Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
david lee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default battery

thanks to the guys who replied it was the battery not the starter motor the local auto elec supplied a new battery the old 1 didnt last 2 years.he told me if u get 3 years your doing alright .batteries must be made in china now

david lee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: battery

i think there are some good brands out there, yes i`ve had a couple that barely lasted 12 months over the years, the one i have in the Au at the moment is 5 years plus, it is showing signs of age though, one cell is a bit down , but it`s still cranking over fine on these chilli melbourne mornings so i might get another year out of it , it pays to spend a few more buks on a qaulity battery i think.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

good to hear. these cold mornings are just the excuse that crook batteries are looking for to pack it in. i was just thinking thismorning that my current battery went pretty much exactly 2 years ago. This one seems to be a bit better!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

G'day guys, david i know what you mean, i purchased a new battery (tbh a midranger) & about a year later it was starting to crank slower.
I removed the battery vent caps and noticed the acid levels where a bit low so i topped them up with demineralised water and the battery returned to nearly as good as new.
Winter is always harder on batteries so it pays to maintain your battery i guess, to keep it in optimal condition & make it last longer. David at the first sign the new battery is cranking slower rip the vents out (if applicable) and inspect the levels & top up if needed, personally i never buy sealed batteries. Hope the new battery last's longer mate lol!

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

I had a corolla that used to eat batteries every 18 months found out after 5 years the alternator was missing a wire so it was getting half charge it should have.

Battery wise the AU is one of the best in my experience I have had. I usually go up to the high crank cca Century. Got a GS Yuasa (century) in it at the moment and one of the best so far. My AU has never cooked one under 3 years so far /touchwood. lol

I agree with Maka don't go the cheapest ones you do get what you pay for.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post