Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
stig_3754

Thumbs up New Mustang spotted!

I had just left work to come home, driving along Burnley St Richmond. I was talking on the phone to my wife (via Bluetooth of course), and I see the new Mustang convertible in white (couldn't tell if it was the T4 or V8, didn't get time to check as it was driving the other way).

I'm assuming it's the factory overseas spec version and not a converted private import, as it didn't have the DRLs and it had the clear tail lights. How exciting, they're finally arriving after all the hype!
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #2
GAFA

Default Re: New Mustang spotted!

There has been a pre-production white V8 convertible driving around Melbourne for the past few months. My guess is this is the car you saw.
GAFA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2015, 11:36 PM   #3
monk3y

I saw a yellow hard top with black stripes, in bound on the Monash Fwy on Sunday arvo.
XE Fairmont Ghia - 4.1L EFI
AUIII XR6 - 5 speed in Blueprint
SY Territory TS RWD
BA MKII XR8 ENFORCER
EL Fairmont
monk3y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2015, 03:10 AM   #4
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Though it's not far off being there already, in a few years there'll be a thread titled "Falcon Spotted"
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #5
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
Though it's not far off being there already, in a few years there'll be a thread titled "Falcon Spotted"
It already is with the fg-x.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #6
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
I saw a yellow hard top with black stripes, in bound on the Monash Fwy on Sunday arvo.
That one is a Mustang Motorsport conversion of a US spec GT.
Originally left hand drive.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #7
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Old 05-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #8
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
It already is with the fg-x.
I saw 4-5 FGX Falcons this morning within the space of about 5 minutes. I was at a Ford dealership though so that probably doesn't count.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Someone said of me lately I should get out more and they are probably right but I’m still yet to see an FG X XR8 driving around.

Locally near the shops I’ve seen on the odd occasion the same XR6 Ute and an XR6 driving outside the Ford dealership at West Gosford but they’re the only FG X’s I’ve seen.

Which I find amazing as I would have thought someone in the streets around where I live would have bought one by now as it’s not like it’s an anti-Ford area as there are a few older models parked in drives around here.

Maybe the owners have them locked away in garages thinking one day they’ll be worth a Motza.

I bet the owners of the new Mustangs won’t be doing the same, they’ll be out and about as soon as they can get their backsides in behind the wheel.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #10
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

There was a red/silver one with Shelby upgrades at the Motorclassica show a couple of weeks ago, also a Mustang Motorsport car.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #11
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Someone said of me lately I should get out more and they are probably right but I’m still yet to see an FG X XR8 driving around.

Locally near the shops I’ve seen on the odd occasion the same XR6 Ute and an XR6 driving outside the Ford dealership at West Gosford but they’re the only FG X’s I’ve seen.

Which I find amazing as I would have thought someone in the streets around where I live would have bought one by now as it’s not like it’s an anti-Ford area as there are a few older models parked in drives around here.

Maybe the owners have them locked away in garages thinking one day they’ll be worth a Motza.

I bet the owners of the new Mustangs won’t be doing the same, they’ll be out and about as soon as they can get their backsides in behind the wheel.

For what's it s worth, its nearly 12 months since I bought my FGX XR8 (I took delivery on 24 December 2014) and in that time I have only seen 2 other FGX XR8's on the road in Brisbane and the SE Queensland region. One was coloured white and the other black. So you are right, they are not a very common car to see on the road. Mine is not a daily drive because I have a 9 year old BF falcon ute for that purpose and I really only get to use my XR8 on weekends which is a pity because it's such a nice car to drive. I definitely don't intentionally lock it away but then again I damn careful where it gets parked for obvious reasons.

All up including sedans and utes I have probably seen no more than a dozen separate cars (I don't repeatly count the ute and XR6 Turbo that are located in my and surrounding suburbs) on the road. Interesting enough I have seen 5 GTF's in my area and they are a rare car. Hopefully you are right about the Mustang because it will be great to see them on the road as well.

Regards, Brent
This user likes this post:
Old 05-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #12
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX008 View Post
For what's it s worth, its nearly 12 months since I bought my FGX XR8 (I took delivery on 24 December 2014) and in that time I have only seen 2 other FGX XR8's on the road in Brisbane and the SE Queensland region. One was coloured white and the other black. So you are right, they are not a very common car to see on the road. Mine is not a daily drive because I have a 9 year old BF falcon ute for that purpose and I really only get to use my XR8 on weekends which is a pity because it's such a nice car to drive. I definitely don't intentionally lock it away but then again I damn careful where it gets parked for obvious reasons.

All up including sedans and utes I have probably seen no more than a dozen separate cars (I don't repeatly count the ute and XR6 Turbo that are located in my and surrounding suburbs) on the road. Interesting enough I have seen 5 GTF's in my area and they are a rare car. Hopefully you are right about the Mustang because it will be great to see them on the road as well.

Regards, Brent
I honestly have no idea why I don’t see the new XR8’s around.

I could say it’s because they don’t sell any but I don’t really believe that so my guess is the owners are shedding them as you say to keep them in good nix and there is nothing wrong with that as I do the same with cars as well.

Let the daily suffer the abuse of other inconsiderate drivers and leave the cars I love to drive for more special occasions.

The last Falcon would be a prize worth storing for many, where the Mustang would be a novelty for the new owners and as such you’d be out and about showing it off.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #13
suttoo

Ford head office is on Burnley Street too
1997 EL GT, #102, Manual, 27000kms.
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
suttoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #14
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX008 View Post

Regards, Brent
Mate, I'm out and about nearly every weekend, have 8700km on mine now and it's my daily. You'll see me soon enough!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I only seen my 2nd Everest today. I am not expecting the Mustang to be on my local streets for a while.

As for the FGX, I have seen many base and xr6's. Only a handful of XR8's.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #16
AUS GRUNT

In my local area i've probly about 15 or so FGX's, first one i think was an XR8 (black with gold fg335 stripes) as it drove past by the time i realised what it was ...but a couple months ago when i went on holidays up north QLD for 2 weeks, i ended up seeing about that amount alone in such short time...in saying this i don't get out much either
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #17
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a gtf351 in Canberra. Unfortunately i had my mate's xr6 and a Boss 260 in a trailer instead of my car. I would have loved to give it a trot.