Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Question AUII AIRBAG LIGHT / FAULT CODE PROBLEM , help plz...

Hi again , another question from me if u all don't mind ty !!!! - I seem to have an unknown fault code with my airbag - light flashes 4 times , then 7 times , im guessing fualt code 47 that means , only link i could find on what appaperntly is all the codes was this http://www.fordmods.com/phpBB2/documents.php?doc=3 / but these is no fault code 47 in this list ??????? - I was thinking i was maybe just gonna check the fuse then try disconect battery etc - if the fuse is blown obviouslly i have the car off while changing the fuse but do i have to disconnect the battery first or any other steps involved be4 pulling out the fuse and checking/changing it ?????? , thx.

XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #2
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fault is with the passenger seatbelt pretensioner wiring circuit. Have a look under the seat, you can see the wiring connector. Has the car been in a bingle? Is the passenger seatbelt stalk shorter than the drivers?
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I have noticed the yellow plug under the seat , doesnt look like anywhere or feel like when driving that its been in a bingle , allthough i have notice the rear left passengers seatbelt takes ages for it to fully retract back in ( like overnight ) , by the morning its nice and tight against the seat again ( but thats the rear seat ) , could this be the cause ? , or that wiring ur on about be the cause of that too ? . or is that just some kind spring related issue with the rear passenger belt ? thanks
Old 07-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I just mentioned about that yellow plug under the front seat to the missus , she recons she played with it when we first got the car ( wondering what it was ) , and the light went off for a while ( now she tells me ! ) - so yeah sounds like i might have a dodgy connection with that plug under the seat , it does seem to expose a bit when the seat is back in its usual spot , ill check the plug and wires , thanks for the tip . ;)
Old 07-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

with the rear seat belt that is slow to retract. Pull it all the way out, with a lighter GENTLY burn along both edges of the belt to remove any fraying and crud, then hit the outsides with some silicon spray.. It is only a temp fix but it should free it up abit and retract faster.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

thanks racecraft , ill pull it out all the way and check for fraying ( i didnt think of that ! ..good point .stupid me !. And yeah a bit of silicone release spray , that ИИИИ cures all ..lol
Old 07-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #7
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

This light in my car doesn't flash, it just stays on for as long as how fast i go...make sense? i went on a trip the other day sitting on 110-120 the light never went off, but driving around town it will come on and go off for different amounts of time. Is this the same wire your talking about making my problem.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are various reasons why the light can come on. The lamp flash codes need to be provided so I can help.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #9
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

AUXRVIII .... Spot on mate , that was the problem, ur a genious ..lol , looks like the wires had been cut and rejoined just be4 the yellow plug under the seat and they just needed retwisting a bit tighter and concealed away better , fixed the problem . thatnks again ...

StAndArdAu ....... thats exactelly what was happening with the airbag light in my car , check out what AUXRVIII said about the problem , it sorted my problem out .