones. When the dealer changed the wheels I kept the originals as well.MD 360.jpg
4 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2016, 02:11 AM   #3
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicrobell View Post
All this technology is standard equipment that is often only available as options on more expensive cars.
There's one thing it does lack, though: air conditioned seats. I wonder why Ford didn't include cooled seats in this sort of climate that we get here, whereas the totally unnecessary (in my view) heated seats are standard. It's not quite a deal breaker, though - I can't go past the good looks.

Quote:
You will notice I have the optional wheels that I think look better than the standard ones. When the dealer changed the wheels I kept the originals as well.Attachment 90337
I agree. I've also gone for optional rims - but I ordered the 10 double spoke rims rather than the 5 spoke ones. I'm not fond of the original 20 spoke rims.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)

Last edited by NX74205; 02-01-2016 at 02:17 AM.
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
Focused

Quote:
You will notice I have the optional wheels that I think look better than the standard ones. When the dealer changed the wheels I kept the originals as well.Attachment 90337
Agreed - the standard Titanium ones look a bit meh. May I ask what size yours are, and how much?
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #5
nicrobell

The wheels are 8" x 18" and cost around $1,300 for the set of 4.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Quote:
The wheels are 8" x 18" and cost around $1,300 for the set of 4.
That sounds like a relatively good price.
And that price would buy me only 1.5 replacement 8x18 alloy for my MB XR5 ($880 each last time I priced them, thanks to gutter rash)

The new MD certainly looks smart in the metal.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post