Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Ryannnnnnnn
Starter Motor

Default Sports exhaust for fiesta

Hi,

I would like to put a muffler that sounds better and is louder than stock. What exhausts are available for an 06 fiesta. The exhaust is not visible and it curls downwards so I think it might hav to be short? roughly how can u get it fitted?

Can a aftermarket exhaust damage your car or make its reliability lower? Because the flow anf exhsust output would change? I cant have reliabolity bcoz im on highway 1000km plus a week.

Ryannnnnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
ConradP

Default Re: Sports exhaust for fiesta

Just got into any exhaust shop, they do custom work and pick from their mufflers or go straight pipe with a resonator.

If you're doing a cat-back or even just axle-back it wont really change the car besides sound, think of it as having a bottle neck up until the new exhaust, the same amount will be coming from the engine it will just have more room to move once it hits the point you start the new exhaust from.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

If you're in Sydney go to Hi-tech and get one, they make a good sounding system.

here's mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/burgpho...in/photostream

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
brydie76
Moff-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhcbm
If you're in Sydney go to Hi-tech and get one, they make a good sounding system.

here's mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/burgpho...in/photostream
Hey! That looks awesome, thinking of doing this to my Fiesta too! Few quick questions sorry-

- is this a full system or just a cat-back/axle-back as suggested?
- can you give a rough price guide? How long did it take to get done?
- do you know the status of these upgrades in relation to warranty?

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the questions- really close to doing this and want to make sure I get it done right!!! : )

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
vhcbm

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76
Hey! That looks awesome, thinking of doing this to my Fiesta too! Few quick questions sorry-

1 is this a full system or just a cat-back/axle-back as suggested?
2 can you give a rough price guide? How long did it take to get done?
3 do you know the status of these upgrades in relation to warranty?

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the questions- really close to doing this and want to make sure I get it done right!!! : )
1. No it isnt the full system.

2. 400

3. It will void the warranty on anything related to your exhaust system. Your dealer could turn a blind eye to it though.

Old 14-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
fonfe
RS shop's technician

If its 06 your very much out of the warranty period being a year old car?
Miltek do good systems for the fiestas. Tried and tested by many in Europe, they are the exhausts supplied by mountune for the warranty approved upgrades in selected dealers. Fitted a few myself and the quality was always very good, especially the manifolds and sports cats. What engine is your fiesta?
fonfe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
vhcbm

Remember it costs about double the price to have one in Australia then have one done here though fonfe.

Old 14-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
fonfe
RS shop's technician

That is true, on that note I'd just get the miltek manifold (think its called a header here in oz?) and the sports cat then have the rest of the system made up over here.
Company I work for imports cosworth parts via 22ft container so that would bring the cost of shipping down considerably if anyone wanted a manifold.
fonfe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #9
vhcbm

Yea I agree with you there as those parts are made especially for the car and tested on it which really they need to be. Correct many people call them headers here.