Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-02-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Default Prices on e series engines?

Ok, well I'm buying a Ef fairmont instead of an XR6 because... well, just because. But I still want to have the engine put out the samish power as the XR6, so I was thinking, I could buy the XR6 head and ECU off a wreaker (get it crack tested and chemically cleaned of course) and bolt them on.

But no sane wreaker wants to seperate thehead from the block of a working engine, so I was wondering how much could I pick up a XR6 (ef or el) engine for? If I could fine one in good order I might just sit it up on an engine stand in the shed and start investing serious cash into it, and just run the standard 4 liter fairmont engine until it's ready

But XR6 engines might be hard come by :( (I'm not sure myself), so what's the retail on a resonable standard Fairmont/Falcon EF - EL engine?

Thanks heaps

volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
BABOSS

$500-$700
BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

if your gonna spend serious cash on it, dont bother goin the XR motor... Get a falcon motor as there is not much difference at all... Get them for around $300 around places, especially the trading post.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post