Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
BADan

Red face EF Brake Light Change

A very simple question from a car tragic _

Want to change the brake light in my EF, but not completely sure how to do it. Car didn't come with a book unfortunately. I have tried to pull out the rubber sort of cover from inside the boot, but didn't want to force it too much. Do I just need to pry this out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BADan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Go Fords!!
CRU63R

I am 90% sure you don't need to touch any of the mouldings behind the light...When you open the boot there will be two screws on the black plastic of the taillight...undo them and you should be able to take the light out..then it should just be a matter of untwisting the globe from the lens and changing the bulb

1963 1/2 Galaxie 500XL 2dr Fastback
390FE
Auto
Bucket Seats

Last edited by Go Fords!!; 19-02-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Go Fords!! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
BADan

Took a photo of what i mean.

Old 19-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
BADan

Had to take the whole light cover off. Bit of a pain, but finally got it.
Old 19-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
Tiga_EL
Banned

As 'go fords' said all you have to do is open the boot, unscrew the two screws and u will notice it start to get a bit loose except the other side near the quarter panel wont come out.. Thats the hardest part, you have to get the two steel pins/small rod thingos out of the socket thing.. They are on the inner side of the rear quarter panel as can be seen in your pic, where the corner of the light is.. You dont need to rip anything else from the inside of the boot out.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post