Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Restoring black window trim?

Apologies in advance for what is I'm sure a common question, I did try a search with no luck.

Just wondering what people are doing to restore the black exterior trim around the windows, there are a few little places on my EL that look a bit ratty IMHO and I'm wondering the best way to fix them. Is paint the only option?

Old 19-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Mikalpik
Starter Motor

Default Re: Restoring black window trim?

I pulled off what I could and painted it matte black

You could go gloss if you wanted
Mikalpik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Restoring black window trim?

This post is kinda in the wrong place, but I have recently redone the my rear quarter windows on my EL because they have a few spots where they were a bit perished. I used Plasti-dip on mine.

I sanded it back really well until all the pitted bits were smooth, and then masked up the window and put on about 4 coats of Plasti-dip.
I must say I was skeptical about using this at first, but it worked well and im happy with how they look.

Last edited by BradEL; 24-06-2014 at 06:33 PM.
BradEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: