Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-06-2015, 11:16 AM   #1
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

Default 2015 Shelby American Super Snake Mustang 750+hp

http://www.shelby.com/index.asp?topic=news&art=21530

Nice! But limited to 300 so I doubt we will see these down-under.

Quote:
SHELBY SUPER SNAKE RETURNS WITH 750+ HORSEPOWER MUSCLE CAR BASED ON 2015 FORD MUSTANG GT

Posted 6/16/2015

NEWS Release

Aaron Cook (214) 520-3430 or acook@tprm.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

• The legendary Shelby Super Snake returns for the 2015 Ford Mustang model year
• 750+ horsepower option combined with new independent suspension and braking system
• The first Super Snake available with an automatic transmission
• Production limited to 300 Shelby Super Snakes per model year

LAS VEGAS – June 16, 2015 – Shelby American is launching the newest Shelby Mustang to wear the legendary Super Snake badge, which will be based on the 2015 model Ford Mustang GT. With the option of over 750 horsepower, as well as unmatched performance enhancements to the handling, braking and cooling of the Ford Mustang GT, the new Shelby Super Snake continues the lineage of the best-selling and most sought-after Shelby car. Additionally, it will be the first Shelby Super Snake also available with an automatic transmission. There will only be 300 total 2015 model year Shelby Super Snakes built.

“When Shelby American introduced the 605 horsepower Super Snake in 2007, the car became an instant sensation,” said Joe Conway, CEO of Shelby American and co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International. “The new Super Snake is even better because the all new Ford Mustang is such a terrific platform for the iconic muscle car. By working closely with our partners at Ford Performance, Weld Racing, Michelin, Carbon by Design and Whipple and Kenne Bell superchargers, the 2015 Shelby Super Snake is an amazing car with world-class performance.”

For the 2015 model year, Ford successfully introduced an entirely new Mustang to rave reviews by enthusiasts worldwide. The sophisticated new independent rear suspension, robust V8 engine, slick shifting 6 speed transmission and stylish interior is wrapped in a new, taut body. For the first time, the car was designed for international markets, paving the way for more people to enjoy genuine American performance.

Shelby American specifically tuned and modified key aspects of the 2015 Shelby Super Snake for even better handling and power delivery. Each 2015 Shelby Super Snake begins as a Ford Mustang GT with a 5.0 liter V8 and Ford Performance supercharger connected to a six speed manual or automatic transmission. Shelby also adds Ford Performance suspension components, a throaty Borla exhaust, WELD Racing Super Snake 20” wheels shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and seat-belt-tightening-6-piston Wilwood brakes. Options include a more powerful supercharger, as well as a better performing intercooler and heat exchanger system, all designed to produce more than 750 horsepower on pump gas.

“Shelby American and the Ford team took the terrific Mustang to new extremes in the car’s performance capabilities,” said Henry Ford III, Ford Performance marketing manager. “The close relationship between Ford Racing and Shelby demonstrates our ability to work together to deliver some of the most exciting Mustangs ever built. The Shelby Super Snake is another example of how we are developing the kind of cars that enthusiasts want.”
The 2015 Shelby Super Snake will deliver both snap-you-into-your-seat-straight-line acceleration, as well as racetrack-tuned cornering performance. It is capable in any situation, from running on the track to the drag strip, through the canyons or around town and on the way to the local car hang-out.

Aesthetically, the car has signature Super Snake striping and a carbon fiber hood with a forced-air scoop plus a host of aerodynamic enhancements including a larger rear spoiler. Inside, the car has special badging, upgraded badged upholstery, floor mats and a 3-gauge dash pod. The Shelby Super Snake is also 50 state emissions legal in the US.

“The latest evolution of the Shelby Super Snake is based on developing the most road-and track-capable Mustang we’ve ever built, from the suspension to the bodywork and choice in high performance superchargers,” said Shelby American Vice President of Operations Akos J. Feher. “We saw this as a great opportunity to create the type of car that appeals to both the traditional Shelby Super Snake owner, as well as to the driver who demands world-class handling with stellar braking and higher horsepower capabilities. It is a refined car with a premium, quality feel. After extensive testing and development on the racetrack and street, we feel that this is our best supercharged performing and sounding, muscle car to date.”

Shelby Super Snakes have been revered since the car was first launched. They continue to attract great demand and command a premium in their resale.

“The first generation Shelby Super Snakes are among the hottest collectible cars in history,” said Shelby American Vice President of Marketing, Gary Schechner. “With the success and press praise garnered by the launch of our 2015 Shelby GT earlier this year, not to mention the positive feedback and customer demand for even more performance, we’re excited to make a limited number of these high-performance cars available. And now that we’re offering an automatic transmission option, we expect even more people to be able to enjoy the Shelby Super Snake experience without needing to be bothered with a stick shift. Carroll would have loved this car.”

Each 2015 Shelby Super Snake begins as a Ford Mustang GT with a 5.0 liter V8 and Ford Performance supercharger connected to a six speed manual or automatic transmission. Ford Mustangs are manufactured in Ford Motor Company’s Flat Rock, Michigan plant and the Shelby Super Snake is built at Shelby American in Las Vegas.

The 300 Shelby Super Snakes will be offered at a starting price of $49,995 (not including the base Ford Mustang GT). Customers can build their Shelby Super Snake online at shelby.com or call (702) 942-7325.

About Shelby American, Inc.
Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles; it offers the Shelby GT, 1000, GT500 Super Snake and GTS post-title packages for the 2005-2015 Ford Mustang. Shelby American also builds the Shelby Raptor muscle truck. For more information, visit www.shelbyamerican.com.

###
2015 Shelby Super Snake Specifications:

EXTERIOR:
Carbon Fiber Super Snake Hood
Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels with Aero Blades
Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Taillight Panel
Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
Black Anodized Front Grille and Lower Front Grille
Super Snake Racing Stripes
Shelby Super Snake External Badging

INTERIOR:
Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter
Carbon Fiber Gauge Pod with 3 Gauges
CSM Badging
Super Snake Branded Headrest Covers
Shelby Floor mats
Shelby Sill Plates
Shelby Engine Caps

PERFORMANCE:
Ford Performance supercharger
Ford Performance Half Shafts
Ford Performance Suspension/ Handling Pack
Ford Performance 3.73 Gears
Weld Racing Staggered 20” Wheels with Michelin Tires
Wilwood 6-Piston Front Brakes
Ford Racing by Borla Exhaust with Shelby tips

OPTIONS:
750+hp Whipple or Kenne Bell supercharger
Differential and Transmission Cooling Kits
Wilwood 4-Piston Rear Brake Kit
Adjustable Rear Control Arm
Brake Duct Kit
Camber/Caster Plates
Upholstery Upgrade
Racing Seats
5-Point Harness
Shelby Engine Valve Cover
Carbon Fiber Latch Cover

TOY: 2011 FG GT 335 #0498, Nitro, 6sp MANUAL, 18% tint, Herrod K&N Filter, Herrod-JLT oil breather, Manta twin 3" s/s cat-back exhaust, Shockworks adjustable coilovers, R-Spec wheels (build thread)

DAILY: 2015 PXII Ranger Wildtrak, Pride Orange, 6sp auto, tech pack (pics here)

BEFORE: 2005 Mercury Silver BF XR8 ZF Auto, 20% tint, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust, Advanti Zeta 19" wheels (found it!)
dawsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2015 Shelby American Super Snake Mustang 750+hp

take my money
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Black F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #3
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Wow what a beast. Love the rims too. Very sharp.
Anyone know if the "American" 51state emissions is the same as the euro standard we go by? Was wondering if they could even sell it here.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Nice, but I'd still take a GT350(R) over it. Not as much power but I cannot go past that 5.2 Voodoo engine.
Old 17-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #5
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Anyone know if the "American" 51state emissions is the same as the euro standard we go by? Was wondering if they could even sell it here.
Europe, Canada, Japan, South Korea and the USA all far exceed Australia with car emission standards.

The Australian Government has always protected the locals from the Euro Standards used overseas and allowed them to lag at least 5 years or more behind other western countries.

The worst offender in Australia is the locally made Fords.

The Ford Falcon FGX XR6T & XR8 only gets 3 out of 5 stars on the Australian Government Green Vehicle guide and as a side note the PX Ranger 2.5 stars.

The Holden Commodore SS is also 3 stars, the SV6 is 4 stars and the Colorado is 2.5 stars. Personally I don't see them as being any better than Ford.

Emissions laws may become tougher here now that the locals won't need protecting.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The previous super snakes were based on the GT500 were they not? Surprised this is based on a GT.

Very cool though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah interesting they still use the 5.0, interesting in a good way I guess.

I second the others though, I couldnt go past even a normal GT350, I think the R doesnt add thaaaaaaaaaaat much.

The SS looks a little bit to much NFS for me though, surely on any other car we would mock that bonnet.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #8
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The previous super snakes were based on the GT500 were they not? Surprised this is based on a GT.

Very cool though.
Not much choice at this stage.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #9
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where can I get one of those!
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 10:19 PM   #10
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
Not much choice at this stage.
True.

No sign of the GT500 yet.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 10:22 PM   #11
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want I want!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #12
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
We added a state? How'd I miss that?

American and European emissions standards are not the same, but I don't know how they differ.
Old 17-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #13
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

Confirmed coming to Australia!

http://www.motormag.com.au/news/1506...-to-australia/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TOY: 2011 FG GT 335 #0498, Nitro, 6sp MANUAL, 18% tint, Herrod K&N Filter, Herrod-JLT oil breather, Manta twin 3" s/s cat-back exhaust, Shockworks adjustable coilovers, R-Spec wheels (build thread)

BEFORE: 2005 Mercury Silver BF XR8 ZF Auto, 20% tint, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust, Advanti Zeta 19" wheels (found it!)
Old 17-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #14
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsman View Post
Confirmed coming to Australia!

http://www.motormag.com.au/news/1506...-to-australia/

Good pricing, should sell like hotcakes.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #15
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, very very nice.. If only I had that sort of money to spend on a car.

I also have to laugh when people say the Mustang in the US "is just a cheap form of transportation & nothing special". For a car that is nothing special it has a pretty large ticket price in the US.. Food for thought!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #16
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

That's it, I'm off to the bank....

So sinister in all black!

5 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #17
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

There's a lot going on at the snout. I hope that scoop is functional, because it must add a lot of drag.
Old 19-06-2015, 07:40 AM   #18
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like to get the rear Brembos for the Mustang GT I've ordered when(ever) it arrives.

I've been searching the net but so far haven't come across any rear brake upgrades for the S550.
Old 19-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #19
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
There's a lot going on at the snout. I hope that scoop is functional, because it must add a lot of drag.
Couldn't agree more. Just seems to be too much hanging out there in front of the front wheels.
Having said that, I'd only be too happy to have it parked in my garage.
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #20
YTRY4
Starter Motor

Very interesting, Shelby official numbers too so should be sought after by the true shelby mustang lovers not just a power pack.
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #21
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Looks awesome!
Old 08-07-2015, 02:46 AM   #22
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uow_7S...ature=youtu.be