Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
timmy1300000
Black AU Falcon Forte II

Default 06 Ford Focus front left lower control arm

Hey guys, my housemate has clipped a gutter and the front left lower control arm has a bit of a bend in it, when we called to order a part they asked it it was and 18" or 21" ball joint or bearing, when we called ford to ask if you could define which it was via the vin they were unable to tell me and said i would have to take it off and measure it, is there any way we can find out the size without taking the arm off?
timmy1300000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 06 Ford Focus front left lower control arm

Measure the width of the arm at the bottom/base of the ball joint, it will be 18mm or 21mm not inch...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
80rs

you will need to drop the arm out its an easy job. most are the bigger ball joint
80rs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2015, 07:31 PM   #4
Citwit

The larger ones have a blue ring at the top of the rubber boot, the smaller ones have a yellow band. Mine is a 2008 TDCI and has the larger one with the blue ring.
Citwit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #5
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 

Ford should be able to look it up themselves if you call back with the VIN (ie Vehicle Identification Number).
Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post