Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Muttley098
Starter Motor

Default Success in selling Focus with Powershift?

Hi,

My question is whether recently anyone's sold or tried to sell a Powershift Focus and how that went?

My current car lease ends in early December, and I now have to look at options for moving it on. It's a Dec 2012 LW2 Trend Powershift petrol hatch in silver, almost unmarked and will only have 25000km on it by December.

Will be getting an LZ Sport auto on a new lease to replace it - test drove one today.

So far my local dealer's trade-in estimate of $10,500 is below residual value for the lease payout, although I haven't got the lease company and dealer working on the deal as yet, I've just started getting lease quotes first.

Alternatively I can buy out the residual, put 6 months rego and CTP on it, keep it into January and sell it privately for more, whilst in parallel have the new one on order for January delivery to get it on 2016 plate and improve its value when it's time to move that one on.

The process of selling privately isn't a worry - three years ago I sold my previous LS Focus in 1 week via Carsales and recently the family SY Territory was sold in 3 weeks via Gumtree for $2.5k over trade-in offer.

But I don't want to be stuck with this one for weeks and months because the market is cold on the Powershift. In my case I've had no Powershift issues, there's only a very slight shudder after some slow crawling in traffic (behaviour which I minimise because I know how the 'box works and how to use it properly) and it actually works well in 99% of conditions. I've got the letter from Ford with the clutch seals extended warranty cover, but potential buyers who've done some research, such as reading threads on here, might have less confidence. I would have been perfectly happy to keep this one going another couple of years as it's been reliable and a great drive, but the lure of upgrade to an LZ Sport is too much for me to be happy with that option now.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Success in selling Focus with Powershift?

Just research your competition and price it right from the beginning.

Don't go chasing big $ then drop it several times. People who want a particular car will notice and 1)Think it has an issue or 2) Think you are desperate to sell.

If you want a fast sale present it as best you can, try and keet it near the top of the search results and be ready to negotiate sooner rather than later if you don't get much interest.

I sold my 2010 diesel powershift for $15k (2 years ago now), which was a fair price at the time but as soon as I put mine for sale and undercut my competition they dropped it to $10 below mine to be on top. I was lucky actually - I hardly got any interest and had a guy that seemed to like my car and was serious.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post