Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LW Focus Ambiente Cruise Control

Hi,
Mum bought a LW Focus Ambiente a little while back which of course does not have cruise control. Does anyone know if it's possible that if I bought all the parts from a wrecker or a dealer if I could have it fitted using the proper Focus parts which is my preference or is aftermarket the only way to go?
Thanks!
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
CountP

There are new cruise control buttons on Ebay for $35.
My understanding is the cruise control can be activated with the Focccus program.
CountP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
timstar
Starter Motor

Default Re: LW Focus Ambiente Cruise Control

Has anyone tried this approach yet? I'm looking at getting an after market cruise control kit but if the Focccus and factory switches add the feature then that is much better.
Cheers,
Tim
timstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
timstar
Starter Motor

Well I have installed the steering wheel out of a Focus with cruise control switches and everything has plugged in fine.. so wiring at least seems the same.
I'm now just waiting on my OBD2 connector to turn up so I can try enabling cruise with Focccus.
Old 15-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #5
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the cruise software installed on the ECU just not activated?
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
timstar
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
Is the cruise software installed on the ECU just not activated?
Thats what I've been reading around on the web.. but then the "Ambiente" is only available in Aus and I'm yet to find anyone in Aus that has tried it.
I read a post by a guy in Europe with a 1.6 Focus and it worked for him...
I will definitely report back my findings after I get my ELM327
Old 06-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #7
timstar
Starter Motor

Well, I'm happy to report that after tracking down a steering wheel off LW Focus with cruise control and installing it, I then enabled Cruise Control and adjustable speed limiter using Focccus software and a modified ELM, (had to be capable of 500k baud though) and cruise is working perfect in the Focus Ambiente!

Cost me $125 for the leather steering wheel and about $46 for the ELM and now my Ambiente has cruise!
2 users like this post: