Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Miss T did a 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378 View Post
Did both these cars show these times first time out?

And if not, did you question the dyno figures with them?

Did they change anything with the car or combo for any improvements from dyno to best track times?

If so are you willing to share anything done to help Brad?
Rhino has basically consistently mph since the engine dyno, manifold change from airgap saw a few hp on rw dyno and about less than 2 mph.

XT ran has run close to its mph since hitting track. The rw dyno was only a short time after it hit the track/mph , so no mods
Old 05-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT302 View Post
XT ran has run close to its mph since hitting track. The rw dyno was only a short time after it hit the track/mph , so no mods
Come on Garret, it ran 123 mph and 10.9 first time out, so what changed between that run and now..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Come on Garret, it ran 123 mph and 10.9 first time out, so what changed between that run and now..
Nugget if you want to talk about the XT do so in its thread, instead of taking this off topic, lyou have "moderated" me in the past for exactly what your doing now!
If you want to get technical why don't you post your 10.8@130 slip in the slip thread that you have updated with et/mph as per forum/thread guidelines?

But to answer your question simply and keeping it relevant to this thread BOTH cars being the rhino and XT were dynoed and raced afterwards unmodified to achieve the quoted mph oh yeah and when it ran 12ph it didn't make 438rwhp.

Last edited by XT302; 05-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.
XT302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nugget if you want to talk about the XT do so in its thread, instead of taking this off topic, lyou have "moderated" me in the past for exactly what your doing now!
If you want to get technical why don't you post your 10.8@130 slip in the slip thread that you have updated with et/mph as per forum/thread guidelines?

But to answer your question simply and keeping it relevant to this thread BOTH cars being the rhino and XT were dynoed and raced afterwards unmodified to achieve the quoted mph oh yeah and when it ran 12ph it didn't make 438rwhp.
Very first pass it ran 10.95 @ 124.11, with mechanical fuel pump and different cam, cam was changed due to chewing a lifter.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Very first pass it ran 10.95 @ 124.11, with mechanical fuel pump and different cam, cam was changed due to chewing a lifter.
Cheers mate, goes to show that you have to have everything sorted before it all comes together.

Brad if I was you I would work on the car before I even touched the engine, including convertor and chassis setup..
Old 05-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
brad24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cheers mate, goes to show that you have to have everything sorted before it all comes together.

Brad if I was you I would work on the car before I even touched the engine, including convertor and chassis setup..
Cheers mate,

I cant put it on the track again until Wednesday 2nd Jan,

Im going to try carb jetting (with pulling a plug at the end of a run) & modifying the exhaust

I'll try some different settings on the calvert/rancho shocks

I havnt tried the car yet with the front sway bar disconnected yet either

'69 Capri

'95 triumph speed triple, '10 Fat Bob

My XT Fairmont
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11298079

My capri track car
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11492523
brad24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Windsor

Quote:

Nugget what else Brad can do for chassis setup? He has all the good gear in it (drag shocks, traction bars, custom tank with modified pickup(s), good tyres etc.). The convertor is more than good enough to get the job done.

Cheers,
Steve.B
Windsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
brad24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My XT 60's around 1.56-1.58

'69 Capri

My XT Fairmont

My capri track car
Old 05-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
The convertor is more than good enough to get the job done.

Cheers,
Steve.B
And you know that how? did you make it?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:

You brought up your mates cars Garret, I was just asking for clarification on what I saw as wrong information.

I tried updating the timeslip, but there is no way to upload a timeslip over the old one, I even emailed it to a supermod and had him try to do it for me, he updated the times but it just wont do it for the slip.

And after a couple of years I dont even know I have it anymore, from memory it was a 1.7 something 60', about 97m/h half track, and 129.9x terminal speed.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You brought up your mates cars Garret, I was just asking for clarification on what I saw as wrong information.

I tried updating the timeslip, but there is no way to upload a timeslip over the old one, I even emailed it to a supermod and had him try to do it for me, he updated the times but it just wont do it for the slip.

And after a couple of years I dont even know I have it anymore, from memory it was a 1.7 something 60', about 97m/h half track, and 129.9x terminal speed.
If you look a few post up, you will see someone else brought it up. As for wrong information? Post above clearly states what mph was run with what hp, nothing wrong there

As for your time slip, many other have since posted slip shame hey it's only yours that can't get loaded
Old 05-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
brad24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone tried chassis connectors on these old girls?

Would it make that much difference tightening up the chassis at this power level?

Cheers Brad

'69 Capri

My XT Fairmont

My capri track car
Old 05-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad24 View Post
Has anyone tried chassis connectors on these old girls?

Would it make that much difference tightening up the chassis at this power level?

Cheers Brad
Ive got chassis connectors Brad, cant tell you how they would improve your time, as Ive only had my car out 4 times and 2 of those broke clutch/gearbox, and mine wont 60' at all without changing the whole suspension setup, I can tell you that an andra tech guy told me they always make a car quicker in his opinion, but the weight would have to pull down the mph.

I think you should chase the mph via fuel setup and driveline first, and then worry about that stuff. your 60' isnt too bad.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
As for your time slip, many other have since posted slip shame hey it's only yours that can't get loaded
I cant tell you anything more than I have, it didnt work, and thats that, pm falconcoupe if you want, he had a try as well.