Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #91
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Re: New car sales May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
Here's one owner's "satisfied" review of Focus on Drive:

http://www.drive.com.au/owner-review...417-3u9rp.html

Even I'm a bit shocked at whatever is going on. They had such a good reputation in Europe.
To me that reeks of a jilted lover getting back at their ex. (Mechanical issues and how they were dealt with aside) why did the person buy the car in the first place if they find everything about it to be so terrible?

Ford and the (independently owned franchises that sell their cars) should move mountains to keep customers happy (as should all manufacturers) but unfortunately the internet is oft used as a vessel for unhappy people to sook.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #92
JVC063

Nothing wrong with the car [Focus Titanium] when we test drove them all, if fact it come to the top. It is now less than 10,000km that the car presents as a lemon because of the auto gearbox. The fact that there does not seem to be a satisfactory fix is the biggest worry. The car was purchasee with a comprehensive 7 year warranty. It's just an unnecessay PITA.
This is the fifth Focus in the family [the only auto] the two XR5's and ST and Zetec have been great cars and still present trouble free motoring and ejoyment to own.
JVC063 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #93
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Dropped my car in for its service this morning and got a courtesy Hilux, top of the range, 4x4, 2500km on the odo, all the bells and whistles, turbo diesel, with auto...

Maybe I'm missing something, but IMO it is a total POS, yet it is top seller month after month?
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #94
suttoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVC063 View Post
Nothing wrong with the car [Focus Titanium] when we test drove them all, if fact it come to the top. It is now less than 10,000km that the car presents as a lemon because of the auto gearbox. The fact that there does not seem to be a satisfactory fix is the biggest worry. The car was purchasee with a comprehensive 7 year warranty. It's just an unnecessay PITA.
This is the fifth Focus in the family [the only auto] the two XR5's and ST and Zetec have been great cars and still present trouble free motoring and ejoyment to own.
With the dual clutch trans aren't they replacing the clutches in them if its shuddering? and providing warranty until 240000km? They are doing a lot more than what VW did
1997 EL GT, #102, Manual, 27000kms.
2002 AU3 TS50 #114, Auto
suttoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2015, 10:47 PM   #95
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Focus falling off a cliff coincided with the competition getting fierce, new, completely redesigned competitors were landing regularly, loaded with features, at pricing that was compelling.
The class below was moving ahead too, downsizers looking toward the euros, golf, polo, etc.
Then this small SUV wave hit, which took sales from sedans and hatches as buyers cross shopped the segments. Go to a ford dealer now, its not outside the realm of possibility that you may look at Focus, Ecosport and Kuga and choose between them. Same for all the other brands.
That's a good post too. From memory, that is around the time when Japanese PM Abe decided to toast the value of the yen, and shortly afterward a number of new Japanese car launches came in with surprisingly sharp pricing: the most recent Corolla body type under 20K; continuing to the latest Outback. Their (Corolla, 3) numbers have remained high as the market continues to fragment, and so 3000 per month+ is solid. Edit: FTA just achieved has continued to press the Japanese advantage, with Suby cutting 750 and 1250 off the price of the XV, for example.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #96
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Dropped my car in for its service this morning and got a courtesy Hilux, top of the range, 4x4, 2500km on the odo, all the bells and whistles, turbo diesel, with auto...

Maybe I'm missing something, but IMO it is a total POS, yet it is top seller month after month?
Your Ford dealer gave you a Hilux? Are they nuts?
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #97
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
Here's one owner's "satisfied" review of Focus on Drive:

http://www.drive.com.au/owner-review...417-3u9rp.html

Even I'm a bit shocked at whatever is going on. They had such a good reputation in Europe.
Mazda are pretty much a top brand in Australia yet struggling everywhere else. Perception is the key.